Palo Brunch AND Palo dinner-overkill?

Best two meals of any cruise I’ve been on, so yes, I would do both.

In fact, even if the only day I could get a booking for both was the same, I’d still do both. The food is certainly tempting, but it should be possible to enjoy both meals without eating way too much.
Or if that’s not possible, consider it like Xmas - that day of the year when you eat way too much, but then forgive yourself afterwards. Life is short... ::yes::

Not overkill....

....this coming from the girl who had dinner EVERY night of a 7-night cruise + brunch at Palo. I regret nothing. And, no, I never felt the need to gorge myself at any of my meals.

I wouldn't say it's overkill, even on a short cruise. After all, it is not as though the main dining room is really eating light anyway, so if you're going to have a 3 course meal for dinner each night, doesn't really make a difference whether it is a dining room or Palo.

Do both! We've done both before, and agree with everyone else that as long as you don't try to do them both of the same day (or brunch the day after dinner) you'll be fine. We have a dinner booked for our upcoming Magic cruise and we're hoping to be able to book a brunch once we get on board since all the brunch spots are sold out online right now!

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does the Palo menu remain the same each night of the cruise - so that regardless of which night you go you get the same choice? Thanks :)

Only overkill if they are both the same day. We had to reschedule one of the two on a cruise a couple years ago and they ended up the same day. I was NOT hungry for dinner (or breakfast and lunch the next day!)!!! Otherwise go for it! We like both, though we do prefer brunch.

Thank you for the reply! Much appreciated.

One last question - we are platinum members so get the complimentary Palo meal. Is it advisable to book this online in advance prior to the cruise? Or is that not permissible?
I would book online to secure the date and time you want. But it is not required. You can always try and add it once on board.

Yeah, this is definitely not overkill. I typically cruise on my own and I will book at least two Palo brunches which I prefer over the dinner.

Not on a longer cruise. On a 3 or 4nt one I don't think I'd book both, but that's just my opinion.

Our very first Disney Cruise was a four night cruise and the only way to see all three main dining rooms was went to Palo on Pirates Night. The day at sea was the next day.
On a 7 night cruise, we always do both dinner and brunch. On a shorter, we pick one. You can still both just as others have said space them out. What ever you do, don't do Palo for dinner and then brunch the next morning.

I personally would not do both on one cruise, but it's okay as long as you space them out by a few days.

I did two Palo Brunches and one dinner on the 7-night Alaskan cruise. DD was finally 18 and it’s our first time trying Palo Brunch. We enjoyed it so much we booked it again on the second sea day. We had Palo dinner on Tracy Arm day with wonderful views. We didn’t feel it was an overkill at all. We prefer Palo Brunch over dinner. So we booked only Palo Brunch, Remy Brunch and Remy dinner on the 7-Night West Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. That’s not an overkill to us either. As long as you are not having both brunch and dinner on the same day, you should be fine. On the upcoming 4-night Bahamian cruise, I have only booked one Palo Brunch as there is only one sea day. If we were sailing the Dream or Fantasy, I would have probably booked a Palo Brunch and a Remy dinner. We really like Remy.

Not on the same day as others have said. I have done Palo brunch and dinner plus Remy brunch, dinner, dessert experience in one 7 day cruise and not regretted it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter