Panda Selfies in China

Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
So one of the things I wanted to do was go to a place in China fhtt allows for Panda Selfies.

It seems as though there is one place near Chengdu. Issue there is they charge about $300 for the picture. Seems quite outrageous.

Does anyone know other places in China that are more reasonable? Selfie picture required though, it can't just be like a zoo where you have to see them from a distance.

I believe the Chengdu one is the only reputable one - they only do a limited number of photos a day, the panda is distracted with food and you have to wear sterile coverings. The money goes to conservation and research which is positive too. I do believe though that at present they have discontinued the photo opportunities due to a disease that can be passed between human and Panda (someone who's been recently might correct me on this)

I would be very wary of other places as they're unlikely to be ethical and you'll be likely to be taking a photo with a drugged animal.

If you look on tripadvisor there is a place woolalong overs Panda visits is expensive but reviews good .

Thanks, I'm going to do a panda volunteer program at Dujiangyan Panda Center even though there is no photo program. Looks like I'll be able to get a picture feeding the panda through a cage.

We just did this in November and it was so fun! We got to go in the pen with Fei's baby too (they aren't aggressive until they are over three years old so it was OK to clean under the tree he was napping in). I had a great time and I know you'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!