Parking as a DVC member

Mojomanny

Mouseketeer
As a new DVC member....I am wondering about parking.

If we take a rental car, I know we get free parking at the parks, but could we park at Contemporary or GF and take the monorail from there or do we have to be herded into the main lots?

I know any WDW resort guest can park for free, I am particularly interested in DVC members experiences

It is my understanding that they are now checking at the Contempary and maybe the GF when you drive up. If you are not a guest or have priority seating at a resturant, you will not be admitted. Apparently too many people we parking at the hotel to avoid the MK parking lot and the hotel guest were complaining.

I would take the Disney bus system. It is much closer to the gate than the parking lot, and even closer than where the monorail drops off.

Parking at parks and DD and other resorts is the same for DVC members as any other WDW resort guest.

Parking is NOT a special DVC privilege.

We went in to shop and were allowed to park, but you are given a 3 hr pass to put in the window. Same thing when we ate at the BC or the BWV

Please don't park at a resort you're not staying at to visit the parks. Please leave those parking spaces for the people who are actually staying at that resort. If you ever stay at BWV I'm sure you'll appreciate not having people who are trying to avoid the crowds exiting Epcot filling up your parking lot. I know I do.

Originally posted by Mojomanny
As a new DVC member....I am wondering about parking.

I know any WDW resort guest can park for free, I am particularly interested in DVC members experiences

Please don't use car parking at the resorts to gain access to the parks. Many do, and have resulted in some pretty tough attitudes from the security staff.
I guess eventually we'll even get stopped from going to the other resorts ......even for eating or shopping!

Originally posted by Doc

Parking is NOT a special DVC privilege.

Are you sure?

I understood that DVC members currently had the privilege of parking at any DVC Resort. I seem to recall that the DVC Membership card was all you needed to gain access ....or is this something else that has conveniently disappeared?

DVC members can park at any of the resorts to visit that resort, no problem. That is a lot different than parking at a resort just to get to a park easier.
We've been members of DVC since early 1993 and we were never under the understanding that we could park where ever we wanted just to get into the parks. That's what free parking in the park parking lots is for.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
DVC members can park at any of the resorts to visit that resort, no problem. That is a lot different than parking at a resort just to get to a park easier.
We've been members of DVC since early 1993 and we were never under the understanding that we could park where ever we wanted just to get into the parks. That's what free parking in the park parking lots is for.

Sorry Sue, I think we are on the same wavelength. You will see from another post that I was urging people not to abuse the Parking. But I became a bit disturbed when I saw that Doc was suggesting (If I read him correctly) that we (Members) didn't have that privilege. I was also concerned that he appeared to be saying that we didn't have any different privilege to other resort guests and that's where i think he's wrong.

Also, when did the 3hr parking pass start?

I think we are on the same wavelength, too. I'm was just trying to make clear that parling at the resorts to use the resort services, etc. is OK and parking there to go to the parks isn't.
I first read about the 3 hour passes for parking about a year ago (maybe 18 months ago) during busy times when the Contemporary lot got filled up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts