Park Hopping to Magic Kingdom

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Just asking if this will work. On my arrival day there are no reservations for MK. I made a reservation at Epcot, as I will be staying at Beach Club. Since I will be arriving after 2pm(on a Thursday) can I scan into Epcot,walk through to the monorail and then go to MK? TIA

Just asking if this will work. On my arrival day there are no reservations for MK. I made a reservation at Epcot, as I will be staying at Beach Club. Since I will be arriving after 2pm(on a Thursday) can I scan into Epcot,walk through to the monorail and then go to MK? TIA
Absolutely, that should work - assuming you have a park hopping ticket!! We did this exact thing one of our days earlier this month.

If you don't feel like walking through Epcot to the monorail (maybe it's 100 degrees out or pouring rain or you just don't want to burn the energy) - I would think that you could enter Epcot, then turn around and leave Epcot, go back to the Beach Club, and get on the bus to MK.

If you have an AP can't you get into any park after without a reservation now?
Not exactly. If I understand correctly, beginning April 18, AP holders can 'park hop' to any park after 2PM (even without a park reservation or having entered another park) - but not MK on weekends. Again, if I understand correctly. It's not just that APs can enter any park anytime again - yet.

You could do exactly as you say. However unless you have a reason to go to EPCOT it will be far faster and a lot less walking to take the bus. I did this once the first time I stayed at BW many years back.... Never again.

I think the potential reason to enter EPCOT is the proposed park reservation strategy of going to EPCOT first and then park hopping from there. And with no MK park reservations available to OP, this was proposed.

I think the potential reason to enter EPCOT is the proposed park reservation strategy of going to EPCOT first and then park hopping from there. And with no MK park reservations available to OP, this was proposed.
What many (And I also) would encourage is to yes, enter Epcot through International Gateway by Beach Club/Boardwalk and then UTurn and go back to Beach club and get on a Bus to MK. This plan satisfies the scan requirement assuring no issues at MK.

That is a LONG walk to the monorail from Beach club. You'll have to first get on the Epcot monorail then transfer to the Express monorail at TTC. This whole process will take far longer than simply Entering and scanning into Epcot and then leaving immediately and going back to beach club and taking the bus. The busses drop off right at the front of MK and help you to avoid all the transfer madness on the Monorails.

Hope this explanation helps.

Edit to Add: Bus AC is far more reliable and often ICE COLD compared to the (often absent) Monorail AC on a hot day.

If you have an AP can't you get into any park after without a reservation now?

That doesn't begin until April 18th...but after that, yes, you can enter any park, except MK on the weekends, without a park reservation. AFTER TWO!! LOL

Last edited:
What many (And I also) would encourage is to yes, enter Epcot through International Gateway by Beach Club/Boardwalk and then UTurn and go back to Beach club and get on a Bus to MK. This plan satisfies the scan requirement assuring no issues at MK.

That is a LONG walk to the monorail from Beach club. You'll have to first get on the Epcot monorail then transfer to the Express monorail at TTC.

Another potential drawback to transferring to the MK Express is that it's often down or has been in our past experience. Which means you've a further trek down the TTC ramp from the station, over to the Resort Loop one and up it with possibly a 20 minute wait for the next train. Then, you've stops at the Poly and GF before getting to MK.

Definitely u-turn after tapping in at the International Gateway and take the BC bus to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter