Paradise Pier Superthread

We're staying at the PPH over Thanksgiving. Other than the lower cost, we picked PPH because I liked the guarantee of an extra day bed or sofabed. Disneyland Hotel had that option but can't guarantee it.

Would it be possible for PPH guests to reserve a cabana at the Disneyland Hotel pool?

Update: We've switched to the DLH.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I guess we'll see what the store has and if there's not enough we'll do an Amazon Prime order. Is there a Starbucks in Downtown Disney? That might work too.

Thanks guys! I guess we'll see what the store has and if there's not enough we'll do an Amazon Prime order. Is there a Starbucks in Downtown Disney? That might work too.
Yes, there are two Starbucks. One is at the beginning of DtD near DLH and one is at the closer to Harbor Blvd entrance on the opposite end.

My family did club level at the PPH about a month ago and were less than impressed. In the past we found the food and beverage selection and quality to be much better, but then again we were quite impressed with the GCH club level a month or so before that (especially as compared to previous visits). I think Disney has tried to separate the experiences more and more, unfortunately by "dumbing down" the PPH club lounge as well as improving the GCH one.

I booked our first ever stay at PP! We are staying theme park view club level first week in February to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary❤️ This will be our 4th trip to DLR, first 3 times stayed at DGC. I have been reading through past posts and am excited to follow along this thread.

Arriving in less than two weeks. This board has been quiet since October 2019. Any recent reviews or comments?

We stay at PPH often, it’s actually my favorite on site hotel—if you get a park view room. Love seeing the park at night and first thing in the morning, and the hotel has my favorite character breakfast. The only negative is the pool area, IMO, but I don’t go to Disney to hang out at the pool.

Just got home from a stay at PPH. The electronic elevator pad helps to get elevator access better than the old system. It is still a bit of a wait. The hotel was comfortable and I like the short cut through GCA on the way back to the hotel. It gets you out of busy DTD and it is so peaceful. We were lucky to get the Monorail out 3x so that is a nice short walk.

I do think that it is time to retheme the hotel to Pixar. The Paradise Pier theme is long gone and the rooms need updating.

People who worked there were very friendly and helpful. Still fun to stay in the Magic

Staying here again in October and it has been about ten years since we have stayed here. I am very excited.

We stay at PPH often, it’s actually my favorite on site hotel—if you get a park view room. Love seeing the park at night and first thing in the morning, and the hotel has my favorite character breakfast. The only negative is the pool area, IMO, but I don’t go to Disney to hang out at the pool.

Is the pool area no good? We love to use a pool on our trips.

Is the pool area no good? We love to use a pool on our trips.

it’s pretty meh... it’s technically rooftop... but not of the highest roof, so some rooms do look down into the pool area. It’s just a big rectangle, there is a slide over to one side, it does not dump into the pool. I found that there was not enough seating and too many people when we have tried to swim there, and nowhere to really escape, unlike the DLH pool which has coves and other areas... too hard to do much with a rooftop.

I've had the opposite experience--the DLH pools are nice to look at, but miserable for actually using. The PPH pool deck is fairly spacious with plenty of chairs and loungers, a really neat (and underutilized) bar area adjacent, and the slides (per my daughters) much more re-ridable than the monorail ones at the DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts