Park Hours

We are going in mid-late July. Disney just updated the hours for our week. And I'm pretty sure they just reduced them. Some of the parks are now listed as opening an hour later, or closing an hour earlier, than they were the last time I checked. AK now closing at 6:00. MK now opening at 9:00. Etc.

Am I remembering wrong?
The only ones reduced from the week before are Epcot from a 10 pm closing to a 9 pm closing. The rest are the same.

We are going in mid-late July. Disney just updated the hours for our week. And I'm pretty sure they just reduced them. Some of the parks are now listed as opening an hour later, or closing an hour earlier, than they were the last time I checked. AK now closing at 6:00. MK now opening at 9:00. Etc.

Am I remembering wrong?

I just saw the updated park hours over on Twitter. We are also going mid/late July. I'm surprised about EPCOT closing at 9 since F&W begins July 15.

I wouldn't be too concerned with hours reductions 2 months out. They'll likely re-extend them later.

Also reduction vs extension of hours is related to smaller vs larger projected crowds. I know some prefer long hours in the parks, but judging by some comments in the here now just back thread, some would also prefer lower crowds more.

maybe they’re trying to hold back dining and hopefully fast passes. If they extend hours, then they can release extra dining.

It looks like Epcot hours are not going to change to 9 am in June. If I wait for it to change it would be too late to change HS to Epcot on checkout day (which is what we have right now) and the first 4 days of our trip are completely sold out (all 4 parks). I was hoping that we could change our second full HS day (6/10) to Epcot (no longer an option).

Our outbound flight moved again to 30 minutes earlier (moved a full hour earlier) so now we only have 10 am - 1:15 pm (45 min for travel+bell services) if I change to Epcot. Not sure if we can get much done.

Last edited:
Start my trip on Saturday and just wanted to double check if they're still letting people in an hour or so early before the announced opening time. Thanks!

WOAH....glad I saw this. So you can enter AND get on rides 45 mintues prior or do they just hold you on Main Street? We will be there Sunday.
Some rides open early, others do not. Check out the Everything Rope Drop thread for the most up to date information on that.

Many of the headliners will be open, so definitely advantageous to be there when they open the doors.

WOAH....glad I saw this. So you can enter AND get on rides 45 mintues prior or do they just hold you on Main Street? We will be there Sunday.

Just got back from a day at each park. They all opened an hour to 40 minutes ahead of time.

At animal kingdom we did both Pandora rides before the park “opened”.

Fingers crossed for an hours extension for the end of June! Was really hoping they'd bring back later closings so it's easier to take breaks from the heat!

Does FutureWorld still close at 7:00 or can you ride FutureWorld rides after 7:00?

I'm looking at the park hours and it looks like HS closes at 8pm except for on the 19th, it closes at 7. Just curious, does anyone know if there's something going on that night? It is Juneteenth and the day before Father's Day but not sure if that has anything to do with closing early.

I'm looking at the park hours and it looks like HS closes at 8pm except for on the 19th, it closes at 7. Just curious, does anyone know if there's something going on that night? It is Juneteenth and the day before Father's Day but not sure if that has anything to do with closing early.

I would like to know that too, I have HS reserved that day, and with the reduced hours, I'm hoping it's an error.

There is an odd closing that same week at animal kingdom. Tuesday 6/22, it closes at 5! It has been consistently closing later than that. Wonder if there is something going on in the evening those few days at the parks?

I realize why it is this way, but does anyone think that Epcot hours will be switched back to a 9am opening by October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!