Passenger counts this week?

Yes, I just disembarked from a spring break cruise, and there was a noticeable amount of horseplay (kids running up and down hallways, lying on the floor, messing with others' door magnets, playing in elevators, generally being loud, etc.) Not overwhelming or a reason not to cruise at that time, but definitely more than you'd see typically. It's unsupervised upper-elementary and middle school kids (average age 8 - 12) who cause the biggest issue with this, not young kids or teens.
That was the only negative of our Disney cruise. Kids running and yelling in the halls at 5:45 am on a sea day. Not their fault. All their parents fault. Why on earth ANY parent would let their kids out of their stateroom by themselves at 5:45 am is beyond me.

My 10 yr old would bring me coffee in the mornings. Not at 5:45 am, more like 6:20 am.
That is too early too. My kids were the opposite. Our issue always getting them to go to bed.....more specifically......go to a sleep.......and then they didn't want to get up in the morning. And on a cruise, we kind of stayed on West Coast time, and our excursions were all in the afternoon, but it was struggle to get the two of them up before they stopped serving breakfast!

My kids were the opposite.
Lucky. We pay ours to stay in their rooms until 6:30 am--don't care if they are awake, playing with toys or reading. The oldest rarely takes advantage of this revenue stream. He's up and raring to go by 5:45 am most days, no matter how late he is up the night before.

Lucky. We pay ours to stay in their rooms until 6:30 am--don't care if they are awake, playing with toys or reading. The oldest rarely takes advantage of this revenue stream. He's up and raring to go by 5:45 am most days, no matter how late he is up the night before.
I worked graveyard shift (11pm to 7 am) from before both my kids were born, until the oldest started college and the youngest started High School. When they were younger bed time was 8 pm, and many nights I had two faces in their bedroom windows waving goodbye to me as I went to work at 10:45 pm. Bed time did not mean sleep time.

Time of day has nothing to do with it. Too early, too late -- it goes both ways, morning and night, and varies by family. Really, what it comes down to is whether the parents have taught the kids to be courteous and responsible in public spaces, no matter the time of day. If your kid can't go down the hallways without racing at top speed and screaming, they shouldn't be unsupervised.

That was the only negative of our Disney cruise. Kids running and yelling in the halls at 5:45 am on a sea day. Not their fault. All their parents fault. Why on earth ANY parent would let their kids out of their stateroom by themselves at 5:45 am is beyond me.
I never noticed an issue with horseplay or noise during sleeping hours. Just occasionally in the daytime when they really should have been in the clubs instead of running around unsupervised. The clubs eventually returning to full capacity will help with this, no doubt.

Time of day has nothing to do with it. Too early, too late -- it goes both ways, morning and night, and varies by family. Really, what it comes down to is whether the parents have taught the kids to be courteous and responsible in public spaces, no matter the time of day. If your kid can't go down the hallways without racing at top speed and screaming, they shouldn't be unsupervised.
LOL. They roll up the sidewalks at 10 pm on Disney. So noise at night isn't an issue.

LOL. They roll up the sidewalks at 10 pm on Disney. So noise at night isn't an issue.
In your opinion, and I think you've mentioned before that your last cruise on DCL was well over a decade ago. In my experience, the kids clubs on DCL have been open until midnight or even 1am. There's noise at night. I don't get your point -- are you trying to say noisy kids only happen in the early morning?

I’ve never had a problem with loud kids only loud adults in the next room.
Once there was a domestic violence episode in the stateroom next to ours. Relatively mild for DV, but DV is always an awful mess. They both seemed to be drunk. Middle of the night, really loud & long, woke my son & I up, had to get DCL security to handle it. This was on New Years Eve 2020. Fitting way to ring in that terrible year, I guess.

Yeah, that was worse than any issue kids have presented on a cruise.

Once there was a domestic violence episode in the stateroom next to ours. Relatively mild for DV, but DV is always an awful mess. They both seemed to be drunk. Middle of the night, really loud & long, woke my son & I up, had to get DCL security to handle it. This was on New Years Eve 2020. Fitting way to ring in that terrible year, I guess.

Yeah, that was worse than any issue kids have presented on a cruise.
I have always wanted to go on a cruise for New Years eve. Ever since one night I watched Poseidon
Adventure lol. Was it fun? Did they have a big party and dancing? Did the ship's horn go off?

I think next year I will look into it. New Year's eve On DCL sounds fun.

I have always wanted to go on a cruise for New Years eve. Ever since one night I watched Poseidon
Adventure lol. Was it fun? Did they have a big party and dancing? Did the ship's horn go off?

I think next year I will look into it. New Year's eve On DCL sounds fun.
New Years on DCL is awesome. I've done it twice: on the Magic to ring in 2016, and on the Fantasy to ring in 2020.. They have a deck party for New Years, with fireworks at the end of the countdown. This was always separate from the Pirate Night party & fireworks. Characters dressed up for New Years, which made for good photo ops. And the ship is still beautifully decorated for Christmas.

It's an expensive time to cruise, though.

In your opinion, and I think you've mentioned before that your last cruise on DCL was well over a decade ago. In my experience, the kids clubs on DCL have been open until midnight or even 1am. There's noise at night. I don't get your point -- are you trying to say noisy kids only happen in the early morning?
We all post from our experiences and noise in the morning was my experience. And there have been complaints here from more recent cruisers about how early the kids clubs close, so you might direct your question to those folks.

We all post from our experiences and noise in the morning was my experience. And there have been complaints here from more recent cruisers about how early the kids clubs close, so you might direct your question to those folks.

Sure, but recent times aren't typical times. The kids clubs have been very restricted since the restart. That's finally changing, though. I also noticed a lot more late-night entertainment options on my February cruises than we had on our September cruise. So, I expect that the kids clubs will be staying open later soon enough, just like in the before times.

Sure, but recent times aren't typical times. The kids clubs have been very restricted since the restart. That's finally changing, though. I also noticed a lot more late-night entertainment options on my February cruises than we had on our September cruise. So, I expect that the kids clubs will be staying open later soon enough, just like in the before times.
No, I was speaking of posts before the pandemic.

We were on the Dream 3/14 sail date and were told a little over half capacity. It did feel like the perfect capacity, enough folks to feel like a "full" cruise but the ability to get chairs on deck without fighting for them. This was during our spring break week (Florida county).

Was on the Dream B2B 3/11 and 3/14 and were told approx 2500 on both cruises. It did feel full, but not as full as usual pre-cOvid for a cruise around spring break time.

Amen!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter