Parking $3 from 6 to 10pm

Actually, it is based on the bandwidth you use. Everything on the internet uses some bandwidth. Even the little moving smilies on here use bandwidth. So do all the pictures people post, etc. Go to espn.com and they automatically play a video for you every time. It all adds up quite quickly :sick: .
I don't know how much stock I would put in ths since these are rumors and have been since the 90s

I have an answer as to why some guest's were charged $5.00 instead of $3.00. From 12/26-12/31, Universal decided to charge $5.00 for parking until 10:00pm.

Starting 01/01, 6-10pm is now $3.00. Universal decided to start charging for parking later to be more in line with local venues that charge no matter what time of day you go. If you go somewhere like waterworks, you have to pay to park in the garage. If you go to downtown orlando, you have to pay to park in one of the garages there. It's only until 10:00pm.

I agree that this will probably deter some of Universal's restaurant goers, but it will not affect the clubers. The clubs open around 9:00pm every night, and most people will likely wait the one hour for free parking.

I wonder about the theater and how it will be affected too though. After all, even parking at Downtown Disney is free isn't it?

I wonder about the theater and how it will be affected too though. After all, even parking at Downtown Disney is free isn't it?
I think the theater will suffer more than anything else since we have so many other theaters here in Orlando. Why pay $3.00 extra to see a movie when you can go somewhere else and see it w/o paying to park? And yes...DD is free parking.

I think the theater will suffer more than anything else since we have so many other theaters here in Orlando. Why pay $3.00 extra to see a movie when you can go somewhere else and see it w/o paying to park? And yes...DD is free parking.

As is parking at Festival Bay and The Loop...and technically at Pointe Orlando as well (the theater there validates). The Uni AMC must be pulling their hair out.

Pointe Orlando needs to charge because otherwise the garage would fill up with convention center traffic. Nobody else on this side of town charges for parking. Downtown is a different animal, goes for a somewhat different crowd (and even then, I don't think anyone but the Mayor expects the new movie theater set to open downtown to succeed, largely because people will have to pay to park). I expect we'll see Uni's policy reversed, or at least enforced only during the busiest times of year.

do you think that the cinema at cw will validate the parking stubs for their patrons?

or if it is a pre pay situation at the garage, give the movie patrons a $3.00 coupon for their next visit to cover parking?

We just noticed this yesterday on our visit to CityWalk. we went during the day so we paid the $12, but saw the new $3 charge. I think in the past US was competing against Pleasure Island which didn't charge for parking at Down Town Disney. Now with all the clubs at Pleasure Island gone, that competition is gone so they now feel that they can charge the $3 and get away with no major financial hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter