Parking at Boardwalk?

sjedelen

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at OKW in December but are members at Boardwalk. Will there be any problems driving to Boardwalk and parking there just to eat at the restaurants? Will there also be a fee? Thanks.:pinkbounc

The new policy of a charging a fee applies only to valet parking and does not even apply to a DVC member parking at WL or BW. Thus, there will be no charge, and you can also park your own car without using valet.

Note as long as you are going to the BW for a BW activity you can park in the main lot. They recently adopted a new policy (with a sign out front) that parking is prohibited for use by those just going to MGM or Epcot; that rule was particularly being enforced in the morning and afternoon as they are stopping people at the gate and asking what they are there for. There is a second lot across the street for BW to which that policy does not apply. It was interesting to see the result. During prior visits the main lot could often get quite full just by noon and the second lot would be almost empty at the same time. Now the opposite occurs, as the main lot retains a lot of open parking spaces and the second lot is almost full in the morning.

You shoudn't have any trouble parking at Boardwalk. We stayed at OKW in June and visited Boardwalk in the evenings. The guard at the gate simply asked us what we were there for. I believe Boardwalk's valet parking is still free for DVC members regardless of where they are staying. There is also self parking available.

Enjoy!

Mary

They recently adopted a new policy (with a sign out front) that parking is prohibited for use by those just going to MGM or Epcot

I am SO happy to hear this. My one big complaint about BW when I was a Guest there was the parking issue. It was so unfair to have to park far from the Resort because Epcot visitors had taken up spaces. After Illuminations the lot was half empty.

facebook twitter