Park Hours

So, we are only “extended” right now until 6/19, correct? When do you suppose we will see another extension?

So, we are only “extended” right now until 6/19, correct? When do you suppose we will see another extension?

Hours have now been posted through 7/3, and through 6/25 they are longer than what we previously would have seen for initial/tentative operating hours but slightly shorter than the extended hours we saw over spring break and currently see through this Saturday. On Sunday, 4/25, Epcot will move to a 10pm close (from 11pm). The following Sunday, 5/2, shows Animal Kingdom moving to a 7pm close (from 8pm). The next week, 5/9, Epcot moves to a 9pm close. They could always end up extending these again as we get closer - especially if there are any changes to capacity limits. I plan to keep watching to see what happens - but, now that they've switched things up on us, it's more difficult to make predictions about what changes might happen and when.

Last edited:
Hours have now been posted through 7/3, and through 6/25 they are longer than what we previously would have seen for initial/tentative operating hours but slightly shorter than the extended hours we saw over spring break and currently see through this Saturday. On Sunday, 4/25, Epcot will move to a 10pm close (from 11pm). The following Sunday, 5/2, shows Animal Kingdom moving to a 7pm close (from 8pm). The next week, 5/9, Epcot moves to a 9pm close. They could always end up extending these again as we get closer - especially if there are any changes to capacity limits. I plan to keep watching to see what happens - but, now that they've switched things up on us, it's more difficult to make predictions about what changes might happen and when.
Thank you! We arrive on 6/20 so I’m hoping for another extension of hours for then!

I recall it was common for Epcot to close at 9 (actually Illuminations was at 9 and the park closed right after.) I don't' recall them being open until 10 but I guess with the advent of many more popular attractions (like Soarin' and Frozen Ever After) that had changed pre-pandemic.

Similar to AK; it ALWAYS closed "early" but I know at least after the Avatar section with its lighting effects, staying open late became the norm. It's not dark until well after 7 in summer!

It's the Studios I'm hoping for. Tat's REAL early given Stars Wars section and the Toy Story section. With us staying at the Dolphin (July) it's real easy for some of us to hop over there in the evening.

If the park hours stay as is, we'll not have much to do after dinner. MK obviously but that's a trek to get over there from the Epcot area.

However, I do expect (OK, hope!) it will change especially around the 4th of July holiday (when our trip is scheduled)

I recall it was common for Epcot to close at 9 (actually Illuminations was at 9 and the park closed right after.) I don't' recall them being open until 10 but I guess with the advent of many more popular attractions (like Soarin' and Frozen Ever After) that had changed pre-pandemic.

Similar to AK; it ALWAYS closed "early" but I know at least after the Avatar section with its lighting effects, staying open late became the norm. It's not dark until well after 7 in summer!

It's the Studios I'm hoping for. Tat's REAL early given Stars Wars section and the Toy Story section. With us staying at the Dolphin (July) it's real easy for some of us to hop over there in the evening.

If the park hours stay as is, we'll not have much to do after dinner. MK obviously but that's a trek to get over there from the Epcot area.

However, I do expect (OK, hope!) it will change especially around the 4th of July holiday (when our trip is scheduled)
Disney has so much data now - park reservations (including unsuccessful attempts to book a given park), dated tickets, resort reservations - that they can and do wait until the last minute to extend hours based on all of the above. Plays havoc with planning, doesn’t it?!

Operating hours were posted today for the week of 7/11. I didn’t see a change to any existing hours but didn’t do a day-by-day scrub, either - I just looked through the Sunday hours. First post updated.

Disappointing - still no indication of fireworks at all (not even July 4)

And the Studios closing still at 7 despite the popularity of Start Wars.

I realize it could change still and hope for the best.

But we may have to revise our plans yet again. We may need to do HS on 2 days and hop to Epcot since it will be open later.

I would think HS would close at 8 or later in the summer because of the way the park passes are selling out. The capacity seems to have increased as well.

Given that Epcot passes are still available, I would think a lot of people are planning to park hop, so as long as you plan for the long waits for rides in the evenings you should be ok.

We are more interested in the flower and garden booths (and maybe a ride or two) so we will be going to Epcot on Checkin and checkout days only (decided against park hopping due to expected crowds).

Disappointing - still no indication of fireworks at all (not even July 4)

And the Studios closing still at 7 despite the popularity of Start Wars.

I realize it could change still and hope for the best.

But we may have to revise our plans yet again. We may need to do HS on 2 days and hop to Epcot since it will be open later.

Yeah that's the one thing I don't really get.... HS should be 8AM to 10PM or 11 PM. We talked with groups that failed to get either a 7AM or 1PM Boarding Pass.

We had no issue - and it does make it nice in the evenings around closing when no on is in the area... almost seems like Rise stops boarding long before the park closes.

Yeah - the 11AM opening is a head scratcher too; it made us decide Epcot is to be a "hopped park" rather than waste a morning.

I'm sure the analytics support it though.

I’m hoping with all the hiring and park capacity increases that Epcot will open at 9, but I haven’t given up my HS park reservations on checkout day just yet (our flights keep getting moved earlier).

Guests are allowed in around 10 am with an 11 am opening.

-edited and removed COVID comments-

Last edited:
We are going in mid-late July. Disney just updated the hours for our week. And I'm pretty sure they just reduced them. Some of the parks are now listed as opening an hour later, or closing an hour earlier, than they were the last time I checked. AK now closing at 6:00. MK now opening at 9:00. Etc.

Am I remembering wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter