Passholder reservation question

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hello All
Couple of questions. A friend of ours will book a room only reservation for us using his passholder discount. Can they book it with our card? And if so once we get the confirmation number can we call in and make the final payment? I could also buy gift cards as well for him to use to pay for the deposit. So basically if he books the room will we get a confirmation number and then we can call in and have it be “our” reservation. I hope this makes sense lol.

Yes to everything. :) They can use your credit card and you can call in to make the final payment. You can give them gift cards, too.

My sister often travels with us and we have gotten the passholder discount applied to her reservation every time. If your friend uses your MDE account to book your reservation, then it will be under your control.

We have never had any trouble getting the AP discount applied to her reservation. :)

Last edited:
I've used my AP discount to book rooms for others. You're allowed to book up to 3 per trip. As of the last time I did this, we had to be there together at the same time and I had to check in for all 3 rooms. I have not done this since early 2020 and I don't currently have an AP, so things may have changed. We could switch the credit card on file once checked in, for resort and park charges made via MagicBand. The discount is specifically to benefit those with an Annual Pass, but allowing 2 extra rooms to be booked allows the AP holder to have separate accommodations if traveling with multiple people such as a large family.

Yes to everything. :) They can use your credit card and you can call in to make the final payment. You can give them gift cards, too.

My sister often travels with us and we have gotten the passholder discount applied to her reservation without a problem. If your friend uses your MDE account to book your reservation, then it will be under your control.

We have never had any trouble getting the AP discount applied to her reservation. :)
Ok perfect! He’s not going to be there with us at all. He’s just trying to pass the discount to us. It’s my wife’s boss. I was hoping this would work so that way I could just pay ahead of time and skip the desk entirely with the online check in.

As of the last time I did this, we had to be there together at the same time and I had to check in for all 3 rooms. I have not done this since early 2020 and I don't currently have an AP, so things may have changed.
We always do online check in and so we don't have to go to the front desk unless there is a problem. We just go straight to the room.

We always do online check in and so we don't have to go to the front desk unless there is a problem. We just go straight to the room.
Like I said it's been a few years, but the times I did it, it was for family trips with my adult children and I would put them in their own rooms. I did the reservations over the phone and the representative would always stress that I needed to show my AP at check in. In fact, one time my AP wasn't activated yet and I had to go over to Guest Services at Epcot to activate it and then return to the front desk at Boardwalk.

In fact, one time my AP wasn't activated yet and I had to go over to Guest Services at Epcot to activate it and then return to the front desk at Boardwalk.
We were at POR in February and they never asked to see our annual passes. :)

Ok perfect! He’s not going to be there with us at all. He’s just trying to pass the discount to us. It’s my wife’s boss. I was hoping this would work so that way I could just pay ahead of time and skip the desk entirely with the online check in.
You may get away with it just fine, but the AP discount is specifically for the AP holder. In certain circumstances it can be extended to those traveling with an AP holder, such as an additional room or 2, or dining for up to 6 people when the AP holder is paying the tab. It's not intended to be shared randomly but I'm sure it happens, especially with online check in.

Sure, but you had them, and if asked you could have provided them. Also, your annual pass is connected to your MDE account and to your MagicBand.
Yeah this is the concern. He going to call and ask. I’m going to go the gift card route to pay for the room so he can apply that to the room and then just add our cc from there. He’s going to call and ask about gifting a room.

Ok perfect! He’s not going to be there with us at all. ...
DON’T do this. What they say on the phone does not matter, Disney is only bound by written words. They give out blatantly bad phone info all the time. You could get lucky and not be asked to show the AP. But if you’re asked to show an active AP and you cannot produce it your reservation will be charged Rack Rate. You do NOT want that. The offer details literally state “Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass at check-in.”

There is no “it was gifted to me” option 🙄

Your wife’s boss could also have their AP cancelled because that’s a violation of the AP terms and conditions. “Benefits and discounts are nontransferable”- from the terms and conditions. To say that would be bad for your wife would be the understatement of the year.

DON’T do this. What they say on the phone does not matter, Disney is only bound by written words. They give out blatantly bad phone info all the time. You could get lucky and not be asked to show the AP. But if you’re asked to show an active AP and you cannot produce it your reservation will be charged Rack Rate. You do NOT want that. The offer details literally state “Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass at check-in.”

Your wife’s boss could also have their AP cancelled because that’s a violation of the AP terms and conditions. “Benefits and discounts are nontransferable”- from the terms and conditions. To say that would be bad for your wife would be the understatement of the year.
Ok. Lol. This is why I came here first. He just mentioned it to us. I don’t think he even knew. We don’t want to mess anything up for anyone. Thanks!

DON’T do this. What they say on the phone does not matter, Disney is only bound by written words. They give out blatantly bad phone info all the time. You could get lucky and not be asked to show the AP. But if you’re asked to show an active AP and you cannot produce it your reservation will be charged Rack Rate. You do NOT want that. The offer details literally state “Eligibility Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass at check-in.”

THIS^ This person could have his AP revoked and worse (banned from property) and you would pay full price on arrival.

There are public discounts, go look at one of those.

THIS^ This person could have his AP revoked and worse (banned from property) and you would pay full price on arrival.

There are public discounts, go look at one of those.
Yeah like I said he mentioned it to us. But I figured I’d check here first because I know you folks here would know.

AP holders are made to show their active pass card or pass in MDE and photo ID to save a few dollars on a meal or souvenir. Maybe it’s time to go back to needing to show the same to save hundreds on resort rooms to prevent this type of fraud.

When is your trip? The Chase Visa (assuming you have a Disney Visa) discount is still active and the inventory is about the same as the AP discount. They also released a new 25% discount for the summer.
Not sure. We were just discussing it and he said he could book it so I came here to ask glad we did

AP holders are made to show their active pass card or pass in MDE and photo ID to save a few dollars on a meal or souvenir. Maybe it’s time to go back to needing to show the same to save hundreds on resort rooms to prevent this type of fraud.
Was talking about this with the AP holder and he said he thought he could book a room reservation for us at his discount. Didn’t really think of it that way. Glad I asked it here first. Wasn’t trying to be fraudulent at all. Which is why I asked the question here first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter