• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Owners with rental contracts at Davids

mernin

DIS Veteran
I signed our first rental contract with Davids earlier this summer for points we won't be able to use. Just curious for others who have rented their points with Davids before (and I know before the pandemic it was different than it is now), how long typically until you were able to rent them? We haven't had an email yet to book anything and I don't know if its because of covid, the amount of points we are offering, our resort or Davids reputation now.

Last year, it took about a week or two, Since I was going to use borrowed points, they put me at the back of the line. When I complained, they moved me up.

I know right now they are dealing with a lot of confirmed trips to rent out from renters backing out, as well as owners who agreed to rent points again when trips were canceled due to closure, Since those owners have already been paid the 70%, they are most likely going to those owners first.

So, I think it’s a combination of a lot of factors,

They may not have found a good match or there are not a lot of renters out there.

I just this week filled a contract for 84 points on my extended points that I originally promised to David's on a previous aggreement.

We have rented out lots of points with David’s the last few years. Mine are always gone the same day. It must be a lack of renters and the discounted confirmed reservations that people are buying instead of making a new reservation. Hope your points are rented out soon!

I'd guess they're trying to fill vouchers and so are looking to those owners they've already paid 70% to, and cash flow is an issue. You'd be a new booking they'd have to pay out, and they'd want to avoid using you for a voucher.

I've had points ready with them for a week or so. Hopefully they'll go in the next month.

I had some points rented through David's that were caught up in the pandemic where the reservation accommodation was not available and returned points to me and I re-rented again through David's. First times it took 10 days or so. The second time less than 4-5 days. I like others believe the renters who have been paid 70% probably get cleared out first.

Last October, my Poly points were rented out within a few hours to someone who wanted to stay at Poly at >7 months. I'm sure it would have been very different today.

I put my points on David's to rent in the summer also. I didn't hear anything for over a month so I removed my points from their inventory. I eventually decided to just put my points up for rent on the rent/trade forum here and had all the points rented in about 3 days.

Double your chances and put your points on these boards as well..take the first to respond

We put points up for rent via David's for the first time this past January, a couple of months before things got bad. Our points went fast.

O
If I am not mistaken, his contract mentions you are not allowed to list elsewhere when under contract with him.
Oh it does...but you dont need to respond to his mass emails lookkng for an owner if you have someone..and then when you do.if not with him. Call him up and pull the points...this is another way he tries to have it both ways...he says ypu cant list..but then he doesnt give you first shot..it goes out to lots of people and first to respond gets the sale. I used to do both..no issue

O

Oh it does...but you dont need to respond to his mass emails lookkng for an owner if you have someone..and then when you do.if not with him. Call him up and pull the points...this is another way he tries to have it both ways...he says ypu cant list..but then he doesnt give you first shot..it goes out to lots of people and first to respond gets the sale. I used to do both..no issue

My rental request was only Sent to me, While sure, anyone can violate the contract if they want, but was just pointing out that if you list elsewhere, you are

Last edited:
I too have placed lots of points with David's for the last 3(?) years and they have all rented out very quickly. I recently, within the last 4 weeks, placed some of my points with him and none have been rented. I emailed them to confirm that my contract was still in place. I received an email saying that my points do not currently fit the needs of travelers contacting them for reservations. I find that difficult to understand, especially if people are making reservations within 7 months (any points can be used). I will leave them there a while longer and if nothing gets rented, I will probably pull them.

I too have placed lots of points with David's for the last 3(?) years and they have all rented out very quickly. I recently, within the last 4 weeks, placed some of my points with him and none have been rented. I emailed them to confirm that my contract was still in place. I received an email saying that my points do not currently fit the needs of travelers contacting them for reservations. I find that difficult to understand, especially if people are making reservations within 7 months (any points can be used). I will leave them there a while longer and if nothing gets rented, I will probably pull them.

I am going to guess that they are using those that have points from canceled rentals during closure to fill the 7 month requests first,

Those owners have been paid the initial funds. So David’s doesn’t have to come up with any money.

I also think that there is a good chance requests are down from the past and given the confirmed trips they are trying to rent plus all those points, it is probably going to be tougher than usual.

I also offered points in early summer and have not heard from David's. I'm just going to pull them. I have rented in the past and within days had offers.

They are basically telling owners with points expiring soon that the likelihood of the points being rented out are slim.

Their email that just went out is renting reduced cost points at $15 per point expiring nov 30. This is in addition to lord knows how many confirmed rentals.

That price is still absurdly high considering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter