Palo Tipping

Back to Palo. It definitely not a $250-300 meal for two unless half of that is bar tab.

To me Palo is maybe at the very tippy tops $100/pp but I hestitate to rate it that high. I do admit I'm a little salty about Palo after finding out their pasta (like pre made with the sauce) is brought on shore in a bag (or at least two of them are).

We tend to just tip 20% on the bill they hand us and round up rather than trying to guess "what would we pay on land" (which has always seemed weird to me).

I absolutely agree with this. Actually, I think $100 without alcohol is still high, unless you order every course (a pizza, an antipasti, a soup/salad, a pasta, a main course, and a dessert). And for brunch, I think it's equivalent to your higher-end country club buffet, so $40-$50 tops, and that's pushing it.

I think I have tipped $15 per person for Palo brunch in the past, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking that may be too much. 15-20% of $30 is $4.50 to $6.0. Perhaps $10 - $12 for the 2 of us in the future will be plenty.

I absolutely agree with this. Actually, I think $100 without alcohol is still high, unless you order every course (a pizza, an antipasti, a soup/salad, a pasta, a main course, and a dessert). And for brunch, I think it's equivalent to your higher-end country club buffet, so $40-$50 tops, and that's pushing it.

I would agree if just ordering an entre and app. Where I would differ is we typically will have a salad, split a pizza, my wife loves the mushrooms. A lot of people don't realize that you can order multiple items on the menu. For example you can order your entre and a smaller portion of another entre (probably could order full size if you want) and sample three or four entres. We have had meals where the server kept bringing food to us to try. We typically tip very well there. Plus the deserts are amazing. The soufflé has been spoken about on these boards over and over. My favorite is the Panna Catta. A server brought one out for me as his favorite and it became my favorite food item on the ship.

Wow you all are amazing people. Again, feel free to tip/overtip all you want. It is not only the servers that clean up the Buffetts and stock the cups/drinks. Obviously this is a hot topic as it seems a few of you are rather emotional. As I posted earlier my brother got to know many cast members as he was one of three responsible for booking the travel for the crew and handles special request for living arrangements. Some of these servers have amazing stories and may be amazing people. Keep in mind many are playing to your sensitivities with made up stories and bend stories to play toward a better tip. They laugh and make fun of your special request. Food allergies etc... These jobs are coveted. I tip according to custom and on what is appropriate. Like any business your going to have situations that overpay you and those tasks that don't pay. Feel free to overtip. Feel free top tip your Palo servers and Rotational Dining even though not present at dinner.

WOW!! Didn't realize that trying to keep myself alive by not going into anaphylactic shock by eating something that could potentially kill me was a silly request. Glad no one in your family has food allergies.

WOW!! Didn't realize that trying to keep myself alive by not going into anaphylactic shock by eating something that could potentially kill me was a silly request. Glad no one in your family has food allergies.

AMEN!!!

I was thinking the same thing for people with allergies. Just didn't want to go there with this person! We know several people allergic to various food items; from dairy, to nuts, sulfates and gluten.

We are platinum and get Palo for free. We always tip 20 a person or 25 per person if service is exceptional. When we went to remy we tipped 30 a person. Other than Palo or remy we always eat in the mdr. It wouldn't occur to me not to include those nights in our overall tip for the servers in the dining room. We see them so many other places around the ship.

I was thinking the same thing for people with allergies. Just didn't want to go there with this person! We know several people allergic to various food items; from dairy, to nuts, sulfates and gluten.

This is so true. Suggesting what that posted did makes it sound like we have these allergies on purpose for attention. Believe me - I would LOVE to be able to eat peanut butter again without getting hives all over, and I would LOVE to eat wheat/products with gluten in them without starting to wheeze and have the airflow of breathing through a coffee stir. But I cannot.

By that poster's logic, anyone with any food issues should just stay home so we don't "bother" anyone or "inconvenience" anyone.

I wasn't referring to that as a silly request but if you are the type that takes things the worst way then so be it. I am glad also my family doesn't have food allergies. Has to be tough. Sorry didn't mean to have you misinterpret what I wrote. My point is my family doesn't have any special request. Food allergies etc... We are extremely easy to wait on. Back to tipping... I know I left $200 for Rotational Dining on my 5 day cruise. That is the suggested amount. For 5 nights. This despite eating at Palo for two nights. As for the tip I recall taking away away from the server and gave to the assistant as she was so helpful to our tablemate and their kids who had a lot of special request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter