Palo Dinner

Perrypooh

Mouseketeer
How much are you allowed to order at Palo dinner for App's, entree, and dessert? Anyone ever try to eat Palo dinner and something small in the main dinning room?

How much are you allowed to order at Palo dinner for App's, entree, and dessert? Anyone ever try to eat Palo dinner and something small in the main dinning room?
In my experience, you can order as much as you'd like at Palo, much like in the MDRs. I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that (maybe) someone reported not being able to order 2 entrees, however, but I could be wrong on that.

Personally, I'd not eat anything in the MDR before dining at Palo. Eating after Palo in the MDR - it could be done, but not by me.

in our experience, you can order as much as you want. Portions are not small, so we only ordered a small portion of a third entree to sample it, but we were offered to order something else.

I could not imagine eating something else before or after a Palo dinner.

They're very willing to let you order what ever you want, your only limitations is alcohol and specialty foods that might be additional cost on the menu, but I can't recall ever seeing anything priced "extra" for food. However ordering and consuming are totally different situations! The staff are extraordinarily accommodating for what ever your heart desires. Best advice I ever got from a fellow cruiser on Palo dinner nights was to eat LIGHT fare during the day and stop eating no later than 1pm to give yourself lots of time to "make room" for the spectacular entree's that Palo has!

We've never had issue ordering as much as we liked at the MDR (in fact more often than not servers bring extra food we don't want... oof). We last dined in Palo on the Wonder in January and they made it seem like we were only allowed one of each course. We were a little bummed because the trolly of charcuterie used to be its own course, but here it was only offered as an appetizer choice - we could have that OR an appetizer off the menu, so we skipped it as I wanted Cioppino. I did not try to order two entrees or desserts so maybe they would have been more lenient with those, but if they are so stringent with the trolley... :confused3

That’s disappointing to hear about the antipasto cart. We usually enjoy some items from the cart before we even think about ordering anything except drinks.

We've never had issue ordering as much as we liked at the MDR (in fact more often than not servers bring extra food we don't want... oof). We last dined in Palo on the Wonder in January and they made it seem like we were only allowed one of each course. We were a little bummed because the trolly of charcuterie used to be its own course, but here it was only offered as an appetizer choice - we could have that OR an appetizer off the menu, so we skipped it as I wanted Cioppino. I did not try to order two entrees or desserts so maybe they would have been more lenient with those, but if they are so stringent with the trolley... :confused3
That’s too bad! When we ate at Palo in March, we shared the antipasti and calamari and both had the Cioppino as appetizers. We then each had an entree and desserts. We did not feel like we could or should not order any of it. Maybe they have relaxed since they began not automatically bringing the trolley to your table. Order what you want next time. What are they going to do, kick you out for ordering too much food? :)

Oh hopefully so... it was a little awkward and we heard them having the same conversation with the tables around us too to the same confused expressions. I imagine they disliked doing it as much as we did hearing it. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter