Outside the Parks Swap Complete

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
This is the interest thread for the Outside the Parks Swap. It will become the sig-up thread and eventually the progress thread. The information will be in this post, the groups in the next and the third post will be for the players list.

Sign-ups will be Monday, May 9 at 9:00 am est

Due date will be June 27

Required check-ins will be:
May 13 - verify groups
May 26
June 10 -detailed check-in with expected mail date
June 20 -mail by date
June 27 -Due date

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 4 groups.

This is a small swap-there are 2 different types of groups listed:
-- The first set is for 2-inch embellished letters to spell a word or phrase.
-- The second set is for single elements.
-- If there's interest in 4-inch letter groups, I can add those as well.

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency). *If I have EVER swapped with you before, I have your info, and don't need you to resend it (unless it has changed).

Altered Letters-Make your letter(s) 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative and use colors that represent your group selection.

Single element groups - choose an element from the list. List your element as soon as you can to avoid duplicates. If you choose paper piecing, please state what you are making as soon as you know becau
se we can have more than one paper piecing.

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, altered CD.
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc or mini paper piecings) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches (NOT A CHOICE FOR MINI KIT)
1 Border - 12x2 inches and able to be cut down to 11 inches in length - 2 layers and embellished.

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photomat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

*Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close). PLEASE use a bag that closes. Bags that do not close make the sorting harder than it needs to be. One piece falls out of a bag and then I have to check every bag to see where it goes. Label your bag with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
Erin Palys
Group A

For Letters:Bag each set. Example: You are in Group A and are making a D. Put your D's in 4 different bags. Then put the 4 bags into a quart size bag. (Like bagging elements) If you are making 2 letters for your group, put both letters in the same bag, then put the bags all into a quart size bag.

For Elements: Put your item in a baggie that fits your element. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.

Mailing:
* You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after June 20. Then mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
* I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $5.20, Medium/Standard box – $10.95, Large - $14.95. *Please note the recent increase in shipping rates.*
* If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70 and the filled out DC form.
* Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
* DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope you have lots of fun with this swap!!

2" letter groups:

A. Mini Golf (each swapper chooses 2 letters - one from each word) FULL Make 4

1. disney-akj - M, G
2. NemoMom07 - I, O
3. wdwmickey - I, F
4. LM3K - N, L

B. Goofy's Candy Co. (each swapper chooses 1 word) FULL Make 3

1. LM3K - Candy
2. wdwmickey - Goofy's
3. MusicalDisneyDreams - Company

C. Lego (each swapper chooses 1 letter) FULL Make 4

1. LM3K - E
2. catinthehat - G
3. wdwmickey - O
4. NemoMom07 - L

D. Once Upon a Toy (each swapper chooses 3 letters) FULL Make 4

1. LM3K - O, U, A
2. catinthehat - N, P, T
3. wdwmickey - C, O, O
4. LM3K - E, N, Y

E. Pool (each swapper chooses 1 letter) FULL Make 4

1. disney-akj - P
2. LM3K - O
3. catinthehat - O
4. SIOH - L

G. Magical Express (each swapper chooses 3 letters, one does icon) FULL Make 5

1. LM3K - M, A, R
2. catinthehat - A, L, E
3. MDD - G, E, S
4. wdwmickey - I, X, S
5. SIOH - C, P, icon

H. Airport (each swapper chooses 2 letters and one makes an icon) FULL Make 5

1. LM3K - A, icon
2. wdwmickey - I, icon
3. SIOH - R, O
4. catinthehat - P, R
5. MDD - icon, T

Single Element Groups:

AA. Winter Summerland FULL Make 4

1. LM3K - tags
2. bigsis - inchies
3. JohnsonsLoveDisney - piecing
4. Nemomom07 - mats

BB. Fantasia Gardens FULL Make 3

1. wdwmickey - shapes
2. LM3K - mats
3. MDD - title

CC. Downtown Disney General FULL Make 5

1. LM3K - title
2. catinthehat - tags
3. MDD - mats
4. wdwmickey - slides
5. JohnsonsLoveDisney - inchies

DD. Goofy's Candy Company FULL Make 6

1. LM3K - shapes
2. catinthehat - boxes
3. MDD - clips
4. wdwmickey - mats
5. bigsis - license plate
6. JohnsonsLoveDisney - piecing

EE. Characters in Flight FULL Make 3

1. wdwmickey - mats
2. LM3K - Piecing
3. MDD - shapes

FF. T-Rex FULL Make 2

1. LM3K - tags
2. JohnsonsLoveDisney - title

GG. Rainforest Cafe FULL Make 2

1. LM3K - mat & box
2. bigsis - inchies

HH. Lego Store FULL Make 5

1. LM3K - title
2. catinthehat - tags
3. JohnsonsLoveDisney - mats
4. NemoMom07 - shapes
5. ckmom97 - slide mounts

II. Once Upon a Toy FULL Make 2

1. LM3K - tags
2. catinthehat - shapes

MM. Wintery Scene Photo Op FULL Make 2

1. LM3K - mats
2. wdwmickey - shapes

NN. Pool (Resort) FULL Make 3

1. disney-akj -
2. LM3K - tags
3. catinthehat - mat & box

OO. Resort Room FULL Make 4

1. disney-akj - title
2. LM3K -
3. catinthehat - tags
4. wdwmickey - clips

PP. Blizzard Beach FULL Make 4

1. disney-akj - library pocket
2. bigsis - license plate
3. ckmom97 - slide mounts
4. LM3K - tags

QQ. Typhoon Lagoon FULL Make 4

1. disney-akj - title
2. bigsis - license plate
3. ckmom97 - tags
4. LM3K -

RR. Disney Quest FULL Make 2

1. catinthehat -
2. LM3K - title

VV. Airport FULL Make 5

1. LM3K - tags
2. catinthehat - shapes
3. wdwmickey - piecing
4. bigsis - title
5. MDD - mats

WW. Magical Express FULL Make 6

1. LM3K - mats
2. catinthehat -
3. wdwmickey - tags
4. bigsis - title
5. JohnsonsLoveDisney -
6. MDD - boxes

Players / Groups

bigsis - AA, DD, GG, PP, QQ, VV, WW

catinthehat - C, D, E, G, H, CC, DD, HH, II, NN, OO, RR, VV, WW

ckmom97 - HH, PP, QQ

disney-akj - A, E, NN, OO, PP, QQ

JohnsonsLoveDisney - AA, CC, DD, FF, HH, WW :banana:

LM3K - A, A, B, C, D, D, E, G, H, AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, HH, II, MM, NN, OO, PP, QQ, RR, VV, WW

MDD - B, G, H, BB, CC, DD, EE, VV, WW :banana:

NemoMom07 - A, C, AA, HH

SIOH - E, G, H

wdwmickey - A, B, C, D, G, H, BB, CC, DD, EE, MM, OO, VV, WW :banana:

Check-ins:

May 13 - verify groups

May 26 - status

June 10 - detailed status, mailing estimate

June 20 - mail date

June 27 - due date

:moped: On it's way to me

:banana: I have

:car: On it's way to you

:love: You have

Oh...sounds instersting...The question is do I have time for another swap right now?! lol

You could always add MCO Airport, Magical Express, Water Pagent, and/or Campfire (with Chip and Dale).

Oh...sounds instersting...The question is do I have time for another swap right now?! lol

You could always add MCO Airport, Magical Express, Water Pagent, and/or Campfire (with Chip and Dale).

Ahhhh....good thinking!!! I like those suggestions!

I don't think I will be joining this one...the photos I did take of DTD are only a few, didn't do the other things and already have things for the pool photos and DTD from other swaps

I didn't think I would have enough photos to play, but, since you added more groups :rolleyes1 I'll be in at least a few groups :flower3:

I don't think I will be joining this one...the photos I did take of DTD are only a few, didn't do the other things and already have things for the pool photos and DTD from other swaps

Boooooo!! What about the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique ones????

I'd be interested :)

Yay!!!!

I didn't think I would have enough photos to play, but, since you added more groups :rolleyes1 I'll be in at least a few groups :flower3:

Woohoo!!!! How about Rachel? I know you want to limit her because she is busy, but it isn't due until after school is out!!??

I think she has already cropped most of the stuff that's listed. We don't do much outside the parks but DTD. I'll check with her tonight.

You're trying to guilt me into playing, aren't you? ;)

I actually do think there are a few groups I could use, though. I have two trips worth of DTD to do, but that's all I can use. I will definitely be able to use it, though. :goodvibes

This board is full of enablers....... just saying!!! I might have to join a few groups. Not too many, but maybe a few :goodvibes

You're trying to guilt me into playing, aren't you? ;)

I actually do think there are a few groups I could use, though. I have two trips worth of DTD to do, but that's all I can use. I will definitely be able to use it, though. :goodvibes

I'm just sayin'....I'll miss you if you aren't with us!! But, if you can't use these things...I understand...sorta. Nah......I'll beg if I have to!!!!!!! LOL

This board is full of enablers....... just saying!!! I might have to join a few groups. Not too many, but maybe a few :goodvibes

Who, me????!!! :rolleyes1

Michelle - you make awesome pieces and can imagine some great things coming from you for these groups...but, you don't have to join if you don't want to. I could go for a good cry anyway. :sad2:

Is this working you guys??!! :rotfl2: I expect to see all of you May 9th!!

you two are so funny :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I went back and looked over the groups and my photos....I don't need anything from this swap....

but I will be an angel if you need one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!