Packing List

Jasesmom

Mouseketeer
OMG we leave in 19 days for our first Disney vacation!!!! I have all the suitcases out and check lists going... What do I need to pack that I wouldn't think of? HELP!!! I don't want to leave anything that I need!

The big ones easy to overlook is:

- All of your chargers and a way to plug them all in overnight (power strip)
- medial cards and numbers to doctors, you never know when an emergency might arise.
- I pack only a few days of clothes but extra shirts and socks in case it's really hot or I'm getting rained on a lot.
- a second pair of shoes I can use in case my first pair are soaked and time for them to dry.
- if it's allowed how I'm traveling, laundry supplies, I will be doing laundry while there. (laundry is pool side most resorts so easy to do both for a rest afternoon)
- advil, lots of it.
- electrolyte tablets to turn any water into an electrolyte drink (cheaper than sports/electrolyte water) and easy to carry in the park also.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO WHEN PACKING: Start to wear your new shoes before you try to use them at disney. Break them in at home..

Don't forget to:

put your cruise docs, passport, DS's birth certificate (if no passport), in your carryon bag

Bring a watch. There are no clocks on the cruise ship (except for your cabin).

Disposable bibs for DS (if he still uses them at restaurants)

Swim diapers for DS (if he's potty training)

Sunglasses, sun hats (for Castaway Cay) and sunscreen

Your camera

Cash to tip room service (you must order Mickey ice cream bars from room service)! :)

At least two swimsuits for you and DS (so you don't have to wait for one to dry the next day)

A cup to put enough water (or soft drinks) in, so you don't have to go back and forth to the beverage station at night, if you get thirsty.

Have fun! I'm super excited for you and Jase! I hope he has a magical birthday!!!

I wanted to add one more thing...

Pack 1 day of clothes in each others suitcases. If any suitcase is lost or delayed in reaching you, you have something to get by with.

I bring a little assortment of different sized Ziploc bags. They come in handy for a million things, especially when my son doesn't finish a snack or a meal. When he whines that he's hungry 15 minutes after we left a CS, "Hey, here's that burger you asked for but didn't touch 20 minutes ago at Pecos Bill's, kiddo."

A thermometer. I hope you never need it, but they're hard to come by at WDW if you do.

Liquid hand soap. I don't like washing my hands with bar soap and it's easier for kids.

Cut up a sponge or two into small pieces, wet them, and drizzle the pieces with dish soap. Dry them out completely and store in a Ziploc. When you wet them again you'll have little dish sponges, great for washing mugs or sippy cups or kid utensils.

If your son is still young enough to take baths (not showers) a plastic rinse cup. Some resorts only give you glass and/or tiny plastic cups.

Pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines, with some sort of pouch to store the pressed ones.

Have fun packing and have a GREAT trip!

-Scissors!! If your little one buys any of those packaged toys with a million tabs holding them in place you'll need some scissors!

Our first trip we bought a Buzz Lighyear, and I had to go down to the FD to get the dang thing out of the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter