Over 50 and love WDW

Also a member of the over 50 club. 56 1/2 to be exact.:lmao: I also am a happy grandma to a beautiful (of course), 14 month old Grandson. He is going on his first Disney trip in about 2 1/2 weeks. People ask me what are you going to do with a 14 month old at disney. "Hey this trip is for me". He, his mom & dad and his aunt, uncle and grandpa are all just tagging along. I get to have fun with him at the POR pools and playground and hopefully watch his face light up when he sees his buddy Mickey. He loves watching Mickeys Playhouse. He has a 9 word vocabulary and believe it or not, one of those words is "Mickey".::MickeyMo
Any way, back on track. DH (57) and I love our trips to Disney. We are there at least once a year. If DH had it his way, we'd do the trip 2 or 3 times every year. We usually spend 1 or 2 days in the parks and the rest of the time doing all sorts of "Disney" things or just relax by one of the quiet pools and soak in the atmosphere.:wizard:

We are 49 and 48 so we will be there soon... we go nearly every year sometimes twice, and we have an 8 year old daughter. We've been going since just after we got married 25 years ago!

Count me in! I too grew up watching "Uncle Walt" on Sunday nights and dreaming of a chance to visit DL. Well the dream turned into WDW and I was already married and in my twenties, but all it took was that first trip and I was hooked!

I love going to WDW whenever with whoever, kids and grandkids, but I do have to say that the trips with just DH and I are the best.
I think that our kids sometimes get annoyed with us because of our frequent trips, sans them. Its like that very old Disney commercial with the older mom talking on the phone to one of her kids:

Mom-"Yes I know how much you like Disney and that your father and I use to always take you with us, but I don't think your wife and kids would like it very much if you came this time."

Other end of phone shows middle age man sighing into the phone "Okay".

Thats pretty much the reaction we get everytime we annouce another trip to the world. We are tentively planning one for the end of Oct. for just us and of course expect the same reception, never mind we were all just there in July and plan another family trip for March 09!

Obviously there is an inheritable Disney Gene!

My mom is 65 and LOVES Disney! Our last trip she hadn't been in almost 15 years. When we stepped off the boat from WL to MK she looked at my brother with teas in her eyes and said, "I just love this place so much." He laughed at her - I understood!

I'm 55 and going back with DH (60) in September! We'll be accompanied by two of my children (DS 24, DD 20), who are definitely part of the next generation of lovers of the World! DD (17) is starting college so won't be with us this time, but she really never caught the "fever" anyway, possibly because many of her trips required "work" (cheerleading competitions or marching band trips). Looking forward to passing the vibe on to grandchildren some day.

I'm going to turn "50" at Disneyworld--how's that for a great birthday present--it's the only place i want to be that day:cool1: love it

DH and I were 43 and 48 when we first went to WDW and are now 55 & 60. At home we're respectable teachers but at Disney we just love being silly kids again!!! That's one of the great beauties of it for us - I wear outrageous clothes I'd never be seen in at home, dye my hair purple (the sun bleaches it out pretty quickly before we get home!! :rotfl2:) and just jump right into the magic! Our kids are grown up of course but they love it as much as we do. You do have to be able to let go and let your inner child out to get the most out of Disney!!

Just celebrated the big 5 0 at WDW 1 1/2 weeks ago :woohoo:
AP holder a CDL for about 18 yrs before moving to FL now AP here, guess that sorta qualifies :cool1:

just me

:surfweb:

I am over 65 and have been going to Disney at least one or two times a year since 1974. Can't get enough:banana:

My our next Disney trip - a quick trip to DL - we will be 54 and 53 (yes, last year I married a YOUNGER man!!!). We have over 60 Disney trips between us....easier to accumulate that number when we had years of Disney trips before we met!

I have loved reading this thread. Someone back on page 2 made me cry <gasp> when I read their words about stepping onto the parks and knowing you had been there years before at the exact same place.

It made perfect sense to me that perhaps my need for WDW and the familiarity of it is that I do not have any other place that is like that for me. I'm an air force brat and went to 3 different high schools. Even as an adult we have moved quite a bit with hubby's job. Mom died years ago and even dad has kept on moving. So stepping back into the WDW is like going home in many aspects. I have my favorite friends to visit (Mickey, Donald) I have favorite neighbors's houses I like to visit on the rides.

Heck, they even throw a parade and fireworks show in my honor when I'm back. :)

And thanks for the warm welcome and the recognition of my (pogo) avatar. I love Pogo too! (Amazing I get any work done offline!)

Edited to add: My last few years I've taken my grown daughter with me. DH doesn't like coasters so unless we are in a large group, our WDW needs are totally different when we are in the park. I'm trying to change that and make him a coaster/ride rider but afte 32 years I've discovered that I can't change him. Imagine that!

Another member of the 50's club here. DH and I are just 50. We have been visiting WDW since 1982. Did many trips with our two boys. But now that they are out of the household, DH and I still visit WDW at least twice a year. We are DVC members. The first trip without kids was a little strange, but now I would not have it any other way. We have about 8 trips now with just the two of us. We have a blast every time. I just love the feeling of being a kid again. Oh, and it's less expensive with two instead of four!!!!:rotfl:

Hubby and I are both 55 and have been going to WDW since 1985 when boys were 8 and 5. We were going for the first time this Christmas by ourselves, but when the boys(now grown) found out about our plans they decided to fly over for a long weekend. Sadly, work now takes preference in their lives. We usually camp at Fort Wilderness, so there's always room for extras.Oh, we also bought annual passes last May; therefore, there may be another trip in the early spring of '09.

We are 55 and 54 and bought into the retirement village (OKW) in 2006, complete with AP's making multiple trips a year! Ain't it great!:cool1:

This kind of thread is usually on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

Thanks! :blush: I'm sorta new to posting here and didn't realize this area was here. :bonk:

We're 59 and 61, started our marriage (honeymoon) in 1971 at WDW. We're had 5 children and numerous trips. Went by ourselves in 2006 for our 35th and we're heading back November for our 37th. WDW was the beginning of a good thing!!

I joined the group 11 years ago. The last time I had been to WDW was when my son was 16 and daughter was 11. It wasn't because I didn't want to go, but life got in the way.

Anyway, fast forward to 1992. We were blessed with a beautiful granddaughter. As soon as she turned 4, we took her for her first trip to WDW. We had a wonderful time and a year later, we took her again. This has been the ritual till she turned 14. She got "too old" to be seen with Gram and Papa. It was a sad time for me. However, my daughter gave us two more granddaughters in 1996! So now I take them to WDW each year! I am going to continue going with the girls till they reach that "horrible age" and then I am going to start taking their baby brother!!

Us too, Us Too!!! My wonderful dad took me to DL in 1957 when I was two. (Yes, DL and I are the same age!) My DH took me to WDW in 1975 for our honeymoon (waaay before that was a thing:) and we have been going ever since with kids, in-laws, etc. Just keeps getting better! 18 DAYS!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter