Parking increase from 4th Oct

wayneg

Going up to $14.
Was reading yesterday Disney profits down 26%, I guess thats one way they can up the profits for doing nothing.:mad:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Parking.htm

NOTE: The following prices go into effect on 10/4/09

$14.00 - Car/Taxi/Shuttle/Limousine/Motorcycle
$15.00 - Camper/Trailer
$18.00 - Bus/Tractor Trailer

At a time when everything is more expensive this is just another dent, albeit a small one, in our wallets.
What gets me is we see little or no improvement at the parks, sorry I still think they could do more. The likes of Tomorrowland are looking in major need of a facelift. *apologies for getting a 'bit carried away'.* :)

Makes the annual pass seem more interesting now.:rolleyes:

Doesn't really bother me too much personally, had AP's for past 2 years and Onsite this past trip.
Next year will be either onsite or at least one of us getting an AP.
AP £325
21 day ticket about £250

$10/day internet bothers me more than parking fees but I know many will be annoyed with parking increase.

I think Disney and the like need to be careful. $14 is excessive and to be honest I think its taking advantage of visitors. Yes, you could argue that people will stiil pay it but I for one will spend less in the park. This just means that as a family we will definitely be shopping at Walmart for food and taking it into the parks. Disney may be seeing takings down by 26% but if they dropped prices more people would come. Increase prices and the opposite happens. I am not a business person but I still watch my money and keep an eye for bargains. Are they reinvesting this money into the parks? As much as I love Disney parts are looking dated.

Their pricing strategy seems to be to maintian/increase prices as normal, but then offer hefty discounts to keep the numbers up. This I guess has two potential advantages:
1) Reducing prices across the board could be construed as weakness and a sign that Disney are struggling.
2) Targetting the discounts at onsite guests who are going to stay for a minimum of 5-7 days (7 for 4 deals, free DDP etc.), thereby maximising the revenue from those guests they attract.
Plus, if things pick up, they can quickly stop offering more discount deals, rather than have to consider raising prices more quickly again.

It is sickening tbh :headache:

We stay offsite and $14 a day is a lot of money :confused3 I remember went it was $7 ;)

I wonder when Disney will bring in parking charges for the water parks? Wet nWild and Aquatica already charge (unless you have an AP).

I think this is terrible, and certainly makes the annual pass look more appealing when you are going for 21 nights or more. I just cannot understand what warrents the $14 to park for a day, i know that they may make repairs etc but it's just ridiculous. :(

Well, they are a business and they do need to make money to keep their employees and shareholders happy. A friend of ours is a Disney imagineer and things aren't very easy at the moment, a lot of things they had planned to do, have been put on hold due to cutbacks.
$2 up on the parking charges, not that big a deal, if you go 14 days that's only $28 extra.
And it might entice more people to stay on property which is good for Disney.

Dont take much for a good old British moan. If you go every day for the 14 days you are there that is an extra $28. Big deal.

Just think of all the moans if they did not charge anything and you had to walk to the entrance of the parks in 90 degrees of heat especially on a very busy day and you were parked well away from the entrance.

For what you pay just think what you get. Security, floodlit car park, security staff constantly patrolling the car parks, a tram to and from the entrance.

No pleasing some people IMHO.

If you dont like it dont go to the parks - simple!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter