Oversized Verandah - Back of the Ship View

budafam

DIS Veteran
I'm looking into booking a 3 night cruise on the Dream. How are the rooms that have an "oversized verandah with possible whitewalls"? It looks like the rooms available are located at the back of the ship. Is there any pros or cons to this location/view?

We stayed in cabin 9174 and absolutely LOVED it. Large veranda w/lounge, 2 chairs and a small table. My DD slept on the lounge under the stars one night - the highlight of her trip! :-)

Aren't those rooms handicapped accessible rooms? Or are they just listed as family verandah rooms?

We are going on the dream on 10/17 and have one of those rooms. I have ALWAYS wanted a balcony at the back of the ship. I have heard form a few folks that some ash from the smoke stacks can end up on the balcony (doesn't seem to matter which floor). This is far from a uniform complaint so must be due to wind direction, at least to some degree.

A couple of these cabins are HA, but most don't seem to be, based on the deck plans I've reviewed.

We had 10160 on the Dream and 9172 on the Fantasy and loved those verandahs. It was wonderful to have the full view and watch as we backed into Castaway Cay. We had two loungers, 2 chairs and a table and still had room on the verandah. The view as we were sailing was very relaxing too.

Can anyone tell me what is the price category for these rooms?

They're 5Es...we will be enjoying one in a little over a week. We really felt that the pros far outweighed any possible cons and decided that this is the category we wanted to book :goodvibes

the soot/ash was a bit of a pain sometimes but its so worth it to have. i tried to get one for our upcoming cruise and they were out of them. :sad2:
our veranda was HUGE!!

Some of the cons...

* Typically the ships back into CC and/or ports. You can feel the rumbling when the reverse thrusters are used. However, it is a nice wake up call. You open up the shade and you have a BEAUTIFUL view of CC.

* On deck 10 you might hear some noise from Cabanas, specially early in the morning when they are rearranging the chairs for breakfast. Also, late into the night during pirate night as they have the midnight buffet.

* A couple of those cabins originally were meant to be HA but didn't pass inspection, and hence only have one bathroom and no bathtub. But their size are HUGE.

We got upgraded to one of the HUGE 5E on our first cruise from an OGT rate. Booked 5E for our Xmas 2014 on the Fantasy...

the deck in unbelievable
super big
great views
only downside to the room is no spilt bathroom
but you can have touch football in the room it so big

We were in 9670 on the Dream .. It was huuuuuuuge and had a huuuuuuuge balcony too!!!

Not a HA room per se, but it had the makings of one .. No step into bathroom or out onto balcony, a wet room and a really cool handle in the wardrobe that pulled the whole rail down (great for short people like me as well as those in wheelchairs!)

It didn't have handles in the wet room, or a door bell and auto opener outside the stateroom. Fantastic room though and definitely not classed as HA.

the deck in unbelievable
super big
great views
only downside to the room is no spilt bathroom
but you can have touch football in the room it so big

Only the HA rooms (corner 5Es) are like that. The others are regular stateroom size with split baths. Worth every penny!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

how are these rooms in terms of bedding? ceiling drop bunk? Murphy? sofabed?

10160 and 9172 have the ceiling drop bunk and sofabed.

We didn't hear any noise from Cabanas and did not have any issues with soot on either of the verandahs.

This thread is so exciting to me - we've booked connecting 5E rooms for our BTBs in Jan. I had no idea the verandas were that big!

This is our fourth cruise and first with an aft cabin. We have 9674 and can't wait to find out for ourselves what all the hoopla is all about. I think it will be lovely watching the water trail behind us.

This is so exciting! We booked a 5E GTY and got 7190--one of corner rooms with the obnoxiously large veranda. The split bath would have been cool, but we'll get through this----somehow. (How's that for dramatic effect--bwaaahaaahaaa!!!). Sure we'll be spoiled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter