Park Capacity

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

Have parks closing due to capacity been an issue recently? We'd like to squeeze in Universal soon (just moved to Florida) but due to a tight schedule, it may be a day trip...so we won't have the guarantee that comes from staying on site. I want to know how worried we would have to be about being shut out? (we're going to get annual passes, so 1...we have more time in our future and 2...we aren't 'wasting a day' by not having a full trip or even a full day, but it would not be good to drive the 105 minutes only to find out we can't get in.

We'd be looking at a Saturday or Sunday in the next 6 weeks....if I can find a free weekend, we'll spend Saturday night on-site, but I'm not sure that I can make that happen yet.

Thanks...
Jess

No closures when we were there10/6-10/11. Parks were definitely super busy Saturday through Monday, but no capacity issues.

No closures when we were there10/6-10/11. Parks were definitely super busy Saturday through Monday, but no capacity issues.

Thank you...that is good to know. We actually changed plans around a bit and were able to grab a couple nights at Sapphire Falls at the beginning of our kids' Thanksgiving break (Nov 22-24), so it won't be an issue for that trip. It is still reassuring to hear because I'm sure there will be day trips in our future.

I do wonder if they even have a lowered capacity anymore - I would not be surprised if they were allowing 100% or will be for the holiday season

EDIT: Actually I see an article form June that says they were back to 100% - I missed that completely

Yeah, based solely on seeing Magic Kingdom's crowd on the first day of the 50th Anniversary, I would guess all Orlando parks are back to allowing full capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter