Pandemic, borrowing question

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Hi there
We have 5 nights booked in August for MM, Halloween party, water parks and hotel pools. Our trip will be different no doubt, but if resorts open, and water parks open but there is no MM, no Halloween party- water park and pool occupancy limits.... we may not enjoy ourselves the way we would have. We borrowed all points before the pandemic.
think members services will place borrowed points back into original UY if we cancelled, even though some things will be open?

No. Not with an elective cancellation. There are no guarantees of what will be available and there never has been.

I canceled an August trip on May 5th. They did return borrowed points. There are reports that some members have been told that for trips that far out it’s not allowed,

However, if you want to cancel now and try to get the temporary change, I’d call MS,

I think once an opening date is announced, these policies will go back to normal, Since they can change at anytime, I do think one should do ASAP in hopes you will be granted it,

I think you would only get the points returned if the resorts are still closed in August. I sure hope they're not.

As @Sandisw said, MS can do it. But it’s manual so you have to call and ask. I had to call because although I moved my June vacation to August online, I wound up with unused points. They canceled the August reservation, returned all the points to where they came from, and then re-did the August vacation borrowing fewer points.

Bruce

I cancelled a September trip on May 10th with member services. My borrowed points were put back into my 2021 use year a couple of days later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter