Over the river and through the woods to Mickey's house we go: The Remix

Love Lacy's Dress! Had a friend who got a similar one in 07. What a great deal on the dress and the rings! I like hers better than Kate Middleton's and her dress cost $450K! Talk about a deal lol

Congrats on Hunter and his academic achievement award! That is fantastic he got out of his finals! That happened to me senior year of high school. Only had to take my English final. I had a 100% average in Physics....still not sure how that happened lol.

Cannot believe you leave in under a week! So jealous!

Wow! Busy time at your house!!!

Congrats to Hunter!!! That is so great!

My daughter came home the other day and told me she got a snow cone at school. I asked her if she had bought it and she said no so, of course, I had to pry. Turns out, she made perfect attendance this quarter!!! I don't know how she did it, but she did! She's only ever had perfect attendance once before. We are always having to take her out for something or other. :rolleyes1

I'm so jealous of you going to WDW in a week! I tried to talk Mike into going down on the 25th for just a couple days, but he said no. Boo, hiss!

Glad to hear that the wedding plans are coming along! I love Lacey's dress! It's perfect!

:banana: for your daughter getting perfect attendance and getting a free snow cone for it. I could go for a snow cone right now instead of the dumb old peanut butter and cracker I snacked on this morning.

I wish Mike would have agreed to a short trip so the two of us could have met in person.

Lacey fell in love with her dress as soon as she saw it. Once we get it altered, she'll be doubly excited.

Congrats to Hunter!!!! I wish having a good grade point average had exempt me from finals. I had straight As every year except one class my senior year and always had to take finals anyway. Good for him though!

Yay for John starting to pack early. I am an early planner. I have a vacation in Oct (non-Dis) and already have my packing lists done. :lmao:

And I totally hear you on the boss thing. My office is me, and my assistant one morning a week on Saturday, when I'm off. Everytime I go on vacation the owners of the company take over the office and I have to start 2 weeks in advance with emailing them instructions, lists, questions about what they need from me before I leave, etc. Inevitably though they still call me last day before I leave with a list of things! :headache:

Only 4 days! :goodvibes

Congrats to Hunter!!!! I wish having a good grade point average had exempt me from finals. I had straight As every year except one class my senior year and always had to take finals anyway. Good for him though!

Yay for John starting to pack early. I am an early planner. I have a vacation in Oct (non-Dis) and already have my packing lists done. :lmao:

And I totally hear you on the boss thing. My office is me, and my assistant one morning a week on Saturday, when I'm off. Everytime I go on vacation the owners of the company take over the office and I have to start 2 weeks in advance with emailing them instructions, lists, questions about what they need from me before I leave, etc. Inevitably though they still call me last day before I leave with a list of things! :headache:

Only 4 days! :goodvibes

Back when I was in school (we won't mention how many years ago that was ;)), there were no exemptions from finals. You had to take them even if you had a 4.0 GPA.

I've had this vacation booked since August, 2010. My boss asked me when I was going and I told him May. I don't think he actually put it on his calendar until about a month and a half ago. Otherwise, he would have been freaking out BIG TIME!

Love Lacy's Dress! Had a friend who got a similar one in 07. What a great deal on the dress and the rings! I like hers better than Kate Middleton's and her dress cost $450K! Talk about a deal lol

Congrats on Hunter and his academic achievement award! That is fantastic he got out of his finals! That happened to me senior year of high school. Only had to take my English final. I had a 100% average in Physics....still not sure how that happened lol.

Cannot believe you leave in under a week! So jealous!

Thank you! Lacey loves it too and can't wait for it to be fitted so it will look even better. Poor Kate Middleton....I am sure she wanted a pretty strapless dress but, from what I have read, the wedding dress has to have long sleeves. I still thought it was pretty but definitely not worth $450K!

I wish they had had exemptions from finals back in the day when I was in school!

Friday, May 27th: This will be our first day in the parks since our package doesn't start until this day. I've read many times that you can pick up your tickets 3 days in advance but we've chosen to just sit back and relax for those first two days. Well, it's actually just a day and a half which is more than I will be able to stand since I am a go-go-go type of gal.

Anyway, we'll have to go down to the Custom House bright and early so that we can check-out and check back in under our packages. I've done online check-in for both of our reservations (our's and Mama's). I'm going to have to call Disney Reservations to ask this question: Since we are checking out but immediately checking back in, do we simply go to the online check-in desk this morning? :confused3 Or, do we have to use one of the other lines to check out and then turn around and get in line for online check-in? I'm not sure how that will work.

Once we have our KTTW cards, we'll catch the bus to the Magic Kingdom. I'm thinking we'll all go to the Custom House so that Mama and I won't have to walk back to get the others before going to the bus stop. This should save us a little time.

I can't wait to see the castle again:

SANY3858.jpg

I'm not sure if we'll start our tour of the park by going left to Adventureland or right towards Tomorrowland. Whichever we head first this day, we'll do the opposite on our second Magic Kingdom day.

Over the years and after many trips to Walt Disney World, our touring plans have changed. First off, since the kids are now older, we no longer sprint straight to Fantasyland to avoid a long wait for Dumbo. We also now have more days in the parks and know that, should we miss one attraction the first day, we have another day in the park to take that attraction in.

Our goal will be to see and do everything on one side of the park before it's time to leave for the evening. Some things, we'll want to see twice.

I'm kinda thinking we will go left to:

mk_advland.jpg

Where we'll hop on one of these babies:

mk_jc1.jpg

Next, I'm sure we'll go to:

potc1.jpg

If the line is not too terribly long, we may take a spin on:

mk_ald5.jpg

After a little pillaging and plundering, we'll take the walkway over to Frontierland. I will probably walk over and get Fastpasses for either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain while the others walk over to wait for me outside of Country Bear Jamboree:

cbear3.jpg

Mama has been talking about Pecos Bill's since she went with us to Disney in 2000. She loved the sauteed mushrooms and the fixin's bar there. Last year, she stayed at the resort while we went to the park and she missed eating there. She said she's not missing it again so that's where we'll have lunch.

I'm thinking that we can use our Fastpasses after seeing Country Bears and eating our lunch. If not, we can always take a raft over to Tom Sawyer's Island. Mama didn't go there with us last year. I am a bit unsure about whether we will do this or not since there's some uneven paths, not to mention the barrel bridges, and Mama is not as surefooted as she used to be.

I've read conflicting information regarding the riverboat. Some places say it will be open. Others have said it will be closed. I really wanted to take a ride on it so I am hoping it will be operating.

If the line is not too long for Haunted Mansion, we'll get in line to see the 999 ghosts. I can hardly wait to see the new additions to the queue and the new hitchiking ghosts!

I'm sure we'll do a bit of shopping here and there as we pass the shops and stores. I like to peek in and see if I can find a "different" souvenir. I will also want to see if there's any "new" merchandise that I didn't see last year.

We have a dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe. John, Lacey, Hunter and I have had dinner there before but Mama has not. Since we had delicious food and good service there, we decided to go back again. I am sure we'll stop in the store before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes!

I'm sure by the end of the day, we'll be ready to hit the sheets. Saturday will be our first day in Epcot! AND, we'll get to see Dana and her family again!

First....Congrats to Hunter! I'm sure he is thrilled to be done with school. I know Isaiah is chomping at the bit to be finished...sadly, he has another 5 weeks to go. :sad2:

Your poor boss...what would he ever do without you?? :confused:

Your plans look great. I think Mama could handle Tom Sawyer Island. If she feels unsure on some of the trails, she can just grab a rocking chair on the dock and soak in the atmosphere!

Great job, Hunter!

Counting the days on one hand:cool1:I am excited for you! I'm sure I'll be sitting at work wondering "What are Lisa and her crew doing right now?"

I'm at home this morning cause our babysitter is out of town and my youngest DD's school ended on Wednesday. I am watching Good Morning America and they are at Hollywood Studios:banana:Darth Goofy is having a light saber battle with a little kid. I can't wait to go back and ride the new Star Tours!:thumbsup2 The crowds are insane and they just said George Lucas would be at the opening! Hopefully you will be able to ride and the lines won't be too badpixiedust:

COngrats to Hunter on his award!:thumbsup2 I love when my kiddos do well, It make's me a very proud Mom!

I like your 1st park day plans, heck I like any plans invovling Disney:rotfl:

Regarding the exam exempt comments: I found it funny that when I was in school I never took finals due to GPA but my kids do not have that option!! I didn't know it was still around!! I just found it funny that I was the total opposite from everyone else!! :rotfl:

Plans look good for MK...they resemble my Saturday plans a lot!! :goodvibes I am thinking my plans may be "whatever" now that DH will be arriving later than originally planned!

Great first day park plans, Lisa. Your pictures are making me get even more excited for our trip if that is possible.

Thank you! Lacey loves it too and can't wait for it to be fitted so it will look even better. Poor Kate Middleton....I am sure she wanted a pretty strapless dress but, from what I have read, the wedding dress has to have long sleeves. I still thought it was pretty but definitely not worth $450K!

I wish they had had exemptions from finals back in the day when I was in school!

Yeah she had to wear sleeves in the Abby. It definitely was beautiful, and I would love a similar one, but not worth the price they paid.

Only seniors got the exemption. I was the force behind the idea, got the ball rolling, then someone else got the credit! So much for my final exam exemption legacy lol.

Your first park day sounds perfect! I love the first day at Disney, knowing that whatever you don't get to do that day will probably get done later in the week.

Congratulations to Hunter!! Being exempt from finals rocks! :cool1:

OMG you're leaving so soon! I can't wait to hear (read) all about it when you come back. Enjoy!!

Thats great that Hunter gets to skip the exams you should be a proud mama. I used this information to tell River what can happen when he gets good grades. he was very excited about the getting out of school early part:laughing:

I'm getting super excited about your trip because I know when you get back I go!

Wow only 3 days away!!!!!! I remember how you count days and it's 12:10am Saturday morning :thumbsup2. My oldest got to skip two of her 5 finals also, it made for a short, easy week. Hope you guys have your usual fun time and I'm looking forward to your TR.

Hunter is so lucky, this year I had geometry finals, tuesday I have spanish finals and I had bio ECA a couple weeks ago. Only 2 more days untill you leave:goodvibes:goodvibes again, LUCKY. I am becoming depressed knowing you will be there and I wont.

GOOD JOB HUNTER!!!! :wizard:

Claire's last week is this week, of course in K, you don't exams. LOL! At least not yet!
I bet you are so excited to leave.
I can't wait to read your next report too!
I hope your boss calms down a bit.

I have learned I am an official Disney Snob yesterday. Ok, I did like Sea World, and I have like Universal in past years...but we went to Cedar Point yesterday ( a big amusement park in Ohio) and it's just not the same. I like theme parks, not amusmement parks. It was dirty and so unkept. Not horribly bad in the public veiwing areas, but not up to par either. And the bathrooms...YUCK! I am wondering if they have cleaned them yet this year.

Congrats to Hunter on a job Well Done!! Wow!! You leave day after tomorrow!!!! Hope everything is going well and that you have a terrific family get together this afternoon for Hunter's birthday celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter