Parade floats

candydog

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've always wondered how the parade floats at DL are driven. Some are too small to have a driver's compartment and there isn't a driver visible on board the float. Are they computer driven?

Yes they are computer driven they have lilltle pucks (sensors) buried under the road and they pick them up to queue the driving and audio of that float. I saw this on one of the specials it was really neat.

And Welcome to the DIS

The WDW ones might be computer driven, but DL's all have drivers. Let's just say that some of the positions they have to get into aren't the most comfortable. Some of the ELP parades are on remotes (you can kind of see through many of those).

Well I stand corrected . I just thought they said it for both parks.

Spectro magic parade is DTMF (digital tone modified frequency) computer ran. :thumbsup2 I have the program on DVR. :smooth: I love this parade, can't wait to see it next month. I plan to see it 3 of 6 days we are there. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I see that CA it is call the electric parade, is this the same thing?

No, they are completely different parades, the ELP being much older (started in the early 70s). I've seen Spectro and really like it, but the ELP's music is one of my fave Disney soundtracks.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure I'll like it and watch it 3 times. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter