Packing Tips from the Experts!!

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
I've looked around and have been unable to locate a great packing list for the Disney Cruise. Well, I thought "what better place to get great packing ideas than from the experts"

We should be able to come up with a great list everyone could use :)

Awaiting your words of wisdom :)

After our 2001 cruise I compiled a list of hints and packing ideas. I posted them on the trip reports way back then but cannot find it (imagine that). Well I found the link from another board:
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=767097554&m=5023041383

Some items I will mention here that are must have's are:
over the door shoe holder
disposable underwater camera
bungee cords if you have connecting staterooms
empty water bottles to fill at deck#9 and take on shore
labels to put on used film - record date - roll#, etc.
water shoes
:p

Water shoes most definitely. That way you don't have to worry about stepping on anything. I also take some large ziplock bags to put all the goodies I tend to collect in. Such as ticket stubbs, rocks etc etc. I am a scrapbooker so just about everything ends up coming home with us!

Valerie

I've racked my brain trying to figure out what bungee cords are for and you've got me - what are they for?

Sounds like it's for privacy purposes so your adjoining stateroom guests don't just "barge" in on you (door maybe doesn't have a lock). Is this a correct guess? :p

Use cords to keep doors open. Doors lock and cannot be opened from other side so if you want keep them open without using a suitecase or trash can or chair, use the cords. Works great.

Hi wovenwonder,

Thanks for the great list!

ADisneyMom

LOL -- I guess I was totally wrong and it was the OPPOSITE answer! Oh, well -- I guess you can tell I've never had a connecting stateroom! Happy cruisin...:rolleyes:

An extension cord. The receptical in the bath is a shaver only type and curling irons and blow dryers don't work in them.

Highlighter
Sharpie Marker for putting names on mugs
Loved my 2-way radios
Cork screw if you bring your own wine for the room

Ambesol (for tooth pain)
Temporary dental filling (in case you lose a filling)
blister pads
icy hot (sore muscle relief)
sunburn lotion
colored ribbon for your suitcases (helps identify them)
small sewing kit
bonine (for seasickness)
extra pair of glasses
extra camera
binoculars

Oh, and if you get your hair braided, it's a really good idea to have a spray on sunscreen for the exposed scalp.

Must haves:

Extra hangers!!! LOTS OF EXTRA HANGERS!!!

TWO over-the-door shoe organizers

Extra duffle bag (we used it for dirty clothes)

Downy Wrinkle Releaser (Saved us so much time!!!)

Good Sunscreen (we took Coppertone Sport SPF 30, the spray-on, and it didn't keep us from getting sunburn, even after a couple of applications)

Travel alarm clock

Extra Hangers SURE are handy -- but no need to drag them along! All you have to do is ask your cabin stuard to bring you an ample supply and they will bring you all that you need.

wovenwonder:

What an incredible list! I feel like I will be prepared for anything now. Thank you!

Downey Wrinkle Releaser is like gold to me. I will never iron again. When the kids clothes look a little wrinkled I give them a squirt (while still on the kids) give their shirts a tug and the wrinkles disappear. Will be one of the first things I pack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter