Outside Food In Disneyland?

abby4

Earning My Ears
Our friends just came back from Disneyland and they told us that there were picnic areas in the park that they were encouraged to use when bringing in their own food. This sounds weird to me and I was wondering if anybody else had heard or experienced this?

There is a picnic area inside the Esplanade area by the outside lockers to the left of the entrance gates to DL. If you take snack and drink items in the parks you can eat those anywhere. But should you want to pick up lunch and bring it to the parks, the ask you leave it in the lockers and eat in the Esplanade picnic area....someone correct me if this info is no longer valid....

Last time we were there, a CM was telling people eeating in the Mickey statue area (some standing) to feel free to use the tables at the place with the piano on the corner (can't remember what place that is). No one seemed to believe him, so he said it again & again until people finally took him up on his offer. I would ask before I sat at a table, though, in case that has changed.

We buy our meals at Disneyland, but always take tons of snacks and water into the park, and the only comments I've ever had at the security check are along the lines of "looks yummy".

We buy our meals at Disneyland, but always take tons of snacks and water into the park, and the only comments I've ever had at the security check are along the lines of "looks yummy".
Yeah pretty much the same here. I think that they expect this...especially with kids. :teeth:

We always bring sandwiches, snacks, etc. with us. Since we're local, DL is a day of fun rather than a vacation so we aren't interested in finding great or unique food. I always bring sandwiches, juice boxes, water, and some snacks. My kids are 3 and 7 - eating a PB&J in line or while waiting for a parade has always appealed to them more than taking time out for a meal. If we need a place to sit, we usually opt for a bench so we can watch people rather than sit in a designated dining area. Of course, we always find a yummy snack. They are hooked on Mickey shaped ice cream. If we are still in the park for dinner, we buy something then. I've never brought a cooler. Just used the backpack and/or stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter