Paris anyone?

Paris in December is beautifully decorated and New Years Eve under the Eiffel Tower is something you will never forget. That said, it is cold and there is a lot of outdoor walking from metro or bus even if you're only doing indoor attractions. Personally, our favorite time to go is the end of March. They seem to raise plane tix the 1st of April (poisson d'avril!!!!! yummmm, chocolate!) so if you go just before that you'll score a deal. Personal hotel pick: hotel de la bourdonnais, 5 minutes north east of the Eiffel Tower. FWIW, One of my friends who lived in Paris told me that strollers are more easily accomodated on busses and that's what Parisians with small children take. Bonne chance et bon voyage!!!!

We went to Paris the week of Thanksgiving in 2005. The temps were cold, never above 45 degrees F the whole week. The best thing was no lines at any of the tourist spots which was great. We took our son with us, he was 9 years old at the time. He loved the museums and monuments. We did venture out to DLP the last 3 days. It was very cold touring the parks, but again low crowds. We actually got snow the last day. It was a fantastic trip and I would go again in winter if I got a great airfare deal. We paid less than $500 r/t per person. I got the book, Paris for Dummies and I found it to be very concise and easy to read. Have a great trip.

DH and I went to Paris for our honeymoon December 07. We were there 12/20-12/27. As far as weather goes, it was cold (but we're from FL so 40 is bitterly cold to us! ;) ) and it rained a bit (more of a drizzle-- definitely not what we're used to with FL downpours). We aren't used to dressing for cold weather, but the weather wasn't much of a bother for us. We had a great time! We stayed in a small hotel in the Passy area which is a residential area. I loved it as I spent several years in Europe growing up and miss it!

Someone asked about Disneyland Paris... we went for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Since we were married at WDW we were on a rather tight budget so we stayed at our hotel in Paris and took the train to DLP both mornings. Aside from me losing our point and shoot camera on Space Mountain (argh... our 1st ride of the day, but we had our Nikon D-SLR so we still got great pictures), we had a fantastic time! It did get dark early and it was quite cold, but we did everything we wanted to do. We were even able to get a seat at a table service restaurant on both Christmas Eve and Day.

I say if the "off season" is the only time you can afford to go, GO! I've been to Paris in July and December and I much prefer the cold of December to July.

How many days do you need for DL Paris? Is it pretty similar to the magic kingdom? Are their different attractions? I know the dis unplugged talked about it this week but I have not listened to the podcast yet.

I would love to see pics if anyone has them!

Oh you guys are making me want to go back to Paris!:love: What to do, what to do? I guess I'll keep watching airfare. Jenn

We traveled to Paris last February and LOVED it! We had our winter gear with us (since we traveled from NYC) although we ended up buying gloves for the kids. Everything was do-able and we walked from one side of Paris to the other. The weather was sunny yet cool but with so many churches, museums, and cafes to duck into we rarely felt the absolute cold. The only thing that was unbearable was waiting for the line to go up the Tower which we opted to skip. We even took 2 days to visit DLP. It was odd being in a Disney park in winter garb, but Fantasyland there knows no equal! Enjoy!

How many days do you need for DL Paris? Is it pretty similar to the magic kingdom? Are their different attractions? I know the dis unplugged talked about it this week but I have not listened to the podcast yet.

I would love to see pics if anyone has them!

You could probably see most everything in 2 days if the crowds are low. There are two parks, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. There is also the Disney Village which is similar to Downtown Disney with restaurants and shops. The nice thing about DLP is the two parks and the village are within walking distance of each other, the set-up is much like the Universal parks and City Walk in Orlando. There are several onsite hotels if you want to do that. We stayed at the Holiday Inn there and it was a 3 min bus ride from the parks. If you prefer to just take a day trip from Paris, the train goes right to the entrance practically, very easy.

DH and I just went this past April. 18th-27th The weather was awful--cold, cloudy, rain-yuck! I'm a FL gal. I NEED sunshine.

But, it is Paris. You can't really go wrong.

Prices were pretty reasonable in April.

We took the train to DL and had a very nice day. I think 1 day is really all you need there. I mean there is so much to see in Paris I wouldn't spend more than that at DL anyway.

We had dinner on the Eiffel Tower one night. I HIGHLY recommend that. Never had better wine in my life.

Check out Parisvision for tours.

I planned it all myself. It's really easy. Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter