Park Entertainment Cuts Have Been Confirmed

As I've said in the past Muppets doesn't have enough of a following anymore. Disney also plans to replace the Muppets section in Hollywood Studios with Monsters Inc as well.

I'm really disappointed to hear they are canceling the Muppets show. I only caught a bit of it on my last trip and told myself I'd get to see it next time I was down. It seems a bit odd to make these cuts when you have raised prices and are struggling to get as many visitors as you had hoped.

The Muppets are real! :eek:

But yes, it’s real people. I mean, there’s some animateonic at Muppets 3D over at Hollywood but not the MK show. If you hang out inside the ticketing office you’ll notice people in black going up and down the stairs.
Didn't know that, thanks!

So sad to see Disney cut the positions that make WDW unique. It's those special things, like the actors around HS, DiVine, the animation classes, etc, that make the repeat visitors keep coming IMO. They're nickel and dime-ing the stuff that makes Disney awesome.

As I've said in the past Muppets doesn't have enough of a following anymore. Disney also plans to replace the Muppets section in Hollywood Studios with Monsters Inc as well.
I really hope that is not true! I love the Muppets.
And "not enough of a following"? I think I have to disagree. I often have Fozzie Bear as a backpack with me when visiting the parks and there are hardly 10 minutes without someone mention him - "Wocka Wocka", "I love your backpack", "Oh look, it's Fozzie Bear", "Can we took a picture with Fozzie" and so one - and this includes visitors of all ages as well as castmembers.

Very sad about this. I was looking forward to seeing Great Moments in History in November!

So sad to see Disney cut the positions that make WDW unique. It's those special things, like the actors around HS, DiVine, the animation classes, etc, that make the repeat visitors keep coming IMO.

It is a shame that some of my favorite live entertainment has been chiseled away through the years. The rock band at HS... several streetmosphere performers... the dude who played the electric harp at AK... the Sword in the Stone street show with Merlin at MK... etc. There have been some replacements in some but all cases, but most not been as good as the acts they replaced

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter