Palm like devices

firen'ice

I am Canadian, eh!
There are funny symbols on posts and signs on the treks in AK. I asked what they were for. The cast member said that they were for these new devices that they are planning to bring out in the parks "soon". You plug in the symbol and it tells you things like, where you are, where the closest washrooms are, what you can see around you, closest place to eat etc. as well as take digital pictures and keep your itinerary (priority seating etc.). She said that there were people using them to test them but couldn't go into more detail. Has anyone seen or used these? I asked the next time I went and nobody knew what I was talking about. I'm going at the end of the month and would like to know how to find out more.

In December of 2000, randomly selected guests were given a Palm like device to test. It could do all the functions you said plus more like getting Fastpasses for them and taking Digital Photos. They were then asked questions like would they use a device like this and would be asked how much they would pay for it. I realy hope they would be used and it look like they finaly would...

No, but I did get the info from wdwmagic.com and screamscape.com!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter