Over the river and through the woods to Mickey's house we go: The Remix

mickeystoontown

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my pre-trip report! I can not believe that I've waited this long to start since the plans were made waaaay back in June, 2010. Before I get into those plans, I guess I need to introduce our family.

There's me, Lisa, a 45 year old mother to two amazing children, wife to a wonderful husband, daughter of a fabulous spry 77 year old mother, and paralegal to one of the best (and ornery) family law attorneys in the State of Louisiana. My boss' nickname for me is Tinkerbell because I'm pretty feisty and always seem to have my hands on my hips. I make Disney backsacks and sell them on ebay for extra Disney dollars, like to take pictures and camping. It goes without mentioning, that I am a Disney planning fool.

John is my wonderful husband a/k/a cabinet builder extraordinnaire. He's also 45 years old, the father of our two amazing children, owner of our own cabinet shop and a full time employee of one of the most prominant commercial cabinet companies in our area. He enjoys mowing the yard, working in our garden, playing pitch with the kids and lounging in the pool. He is definitely an outdoor man. John was injured on the job many years ago, suffered a brain injury and now has epilepsy. There are things at Disney that he can do and things that he can't do. John likes to play practical jokes like the one where he was gonna kiss me in front of the castle just so he could embarass Hunter.

Photo0800.jpg

Lacey is about to turn 24, is the first born of our two amazing children, fiance' of the loving, caring Jesse, almost college graduate (has only one more class), former Mission student, one of her Mamaw's favorite grandchildren (Hunter is the other and Lacey tells Mamaw that she swears she'll never give away the secret.:laughing:) She has devoted the last three years of her life serving God and those around her. She has done things that warm this mother's heart. She has seen things that hurt this mother's heart. Lacey is a true sweetheart and one of the most giving people I know.

100_2589.jpg
(Disregard the date stamp as my camera batteries had died and I forgot to reset the date and time.)

Hunter is about to turn 14, is the last (but certainly not least) of our two amazing children, the apple of his grandmother's eye, our family comedian and magician, and a sensitive soul. He is a teenager of many talents and can play the acoustic guitar, the electric guitar, the keyboard and his favorite, the viola. He is second chair in orchestra and has won awards for his playing. Hunter is also our "surprise" child. You know what I am talking about....the child that comes along 10 years after your first one....the one that you never ever thought you'd have. Yeah, he's all that but we love him and decided that we'll keep him.:rotfl:

Photo0752.jpg

Also along for the ride over the river and through the woods is my mother, Edna. Mama, a/k/a Mamaw, is a fabulous spry 77 year old, loving mother and grandmother, active member of the Prime Time group at our church and a great big ole worry-wart. If there's anything out there worth worrying about, you can bet your last dollar, that she's going to fret over it. She often joins us when we go out to eat, go shopping, to the movies or on weekend trips. I do believe that, should John and I ever split up, she'd kick me to the curb and keep John as her own. Lisa who?:lmao:

Photo0767.jpg

So, that's the gang. I will post more details about the when, where and why (as if there needs to be a reason:rolleyes1) as soon as possible. John has an appointment with a new neurologist this afternoon out of town so I may not be back until tomorrow to post.

**I tend to get a bit chatty or go off subject. If you don't want to skip the chatter, here are the links to actual installments:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40703883&postcount=1

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40719457&postcount=30

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40729074&postcount=39

I'm here!!!! Now I have to catch up on the current TR since I'm back from Florida. :sad2:

Hi Lisa! Great start! Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Hope John makes out ok at the neurologist today! BTW, how is Hunter doing? Hope all is well! :thumbsup2

Yay! I'm so glad you got this started and I can read it as you go. Lucky you to be going again in just a couple months, I'm not going back til sometime next year I think.

Hope Hunter is doing better!

Yay! Pre-trip report!!!!

Can't wait to hear your plans!!!!

So, are you going to be able to cram everything in here before your trip?!!?

:rotfl2:

Hope everyone is doing well! Good luck to John with the new neurologist! And Hunter and his friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello there! Lisa
I'm subbing in but will have to come back! busy busy but did not want to miss your start!
Have a great afternoon! :sunny:
:wave2:

Great to see you started your PTR, looking forward to hearing about your plans. Good luck with the new Neurologist. My DH has been through a couple new ones in the recent past as well, that initial visit is always fun.

I'm here too! I can't wait to hear your plans especially because we will be checking in June 5th right around when your leaving and we've never been in the summer befor.

I am joining in on the fun. You never know when I might appear since we will be there the same time!! Can't wait to get there. :wave2:

I am here!! Boy my internet goes down for one lousy night and I am on the 2nd page!! :rotfl:

Hope the new doc visit went well! Last night we had a band banquet for Madison at Mississippi College and parked next to the big, silver "golfball". Madison made a comment about it and it made me think of your picture! :goodvibes

I'm here!!!! Now I have to catch up on the current TR since I'm back from Florida. :sad2:

Ding ding ding! You're fist!

Hi Lisa! Great start! Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Hope John makes out ok at the neurologist today! BTW, how is Hunter doing? Hope all is well! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'll post about John's doctor's visit when I get through with replies. Hunter is doing well. As he and Lacey were leaving the school the other day, the little boy's funeral procession passed by. Lacey said he got pretty quiet and a bit emotional. The boy was supposed to go with the orchestra to Branson, Missouri at the end of this month and Hunter said he's sad that he won't be going with them.

Yay! I'm so glad you got this started and I can read it as you go. Lucky you to be going again in just a couple months, I'm not going back til sometime next year I think.

Hope Hunter is doing better!

Welcome! John asked if we were ever going to go anywhere else on vacation. I just looked at him funny and put my hand on his forehead to see if he had fever.:laughing:

woo who pre trip time. :)

Finally! It took me long enough to get it started.

Yay! Pre-trip report!!!!

Can't wait to hear your plans!!!!

So, are you going to be able to cram everything in here before your trip?!!?

:rotfl2:

Hope everyone is doing well! Good luck to John with the new neurologist! And Hunter and his friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honey, I hope I can fit it all in before we actually leave. It'll be a miracle if I do.:rolleyes:

Hello there! Lisa
I'm subbing in but will have to come back! busy busy but did not want to miss your start!
Have a great afternoon! :sunny:
:wave2:

Welcome aboard! It's been busy around out house too. Plus, I can't make myself sit in front of a computer on the weekends when it's been so pretty outside.

Hey...wanted to be sure I was in on this! I'll be back to read later!

Glad that you're here Missy!

:yay: I'm here. The rush of a new trip, nothing like it:goodvibes

Carey

Tell me about it! We have got so much going on around our house that I can't seem to fit it all in. Luckily, I can post during my work hours.:rolleyes1

I'm here!

And I'm glad that you are! :thumbsup2 I know that you've been super busy with the wedding plans. Hope that your mother is doing better.

I followed your last Trip report and am subbing in! (instead of lurking):goodvibes

So glad that you decided not to just lurk. I like to hear other people's thoughts on my plans.

Count me in! Can't wait to hear more..

Welcome! I hope to get another installment posted today.....that is if my boss doesn't bother me too doggone much.

Great to see you started your PTR, looking forward to hearing about your plans. Good luck with the new Neurologist. My DH has been through a couple new ones in the recent past as well, that initial visit is always fun.

I can't believe it took me so long to start. Well, I guess I can since our household has been a madhouse lately.

I hate changing doctors especially when your old one was so nice.

I'm here too! I can't wait to hear your plans especially because we will be checking in June 5th right around when your leaving and we've never been in the summer befor.

I hate that we are just going to miss each other. Maybe one day our plans will overlap.

Hi Lisa,
All your reports are great! count me in!! :thumbsup2

Welcome! Thanks so much for the compliment.

I am here!! Boy my internet goes down for one lousy night and I am on the 2nd page!! :rotfl:

Hope the new doc visit went well! Last night we had a band banquet for Madison at Mississippi College and parked next to the big, silver "golfball". Madison made a comment about it and it made me think of your picture! :goodvibes

Hey! I can't believe that you actually got to park by the big, silver "golfball". Every time we pass it, we think of Epcot.

I am joining in on the fun. You never know when I might appear since we will be there the same time!! Can't wait to get there. :wave2:

Glad to see you here! If you see me in the parks, please stop and say hi!

I can't believe I'm so late to the party. I can't wait to hear all about your trip plans, though!!! :)

Yeah, PTR started!

Now I need to go back and read.

edit: Love the photos you chose for the intro!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter