Part 2 of Linda Mac's AKV blog is up

Great report. (And Miracle of miracles a Disney key card worked!!! LOL! It would have served them right if the "must be treated like invalid realative" key card had FAILED!)

What a dream trip for Linda! :cloud9:

I am somewhat disappointed though....she didn't say if her room was clean or not!! :rotfl2:

WOW! Cannot wait 'til our January trip! :cheer2: :yay:

(Granny, did she mention how long the hallway was? :lmao: )

What a dream trip for Linda! :cloud9:

I am somewhat disappointed though....she didn't say if her room was clean or not!! :rotfl2:

Nope. The construction workers had smoked in it. :rotfl2:

But what a great treasure chest! Somebody put a lot of thought and effort into preparing that.

It's like a good book, you can't wait to turn the page. I hope she gets the next installment up quickly, I'm dying to know the room details and see the pictures!

We will be going in August and I'm already counting the days :cool1:

The pictures are now posted. WOW!! To me, these pictures look alot better than what I saw at the AKV rooms at SSR. Having the real balcony makes a difference IMO. We can't wait to stay there in December (and again in March).

What a beautiful room! I have to wait until March 2008 for my AKV room. :(

It's great to see photos of the Jambo House studio and 1BR. I love the kitchen! It's even nicer than I imagined from looking at the floor plans. Overall it looks like they used the same furnishings as the Kidani Village model rooms.

A couple of things puzzle me, though:

- It looks like only the left side of the armoire in the studio can be used for clothes. The right side has no closet pole and no shelves. Are they going to put the vacuum cleaner in the right side? Half an armoire is not enough space for clothes. When I saw the large armoire in the model room I thought it was great. I never imagined only half of it would be usable.

- I don't like the placement of the desk in the master bedroom. They put the desk next to the bed and the nightstand and chair against the wall on the other side of the room. It looks very odd. I prefer the way the model room was set up: nightstands on either side of the bed with the chair next to the nightstand and the desk and its chair on the opposite wall.

Other than that, everything looks even nicer than I imagined. I love the rooms!

Lisa, I agree about the kitchen...prettier than I anticipated. I love the island.

Also agree about the armoire. Hopefully something will be added....shelves or a rod or both.

As to the placement of the desk, when BCV first opened the desk was by the bed too. I enjoyed it that way but after a trip or two, we started getting rooms with the setup reversed. At first I thought guests had switched the arrangement but it's been at least 2 or 3 years since we had a room with the original setup.

"- It looks like only the left side of the armoire in the studio can be used for clothes. The right side has no closet pole and no shelves. Are they going to put the vacuum cleaner in the right side? Half an armoire is not enough space for clothes. When I saw the large armoire in the model room I thought it was great. I never imagined only half of it would be usable."

I wasn't the first to check in on the 2nd - but the 3rd family of the day! (I did get the awesome basket too though!)

Anyway - to answer your question about the armoire - we had a studio, but the armoire only had one side to hang clothes, the other half was empty, no shelves. I put the decorative bed pillows in there overnight. The hair dryer was also "loose" on the shelf above the clothes pole - it was not hung on the wall like other studios. We did have a closet though that had a bar for hanging clothes. The vacuum/ironing board and iron were also in there. We also had to search around for the bedding for the fold out - it was in a drawer in a bench.

The room was so beautiful - I can't wait to go back!

How wonderful for you, Charlene. What a memory your family will have!:goodvibes

How big was the closet?

As to the placement of the desk, when BCV first opened the desk was by the bed too. I enjoyed it that way but after a trip or two, we started getting rooms with the setup reversed. At first I thought guests had switched the arrangement but it's been at least 2 or 3 years since we had a room with the original setup.
Having the desk next to the bed is OK. But using a nightstand as a chair-side table just looks odd. I suspect somebody made a mistake and put the Internet connection on the wrong side of the room so they had to move the desk next to the bed. If they had intended to put the desk next to the bed, then they would have put a different table in there and not put a nightstand next to the chair.

Yes, we had a dedicated studio - I agree with you though that the clothes bar is not enough to hang everything. I wonder if the lock-off studios will not have the extra closet space?

The closet that we had was much smaller than the usual closets in studios too. My son tried to get his suitcase in there and it didn't fit. It did have the vac and ironing board, and the luggage holder. I don't remember seeing the little crib that is usually in there too.

I was thinking if we were going to be staying for more than one night, where would I put all of the luggage? There was a large space under the sink area, and there was a lot more room than usual next to the bed, but the hallway leading into the studio was straight in. We usually put a suitcase in that area and in this case you wouldn't be able to do that.

Having the desk next to the bed is OK. But using a nightstand as a chair-side table just looks odd. I suspect somebody made a mistake and put the Internet connection on the wrong side of the room so they had to move the desk next to the bed. If they had intended to put the desk next to the bed, then they would have put a different table in there and not put a nightstand next to the chair.

Is there an internet connection in the MBR? At BCV it is in the living room/kitchen between the couch and the banquette.

I had hoped it would be in the BR by the desk but at BCV that's not the case.

Yes, we had a dedicated studio - I agree with you though that the clothes bar is not enough to hang everything. I wonder if the lock-off studios will not have the extra closet space?

The closet that we had was much smaller than the usual closets in studios too. My son tried to get his suitcase in there and it didn't fit. It did have the vac and ironing board, and the luggage holder. I don't remember seeing the little crib that is usually in there too.

I was thinking if we were going to be staying for more than one night, where would I put all of the luggage? There was a large space under the sink area, and there was a lot more room than usual next to the bed, but the hallway leading into the studio was straight in. We usually put a suitcase in that area and in this case you wouldn't be able to do that.
Since the dedicated studios don't have a connecting door, they have room to put a small closet there instead. I hope they add another closet pole to the other side of that armoire!

Re: the pack'n'play, I think it's in a compartment at the bottom of the dresser. That's where it was in the model room.

ETA: Due to having to work around some structural elements in the Lodge, not every dedicated studio has a closet. I've seen at least one floor plan for a dedicated studio that did not have a closet. I've also seen at least one floor plan for a lockoff studio that did have a closet. I would say your chances of getting a closet in a studio are much higher if you are in a dedicated studio rather than a lockoff, but that is not a guarantee.

facebook twitter