Panoramic Ocean View, good or stay away?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of trying one of these rooms on the Freedom of the Seas, particularly room 1864, since it looks much larger than the others? Has anyone ever stayed in this room category, do you recommend it? Pros/Cons?

I was supposed to be in that room on a cruise that got cancelled last year. From everything I could research, it seemed like an amazing room. I can't think of any reason not to book it!

Just got off Mariner where we stayed in one (these suites on Voyageur class seem to be identical to ones on Freedom class). I had booked it originally for 5 of us, but our 3 kids all bailed on us, so was just me and my wife on it. Bear in mind what I wrote below is with that occupancy in mind

Pros:
- Easy and quick walk to the gym and solarium
- great views - waking up to see the boat approaching a port like Labadee or Coco Cay was fantastic.
- cheapest option to get suite perks. Access to the suite lounge (with free drinks from 5-8 pm) was most valuable for us. We didn't have to get the concierge to book anything for us, and TBH didn't find the other suite perks that beneficial
- two toilets and sinks (but only one shower)

Cons:
- On Mariner at least, only 2 plugs in the entire suite
- tricky for showering if large numbers (BUT so close to the gym where you could shower as well)
- very occasionally felt boat movement

Just got off Mariner where we stayed in one (these suites on Voyageur class seem to be identical to ones on Freedom class). I had booked it originally for 5 of us, but our 3 kids all bailed on us, so was just me and my wife on it. Bear in mind what I wrote below is with that occupancy in mind

Pros:
- Easy and quick walk to the gym and solarium
- great views - waking up to see the boat approaching a port like Labadee or Coco Cay was fantastic.
- cheapest option to get suite perks. Access to the suite lounge (with free drinks from 5-8 pm) was most valuable for us. We didn't have to get the concierge to book anything for us, and TBH didn't find the other suite perks that beneficial
- two toilets and sinks (but only one shower)

Cons:
- On Mariner at least, only 2 plugs in the entire suite
- tricky for showering if large numbers (BUT so close to the gym where you could shower as well)
- very occasionally felt boat movement

The cabin that the OP mentioned is not a Panoramic View Suite. It's a Spacious Panoramic Ocean View, it doesn't have suite privileges.

Whoops.
Well the pro of the easy walk to the gym and solarium stands. I'm guessing too that it may have the same plug issue, and boat movement sensation.

We were thinking of trying one of these rooms on the Freedom of the Seas, particularly room 1864, since it looks much larger than the others? Has anyone ever stayed in this room category, do you recommend it? Pros/Cons?

Not sure if you still need the info, but we were in that stateroom in 2016 and it was fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter