Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney wanted in on that concept, why haven't they charge for it up to this point at WDW?

Also, Universal Studios tickets cost more than Disney tickets, so your statement about FP causing Disney's tickets to cost more doesn't hold water.

Again, Disney is in on the concept but in indirect ways, right now for fastpass. Whether they will directly charge for fastpass we shall see. Disney park tickets for one day can go as high as $169 for one day. Disney prices by what they feel peak vs. non peak park days will bring with the highest prices paid for peak times. This is higher than Universal. They do the same pricing for their resorts.

Universal also offers more ticket promos, too. There's a current one which is buy 2 days, get 2 days free. So, depending on how many days you buy it can be way cheaper than Disney park tickets.

People don’t realize Disney is already in on the concept. Disney charged their partner hotels for the right to have 60 day access and were able to raise their own hotel prices at higher rate than other hotels because of the 60 day booking window. Disney in fact already charged guests for FP+ through indirect means. In the future if Disney was to decide to move away from the previous FP+ set up the would have to charge a premium to cover their lost revenue from those streams and other streams that limited access to popular rides drove consumers to (like hard ticketed extra hours events, club level rooms, VIP tours, longer onsite stays, etc).
Indeed. It's always somewhat amusing to see speculation about "Disney may start charging for Fastpasses" when they already do. Take the AK Ultimate Nights of Adventure tour, which includes FP access to both the Pandora rides, along with KS, EE, Dinosaur and Rivers of Light, along with a light meal. Hint: people are not paying the $250 per head for a light meal. Let's say the meal is worth $10, then everyone on this tour is paying $40 per Fastpass. Disney loves the positive PR story of allowing people "free" Fastpasses while happily selling Fastpass access via tours, EMM, the Frozen dessert party, and so on, and it's hard to imagine them deciding to subject themselves to the endless stream of "OMG greedy Disney is going to start charging for Fastpasses" bad publicity that would result from them deciding to use a less subtle Six Flags or Universal type of approach.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe they make more off of the EMM, After Hours, inflated hotel pricing for 60+ day bookings, and good neighbor hotels paying for fast passes than they would selling them.

However....I can see them selling off same day capacity after the initial 3 are gone. Like @YesterDark outlines.

Can't wait to come on here and talk about the conspiracy that will be Space Mountain fast passes being held from circulation so they can sell them. Those will be the days......

Disney either needs to charge way more for entrance to the parks to thin the crowds (lowering the wait times), or offer a paid fast pass system. If a ticket is $100 (for example), offer to let someone pay $200 for 8 fast passes (unchangable, unmodifyable...you get a fast pass every hour for 8 consecutive hours) with a 70 day (or 61 days...whatever) booking window, and everyone can be happy. People willing to pay more for a better experience can have that, and people unwilling or unable to pay can have the status quo experience.

Disney either needs to charge way more for entrance to the parks to thin the crowds (lowering the wait times), or offer a paid fast pass system. If a ticket is $100 (for example), offer to let someone pay $200 for 8 fast passes (unchangable, unmodifyable...you get a fast pass every hour for 8 consecutive hours) with a 70 day (or 61 days...whatever) booking window, and everyone can be happy. People willing to pay more for a better experience can have that, and people unwilling or unable to pay can have the status quo experience.
Why don’t you just book a VIP tour if that’s how you feel?

Right now they a re trying to figure out how to INCREASE attendance. Expect some decent offers to come out soon.

you can already do that with a VIP tour

In regards to needing to increase attendance now, I meant my comments as a macro comment on normal disney, not coronavirus disney. There is no need to pay a premium right now since attendance is so low. I thought vip tours were a couple thousand? I've never looked into one, but yeah, if its under 500, worth considering for sure. What are tour prices?

In regards to needing to increase attendance now, I meant my comments as a macro comment on normal disney, not coronavirus disney. There is no need to pay a premium right now since attendance is so low. I thought vip tours were a couple thousand? I've never looked into one, but yeah, if its under 500, worth considering for sure. What are tour prices?
About $3k per day, more when it’s very busy. That’s for up to 10 people so $300/person.

About $3k per day, more when it’s very busy. That’s for up to 10 people so $300/person.

Super popular at DL, I might add. I used to see them all over the place all the time. Pre-COVID I was pretty sure they’d end up doubling prices within a few years.

Next option for exclusivity is Club 33 membership and FP allotment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter