Park Hours

I have a quick question about park hours and party hours. We're going to be at disney in December 12th-19th. I see that the Disney Very Merriest after hours party runs 4 days on that week. Will Magic Kingdom close early on those days (before 9pm)? Should I just avoid those days and do another park? Also have we heard how many days during the week will the parks be open late for resort guest?

Thanks

Not traveling until early January, any guesses on park hours then? I've always heard that they are much shorter during that period.

I hate how Disney waits so long to adjust hours. We are expected to plan parks, extras, meals, etc based on hours that will (most likely) change as our dates get closer.

Our trip is Thanksgiving week. There is no hotel / DVC availability. There is very little ADR availability and yet the hours are still the standard "place holders".

There is zero chance MK will close at 9pm on Thanksgiving or Black Friday / Thanksgiving weekend. There is also very little likelihood Epcot will be opening at 11am that week. But, that's what's currently posted.

Everyone got online today to book CA Grill. But it's impossible to truly time your reservation with the fireworks. Will they be at 8pm? 9pm? Two shows??

Should you schedule a later dinner in another park on your AK day because it's closing the earliest? Or will hours be extended?

It's just unnecessary confusion.

At the 60-70 day mark, Disney knows the occupancy levels. They've been doing this forever, so while current staffing issues may play some role, this has always been their MO.

Last edited:

I hate how Disney waits so long to adjust hours. We are expected to plan parks, extras, meals, etc based on hours that will (most likely) change as our dates get closer.

Our trip is Thanksgiving week. There is no hotel / DVC availability. There is very little ADR availability and yet the hours are still the standard "place holders".

There is zero chance MK will close at 9pm on Thanksgiving or Black Friday / Thanksgiving weekend. There is also very little likelihood Epcot will be opening at 11am that week. But, that's what's currently posted.

Everyone got online today to book CA Grill. But it's impossible to truly time your reservation with the fireworks. Will they be at 8pm? 9pm? Two shows??

Should you schedule a later dinner in another park on your AK day because it's closing the earliest? Or will hours be extended?

It's just unnecessary confusion.

At the 60-70 day mark, Disney knows the occupancy levels. They've been doing this forever, so while current staffing issues may play some role, this has always been their MO.
Your thread has been merged with the Park Hours thread as people post updated hours here.

I realized this is an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one with the same theme.

Has there been any word whether closing time hours for AK will be updated for for June into July?

Pinging @beesly - do you know if they still follow this schedule? We're going on 8/3, which currently has MK with a 10pm close. MK has closings of 11 pm through Saturday, July 30. I feel like they still update a week at a time, but curious if there is still the same pattern as before.

Exactly one week ago (Friday) Disney extended park hours for the last week of July. Today, they didn’t follow suit for the first week of August. I wonder if that means it isn’t going to happen . . .

Exactly one week ago (Friday) Disney extended park hours for the last week of July. Today, they didn’t follow suit for the first week of August. I wonder if that means it isn’t going to happen . . .
I would encourage you to keep watching. Extending park hours does not seem to be on a regular schedule. Hopefully it will still happen for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter