Pack or Send ahead - SNACKS!

Carrieberry - we do what you do. I pack a suitcase full of snacks, cereal, capri drinks (they freeze and travel better than juice boxes), etc. This way we eat up everything and have tons of room for the souveniors we buy down there to bring back home.

For the suitcase plans, once again PLEASE check with you airlines. The majority are limiting you to two checked bags, one carryone and one personal item (purse, computer case) per ticketed passenger. (In other words, unticketed infants do not get their own baggage allowance!) Also, overweight and oversize baggage is being charged for.

Since there are 3 of us whenever we go, I always check before with the airlines. Even with their restrictions, we can get away with 6 check on bags, 3 carry ons, and 2 backpacks and 1 vcr bag. I always double check to see if backpacks are acceptable as a personal item, and they always are. We are light packers when it comes to clothes, so 6 bags are always too much, so we fill one with the snacks. Works out great.

Originally posted by LOVETHATMOUSE
Even with their restrictions, we can get away with 6 check on bags, 3 carry ons, and 2 backpacks and 1 vcr bag. I

Why do you take a vcr to Disney? *ponder*

-joe

We're heading to WDW in a few short weeks and plan to be there over Thanksgiving, for a total of 14 days. There are 11 of us, six adults and five children and the first week we're staying at our timeshare off property, the second at DxL (can't teach an old dog new tricks). We're entitled to 22 suitcases........not counting carryons. We're definately packing snacks and breakfast foods, especially for the first week. No matter where you shop in Florida, in a time constraint, you're going to spend lots more money. I've been picking up snacks for a while now. We're packing a box and shipping it along with the suitcases.....popcorn bags, animal crackers, pez dispensers and refills ( Disney, of course), cereal and Capri Suns and lots of books and paper and crayons. The parks close early and the kids need something to do at night before bed. Whatever is left over gets chucked and we spend what we would have spent on snacks and some breakfasts on other things. We still plan several character breakfasts, including Thanksgiving morning, and the kids don't feel deprived at all. As far as Thanksgiving dinner is concerned, our beloved Patriots play that afternoon so it's back to the condo and we're cooking a slightly modified turkey dinner.....anybody want to join us??

DH and I don't have kids, but I think sending a box ahead of time with snacks and coloring books and crayons is a great idea, especially if the WDW resorts will hold them for you -- how nice:D !

For our two trips to WDW, I just brought breakfast bars for myself. Then we bought other beverages at that grocery store near the Grosvenor. DH isn't much on eating right when he wakes up, and so I didn't need to bring breakfast stuff for him.

Our eating style in the parks could best be described as "grazing," (light meals, snacks every few hours) so we're ready to ride whatever whenever. We always eat one breakfast at the Lady & the Tramp restaurant in MK (a tradition started on our honeymoon) and one nice dinner in the evening, and we do just fine moneywise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter