Paris Tour From DLP Hotel

Tbone17701

Disney Dreamer
Hi all! We’re potential first time DLP visitors summer 2022 for our DD’s graduation trip, so I may pop up occasionally with questions. We’re currently looking at DLP with a day touring Paris before heading to Barcelona or Rome to catch a Med cruise (still waiting on DCL to release their itineraries for comparison). In a perfect world, we’d take a guided Paris day tour covering the highlights from our DLP hotel during our stay. Does anyone have any experience with a vendor there or suggestions for this type of touring? Thanks much!

I take it that you are flying from U.S.A. & that you will have 2 FULL days in Paris

( PLUS 1 day for arrival & Plus Departure Day for return Back to Airport for Cruise. )

I would FORGET going to Disney ( you have ones in U.S.A. )

1st Full day Spend a day on the Hop on Hop Off bus tour in Paris ......... go and enjoy The Eiffel Tower & ambiance .[of the Gardens

2nd Day take a trip to Versailles & enjoy this great palace & gardens.

There are tours that leave from DLP including evening ones though I've never done one.

It you're short on time this is the best way to do it. You can also get into the train Paris and just walk around. This is what we tend to do if we opt to visit Paris. We like a loop around Notre Dame and Shakespeare and Sons.

Also I disagree with the above poster - Disney is definitely worth doing if you're the type of person signed up to a Disney board. Phantom Manor and the steampunk theming of Discoveryland alone makes it worth it in my opinion.

There are plenty of reasons to visit a Disney park abroad. All 6 are different all with positives and negatives.

I have seen those tours and I personally wouldnt do it because of the price. Also because it takes away your freedom to linger. Yes, you see snapshots of the highlights and it is convenient, but I prefer to take my time when I want to.

I agree the tours from DLP are expensive, and the train is a better option with a Mobilis ticket for the day. Work out the attractions you want to see then get a map from the SNCF site and plan your route. All of the major attractions are walking distance of each other, use the metro when feet are tired. We take a Bateau Mouche river trip most times we visit Paris. And a walk on the Champs Elysees is a must, from Etoile station to Chatalet station.

Paris is definitely worth a day's visit with a little planning.

Disneyland Paris main type of guests are Europeans who specifically come to Disneyland Paris for the Park experience. Most Europeans would not visit Paris and Disneyland Paris in the same trip. If we want to visit Paris, it would be on a separate, specific trip.

Therefore Disneyland Paris has very limited and very expensive tours to Paris city from the parks. Its just not something that their main guest base have an interest in.

Generally Europeans prefer to DIY a day trip to Paris as using public transport is something that is automatic and normal and something they do in their day to day lives.

Thanks to all for the replies. Yes, we are coming from the U.S. and DLP is a must do for us. Having never been to Paris, I'm hesitant to do the independent touring thing, but it sounds like we may have to give it some serious consideration. The above suggestions will help with getting started on research, so again, many thanks!

Thanks to all for the replies. Yes, we are coming from the U.S. and DLP is a must do for us. Having never been to Paris, I'm hesitant to do the independent touring thing, but it sounds like we may have to give it some serious consideration. The above suggestions will help with getting started on research, so again, many thanks!
If your worried about the public transport, get lots of charge on your phone and use the Citi mapper app. It really helps you use public transport around Paris with ease. Go to the area you want to go and explore! Personally one day is not enough as the cemeteries are a day out on there own.

We did a week in Paris about five years ago, and we just got Metro passes and looked around on our own and it worked out fine. We stayed in the city and went out to DLR two days, spent two days wandering in Paris and one day going out to Versailles.
I’m hoping to go back soon, and if I do I’m really considering staying at DLR, spending three days at the parks and going into Paris two days to see a few things we missed or didn’t spend much time at.

Your time is Short

Look up Unique Paris Tours ( Based Near The Arc De Triomphe )

Again Enjoy Paris after a long journey & relax at a city hotel

Not sure if you know this, DLP is not in Paris - DLP is in the Marne la Vallee.. which is about a hour by car outside of Paris...not sure by train how long...

I would say depending on how long your plans are to stay at DLP before moving on, would determine if spending a day in Paris is even a option...

DH and I spent 5 nights in Paris, We were out early and stayed out late nightly... and still only barely scratched the surface... 3 nights at DLP, and it took us 2 full days and a half day to really get to see the parks, and enjoy them..

I will say that Paris is our favorite city in the World... we love it 😍 ... there is soooo much to see, experience, and take in... Just walking the street of Paris takes you... moves you... just transports you into history... It is truly the most amazing city...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ris-and-dlp-adventure-completed-7-10.3681409/

If I did this right here is a link to my trip report...

We are planning on heading back to Paris next year, somewhere between late April and mid May... I am going to start a new thread shortly...I have been planning...

Most Europeans would not visit Paris and Disneyland Paris in the same trip. If we want to visit Paris, it would be on a separate, specific trip.

Are you speaking for yourself there, or Europeans in general? I feel like you're speaking for yourself. I've done both on the same 10 day trip.

Having never been to Paris, I'm hesitant to do the independent touring thing, but it sounds like we may have to give it some serious consideration.

There's a train about 2 minute walk from the Disneyland Paris gates that will get you to central Paris in about 30-40 minutes. From there, you can take one of many tours, including a river tour. You should always book in advance though. As others have said, objectively, starting a guided tour at your DLP hotel will be much more expensive than starting your guided tour in central Paris.

We visited DLP about 5 years ago and loved it. The park is beautiful & the castle is breathtaking. We have been lifelong WDW visitors but found so much there that was new or unique to enjoy. We stayed on-site at Disney’s Sequoia Lodge resort, which was very convenient.

Confession: we were in London for a business trip and only traveled away from there bc of DLP. Paris itself wasn’t our focus. However, it seemed silly (and to my husband even embarrassing; I’ll concede many/most would agree) to travel all that way and not see the real Paris.

I know it’s just one person’s account but honestly we regret our decision to navigate Paris by ourselves. I had been to Paris once before & studied French in college (I brushed up on it to prepare for the trip, which was a good idea) but that was long ago. We easily took the train from Marne la Vallee into Paris, but had difficulty using the Metro system whilst in Paris. We have loved using other public transit train systems (such as in London or Washington DC) but for us we found Paris alone using that mode of transit (or simply on foot) tough. We had booked an Eiffel Tour tour & a boat trip on the Seine in advance, but honestly we ended up doing neither. We saw very little of what we had planned & ended up cutting our losses and just leaving a few hours early, choosing to have ice cream on Main Street as our antidote. I wished we had taken the tour offered by DLP after that. However, I agree it can be frustrating to be on a group tour where flexibility & time to linger or divert may not be possible (which is much of why we hadn’t chosen that route). I also think the suggestion of a quality private tour while in Paris offered above is an excellent one. (I would have probably done that if I knew of such an option.)

I also would recommend that when you do venture into Paris, if it’s just a day trip, I’d go early and make the day as long as possible. We felt rushed bc we didn’t get there until about noon. That was an extremely foolish mistake. Paris is not a city to be rushing around in, of course.

Last edited:
The hop on hop off bus in Paris or any European city is easy to use even for someone who is not familiar with the city. It will take you to all the major sites. i Have been to France many times and have never gone to Disneyland Paris. We have not been that interested. Personally if going to Paris and France for the first time and maybe never coming back, I would spend most of my time in Paris and the surrounding area. It’s an easy train ride to Versailles and along the way you could stop in Chartres to see the beautiful cathedral and rose window,

The metro in Paris is incredibly easy to use. Any neighborhood is worth walking around. My fsvorite Spots are the Rodin museum and garden, the Tulleries, Montmatre, lunch in the ridiculously expensive but enthralling view at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, a nighttime cruise on the seine, the Pere lachaise cemetery with its incredible monuments and feral cats, sitting in cafes drinking wine and watching the parisians going by, But enjoy whatever you decide. It’s a wonderful country And city

And don’t believe all you hear about the French being rude. Yes they can be but usually only if you are the epitome of the ugly American. Just try to learn a few France words, laugh at yourself when you mess up, smile a lot and don’t talk louder as if that will help them understand you better. Also try to avoid tourist trap restaurants with the ever popular English menus with pictures. Go to small local restaurants, learn enough French words to order from a French menu, remember that Coke costs more than wine And don’t try to eat before 8 pm. When most of the local Restaurants open.

finally Be sure to get A Rick Steves guide to Paris.

I know quite a lot of people who have done day trips into Paris from DLP (and vice versa).

If you're not an explore on your own type of person I would suggest booking a tour guide who would meet you at the station in Paris. There are a few central stations on the line but the Gare Du Lyon is always a good bet. There will be someone friendly at DLP station to help get you on the right train in (there are trains to Paris or to the airport, so not a huge amount of room for confusion anyway) and the guide can help you with the journey back. DLP (Marne-la-Vallée—Chessy) is end of the line and so you can relax fully on the way back. The money you save from not doing the hotel tour will probably pay for a more personalised experience as the cost of the journey is low. Thirty mins on the train is preferable to me than an hour on a coach.

ETA here's a lovely website which shows how easy the train is. Taking the Train from Paris to Disneyland Paris - Mouse Hacking

Last edited:
Oh, and maybe try a past cruise thread for one of the magic cruises that goes round from Barcelona to Dover. I'm sure some people on those cruises will have done Paris in a day from Le Havre or similar. They might have recommendations for tour companies.

We like to spend a few nights in Paris and then move out to DLP (or vice versa) for the remainder of our vacation. I agree, using the train to/from DLP and the metro in Paris is easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts