Owners with rental contracts at Davids

I did hear back and their response was: "As we are naturally in our slow season, and given the current climate we are living in things are a bit slower than previous years. We are seeing an influx in reservation requests coming in daily, so we do hope to assist you soon!"

For those who have cancelled their contract with them, did you just email them and let them know you were terminating the contract?

i listed points in September and they rented within a few days (for a stay next summer). I think home resort is a factor as well.

i listed points in September and they rented within a few days (for a stay next summer). I think home resort is a factor as well.
Thanks for sharing. Frustrating that I haven’t heard anything since listing. I guess I’ll have to look at doing it myself

Update - I received a request just over a week ago and was able to rent the points finally. Happy they went but it took longer than I expected.

So then I guess you didn't want to know about cancelling with them In case you do in the future, cancel an existing contract, I did it I was offering borrowed points that expire the end of July After a month or two with nothing happening, DH suggested I use them up myself with a solo trip They were very nice when I Emailed and cancelled

It’s interesting, in the past week or so, I’ve seen quite a few Facebook Passholder group questions about “how do I rent DVC points?” I’m not sure if this increased DVC point rental activity is people feeling like traveling now that there is a vaccine, or was it due to some posts from people getting great deals on confirmed reservations (ie BWV for $5 more than Pop?) and/or is it from people looking to spend their stimulus?

I have rented my points from David's site numerous times (mostly pre-Covid and two reservations during the early Covid months) with a very quick rental time frame. My VGC points usually rented within days of listing my points with them.

Prior to the pandemic, I used David's and the points rented out very quickly. Currently, I have points with David's and it has been two months and nothing. I actually sent them an email and this is what they sent me:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you points are listed in our rental queue, and we have been searching for a request that matches well with them.

Over the past year, things were a bit slower for us due to the continued uncertainty surrounding travel for guests in different countries and states around the world. However, we have seen things slowly start to pick back up over the past couple months.

With that being said, we did also have a number of DVC owners that had guest reservations that were impacted due to the DVC resort closures in early 2020. As a result, those owners had points returned back to them for the cancelled reservations. So, we have also been working with those owners to try and get the points re-rented.

We will continue to search for a request that matches well with your points. If we have a match come in then we will certainly reach out to you. Please note, we will always try our best to get your points rented but cannot make any guarantees.

One other option we can suggest would be to book a reservation with the points, and then list the reservation on our website for rent.

We could then keep both the points and the reservation in our system to see if one rents first. For example, if the reservation rented first, then we would remove the points from our rental queue. Whereas if the points were rented first, then we would ask you to cancel the reservation to have access to the points again.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send them along.

We hope to be in touch soon!

Prior to the pandemic, I used David's and the points rented out very quickly. Currently, I have points with David's and it has been two months and nothing. I actually sent them an email and this is what they sent me:

I can confirm that you points are listed in our rental queue, and we have been searching for a request that matches well with them.

Over the past year, things were a bit slower for us due to the continued uncertainty surrounding travel for guests in different countries and states around the world. However, we have seen things slowly start to pick back up over the past couple months.

With that being said, we did also have a number of DVC owners that had guest reservations that were impacted due to the DVC resort closures in early 2020. As a result, those owners had points returned back to them for the cancelled reservations. So, we have also been working with those owners to try and get the points re-rented.

We will continue to search for a request that matches well with your points. If we have a match come in then we will certainly reach out to you. Please note, we will always try our best to get your points rented but cannot make any guarantees.

One other option we can suggest would be to book a reservation with the points, and then list the reservation on our website for rent.

We could then keep both the points and the reservation in our system to see if one rents first. For example, if the reservation rented first, then we would remove the points from our rental queue. Whereas if the points were rented first, then we would ask you to cancel the reservation to have access to the points again.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send them along.

Thanks for posting. I have an existing reservation listed with them and I actually just recently asked them if I could also put the points in their queue and they told me that was not an option. I am guessing they have lots of points to rent. Good luck, hopefully they will rent.

Interestingl. The one issue would be that a confirmed reservation would need to be rented before the 31 day mark avoid holding. Yes, it’s being waived now, but may not be later on.

Good luck. I hope something happens soon for you.

Bumping this back up - thinking about renting our points through David's - We utilized him years ago and it was a good experience, Wondering how things are now?

I have a renter currently thru David’s, I made the reservation for them over a year ago, (pre-covid) for the end of December. They weren’t comfortable traveling (to Aulani) at that time. I was asked to change the reservation to the end of May, (I have a June UY) and they gave me an additional 2.00 per point to modify. Everything has gone pretty smoothly so far, hopefully all goes well for their check-in at the end of next month...

Got around 25k from David in the last year and a half. Got every cent that was owed to me. Great company to do business with. Put a lot of money in my pocket of course I put a lot into his also. Will use him again when the time comes when I have too many points that I can’t use.

I just rented points thru them a month ago. Everything was very smooth. After considering renting points on my own, I decided that the extra few dollars per point was not worth the hassle - glad I went thru David's.

I have 2 contracts that rented through Davids (due to lost trips last year), rented within 2 months of listing. Seemed very smooth and no issues to date. Paid the 70% the day of the rental. Very happy so far. We will see how it works out. Hoping to not need it in the future, but with the lost trips due to Co-Vid, happy to have the option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter