Parc Asterix

Kate_45

Mouseketeer
Feel free to delete this if it's too off topic. I have rebooked my eurotunnel today as the voucher from a trip last may was running out. I went for August, to see what France is looking like then. DLP is looking pretty pricey though and so I was thinking of maybe a visit to Parc Asterix instead. Has anyone been? How does it compare to DLP and to UK places like Alton towers and Chessington? Are the hotels worth it?

Both kids (and their dad) enjoy reading Asterix books and so I think it would be a hit and the money we save can go towards the increased flight costs when America opens up again.

I have never been there. But I do hear good stories about it. The youtube channel Themepark Worldwide has been there several times. You can get a good impression on the parks and the rides in these videos.

It is about 15 years since our family went to Parc Asterix and it was very good

Now I would say it is even better & there are hotels nearby.

Go for it .

Also have look at La Mer de Sable at Ermenonville another theme park not far from Parc Asterix

Have you looked at The Netherlands with De Efteling & Toverland

European coaster kings on Instagram have lots of posts and recently stayed in one of the hotels. The themeing looked brilliant. We haven't been yet but it's on our list !

Is your shuttle booked to Paris or just to Calais?
What age are your kids ?

We love walibi park in Belgium.

Thanks both.

Haven't thought about Netherlands this time. I know the whole area will probably just open up, but right now the idea of crossing multiple borders with possibly of additional tests etc is just unnecessary faff.

The Eurotunnel is the car one that goes from Dover to Calais only. We'll probably set ourselves up somewhere nearish Paris and get the train in to do some exploring on one or two of the days. The kids are primary school aged but pretty good at museums, galleries, churches and general old stuff.
I'm looking forward to big old bowl of moules et frites.

I'll look up that Instagram.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter