Parley....Will That Get Me On The Ship Any Faster part 2

We don't dress up to pirate night because we're two accountants (We're more subdued, kind of like Bob Newhart types, also from Chicago:banana:)

That's no excuse! I'm an accountant, too, and I'm also from the Chicago area. I've gone a teensy bit OCD with my pirate costume and will be in full-tilt Jack Sparrow garb for Pirate Night. Should look similar to the first Captain Jack pic posted by mdwoodman. That's why I was asking about guest participation on PN. I was wondering how much I'm going to stand out if I come to dinner dressed like that.

c) 9:30 works best for us.

But will gladly go with majority.

As far as PN costumes. Go for it. We are not the dressing up type. Prefer to watch and take pictures. Don't worry about standing out. Take it as a compliment and bask in the admiration of others.:)

c) Don't worry about standing out. Take it as a compliment and bask in the admiration of others.:)

Aye, mate. But I'm more of a humble, quiet sort of pirate! pirate:

I've always wanted to be Jack Sparrow for Halloween ever since I saw the first POTC movie way back when. I just never got around to doing it. With PN on the cruise, this year I decided to go ahead with it. So PN will be my first adventure as Jack. I'm just hoping my costume turns out okay, especially the parts that I had to make myself. It's going to be fun, nonetheless!

c) 9:30 works best for me as well.

...and also from Chicago!

We also vote for 9:30.

Sox or Cubs, that will tell if you us if you are a southsider or a northsider. We know RobbW and wife are Huskies. My husband is a Huskie and I am a Leatherneck. And you?

Another question for my fellow Parleyers! I posted this in another older DCL thread and figured I'd post it here, too, to get feedback from y'all. We're very excited for pirate night on the cruise. Everyone in the two groups we're traveling with is bringing along pirate costumes. Me, being completely obsessive, I'm going full-tilt on a Jack Sparrow costume, making my own wig even. Just wanted to know from all you previous cruisers, what is the guest participation level on pirate night? Are most people just casually pirated up (i.e. t-shirts and an eye patch), or do lots of people really get into it with their costumes? Am I going to feel like a complete geek and a total standout if I come to dinner dressed in my full-on Jack Sparrow garb?

We are also going to be dressed up so you will not be the only one. pirate:

I'm sensing a trend. I may be able to officially call this election sooner than I thought! I'll give ya plenty more time, though, just in case there are any dissenters among us.

Sox or Cubs, that will tell if you us if you are a southsider or a northsider. We know RobbW and wife are Huskies. My husband is a Huskie and I am a Leatherneck. And you?

Hahaha, Cubbies all the way! I went to H.S. on the same street as Wrigley Field, so skipping afternoon classes to take a bus ride was a regular occurance! :rolleyes1

Most of my friends went to UC, UIC or SIU. I went to University of Chicago for a year then my family moved back in the 80s and I tranferred to Auburn. I have no allegiance to Auburn or her sports teams, :cheer2: so I'm kind of an orphan...

On a happy note:
We got our room assignment! Woo Hoo!

We were paid a visit by the pixie dust fairy and were bumped from Cat7 to Cat5.
We are in 7110.
So if you have manually added us to your FE list, put us down for 7110.

Yay!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks - same to you too, looking forward to meeting you. Am I right in thinking you will be on the Boardwalk on the Friday night? We are meeting some friends (other DISers) down in the BW area on Friday night so am hoping to bump into some of the Parleyers who are planning to be around there.

We are at the Boardwalk Friday night as well. We have ressies at Via Napoli at 7:45 but would love to meet up with you after that.

My vote is:

#3). 9:30pm

We are getting so close now!

c) 9:30 works best for us.

c) 9:30 works best for me as well.

...and also from Chicago!

We vote for the 9:30pm time.

I vote for 9:30.

I vote for 9:30 too! :yay:

On a happy note:

We are in 7110.

Wow, good for you! pixiedust:

Hahaha, Cubbies all the way! I went to H.S. on the same street as Wrigley Field, so skipping afternoon classes to take a bus ride was a regular occurance! :rolleyes1

Most of my friends went to UC, UIC or SIU. I went to University of Chicago for a year then my family moved back in the 80s and I tranferred to Auburn. I have no allegiance to Auburn or her sports teams, :cheer2: so I'm kind of an orphan...

On a happy note:

We are in 7110.

Congratulations on the upgrade.

:cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

I read that the ship can dock in either Philipsburg or Havensight, but it looks like it docks in Havensight more often. We would like to stop in Philipsburg, but not sure what the easiest way to get there if the ship docks in Havensight. Anyone have any experience in getting to Philipsburg from Havensight? Taxi? Rental car? Boat? DCL excursion? Bueller? Bueller? :)

We have only...

dance1-1.gif
dance5.gif

More DAYS until we are on the Disney Magic

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I read that the ship can dock in either Philipsburg or Havensight, but it looks like it docks in Havensight more often. We would like to stop in Philipsburg, but not sure what the easiest way to get there if the ship docks in Havensight. Anyone have any experience in getting to Philipsburg from Havensight? Taxi? Rental car? Boat? DCL excursion? Bueller? Bueller? :)

Search the boards.... I ran across a post that linked to the St. Thomas Port Authority website which shows you each ship that is docking, what day and what port.

As of right now, there will be 3 ships in St. Thomas the day we are there:
Wednesday 10/26/11
Disney Magic WICO, St. Thomas
Eurodam CB, St. Thomas
Freedom of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

WICO is West Indian Company dock, which I believe is also called Havensight. It's a pretty quick cab ride from either dock. Charlotte Amalie (Philipsburg is in St. Maarten, so you would need a water taxi :laughing:) is sort of equidistant from both docks. There are usually a bunch of those open air taxis waiting for the ship and they cost a bit less - they usually have a flat rate. It's also easy to find a ride back to the ship - the taxis congregate a certain points in town. You can walk back to the ship if you like to walk.

Here's a link to a nice map: http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/st/st-thomas-map.shtml

You can also pick up cabs that go to the public beaches like Magens Bay (beautiful! :cloud9:).

Charlotte Amalie is a beautiful little town and the shopping is some of the best in the Caribbean. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you want any specific shopping tips, just let me know (I get a Christmas card from one of the jewelers there ;))

Charlotte Amalie (Philisburg is in St. Maarten, so you would need a water taxi :laughing:))

:rotfl: Thanks! Oops... I've been staring at the island maps so much this past week that my eyes are crossed! Thanks for all the information! I figured we could get a cab, but knew there were some experts here who could probably help in advance! :worship:

Good shopping, you say? I'm there! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter