• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parley....Will That Get Me On The Ship Any Faster part 2

Most of my friends went to UC, UIC or SIU. I went to University of Chicago for a year then my family moved back in the 80s and I tranferred to Auburn. I have no allegiance to Auburn or her sports teams, :cheer2: so I'm kind of an orphan...

On a happy note:
We got our room assignment! Woo Hoo!

We were paid a visit by the pixie dust fairy and were bumped from Cat7 to Cat5.
We are in 7110.
So if you have manually added us to your FE list, put us down for 7110.

:

We are your neighbors...we're in 7070!

And--my daughter went to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (and so did a lot of our money!! :rotfl:).

And...my husband was interested in the stargazing. We have late seating, so the 9:30 pm works best for him as well. :)

We plan on doing the skyride in St Thomas as well. We haven't pre-booked as after a day of fun in the sun on St Maarten...we were having a more laid back/shopping day in St Thomas...

Today I have been busy packing. I have my college daughter coming home next weekend to celebrate her 21st birthday. That means I need to move the suitcases off of her bed and out of her bedroom. Unless we want the livingroom overflowing...I need to get these put together and pretty much done...:scared1:

I'm sensing a trend. I may be able to officially call this election sooner than I thought! I'll give ya plenty more time, though, just in case there are any dissenters among us.

we may pop in too if its 9:30 or so...

Alright. It's official. I'm calling it: 9:30pm it is for the stargazing meet on Wednesday, 10/26. If pushing back the time means more people can join us, then more the merry. Or... "much more better" as I like to say!

Becky, could you do the honor of updating the meets on the first page to reflect this change? Thank you.

Once I hear back from my DCL contact, I hope to get the location of the stargazing meet set, as well. Right now, the first page says Deck 11. Having never been on the Disney Magic, or any DCL ship for that matter, I have no idea if that location will be ideal. As with the time, I believe Deck 11 is just a placeholder... more of a guideline, really. My DCL contact is supposed to be getting input from the crew on the Magic itself as far as where they believe the ideal location for stargazing will be. I'm kind of hoping for the sports deck with the lights turned off. That should accommodate more than enough people and give us good views in most directions, I hope.

That's no excuse! I'm an accountant, too, and I'm also from the Chicago area. I've gone a teensy bit OCD with my pirate costume and will be in full-tilt Jack Sparrow garb for Pirate Night. Should look similar to the first Captain Jack pic posted by mdwoodman. That's why I was asking about guest participation on PN. I was wondering how much I'm going to stand out if I come to dinner dressed like that.

Just be ready to have your picture taken ... with a lot of people!

Hahaha, Cubbies all the way! I went to H.S. on the same street as Wrigley Field, so skipping afternoon classes to take a bus ride was a regular occurance! :rolleyes1

Most of my friends went to UC, UIC or SIU. I went to University of Chicago for a year then my family moved back in the 80s and I tranferred to Auburn. I have no allegiance to Auburn or her sports teams, :cheer2: so I'm kind of an orphan...

On a happy note:
We got our room assignment! Woo Hoo!

We were paid a visit by the pixie dust fairy and were bumped from Cat7 to Cat5.
We are in 7110.
So if you have manually added us to your FE list, put us down for 7110.

Yay!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Go Cubs!

Glad to hear people have gotten pixie dust with their rooms. We will be down under to make sure the ship doesn't get too top heavy.:rotfl2:

Here's the current list of the "cool kids" for brunch in Palo's private dining room:

mdwoodman - Michael & Michele
darly2004 - Daryl & Kevin
scorp111 - Steve & Andrea
Achray - Bill & Patricia
jmjousley - Sharon & Jeff

We need one more couple for me to make the reservation!

Here's the current list of the "cool kids" for brunch in Palo's private dining room:

Achray - Bill & Patricia

We will be the last couple. What do you need?

Achray - Bill & Patricia

Woo hoo! Thank you! What time and day would lunch be at because we will need to book the nursery for the little one. Thanks!

We will be the last couple. What do you need?

I'll need your and darly2004's cruise reservation numbers and last names (I have the rest) via PM.

Woo hoo! Thank you! What time and day would lunch be at because we will need to book the nursery for the little one. Thanks!

Unless there are any objections, I'll shoot for Thursday. I will call DCL today to make sure that it's still available.

:cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter