Parade Viewing Areas and Pre-parade activities?

mousermerf

DIS Veteran
I have a simple question I was hoping folks on the disAbilities board could help me with:

When it comes to the disability parade viewing areas, does Disney do the pre-parade activities involving these areas or are they excluded from the games, hula-hooping, etc...?

Very curious as to answer and how it is handled from past experience. Thanks in advance!

Because there is a rope separating the viewing areas from the street and the guests with disabilities are pretty tight across the viewing area, it is not possible to engage the guests in the viewing areas for things like hula hooping.
For the actual parades where characters or dancers engage members of the audience, they do include guests in the viewing areas. My DD has been waved to, had characters come right up to her, etc.

BUT, if you want to be included, my DD was chosen from the sidelines during one of the interactive parades on more than one occasion. This was not the big afternoon parade, but a bit more informal parade (can’t remember the name right now). It was a very interactive parade where they stopped in places to dance with guests. My DD was taken (with her and our permission) and a CM pushed her around in a Conga line while we were watching just at the edge of the street.

In MK Iparked my ECV outside Pecos Bills exit to the very right of the ramp and we ate lunch while waiting for the Celebrate Today parade to start. Was perfect cause we were out of the way but right in front to see. For the Move It Shake It Celebrate It street party e we rightoutside the emporium on mainstreet. DD16 had her birthday pin, a tiara and princess sash and lots of the dancers came up to her and wished her happy birthday or high fived her.

Edit: Oops, didn't catch the part about the disabled viewing areas. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter