OutDaughtered TV Show Going on a DCL Cruise

I tried watching but get turned off by all the obvious acting. Like the brother dropping in that they need a vacation followed by them discussing where to go at the kitchen table (like it hasn’t already been decided by TLC). Please don’t treat us like total idiots, just say “the great people at DCL invited us for an awesome vacation”.

I know it’s common with “reality tv” and it’s all for production and entertainment, just a bit annoying and fake.
I agree. And I certainly hope no one new to DCL thinks that the experiences they had are common to everyone.

I look forward to watching this tonight, especially since they are on the Dream and we are going to be on it in a few weeks!! I'm hoping my DD (1st cruise & 1st time leaving the USA) will get super excited after seeing the ship she is going to be on soon. I hope the kids and their parents had a wonderful time. :rainbow: princess::earsgirl::earsboy:
OK... my DD didn't want to watch the show last night because "it would ruin the surprise" for her. LOL! To each their own I suppose and good for her wanting to experience it first hand and be surprised. After I watched it I was actually glad she didn't watch it with me. She would be mighty disappointed on our trip (in a few weeks) to not also have a cabana and private alone time with the characters like this lucky family had. While our time will be magical and wonderful I am glad to know she doesn't know any better yet. Whew! LOL!

OK... my DD didn't want to watch the show last night because "it would ruin the surprise" for her. LOL! To each their own I suppose and good for her wanting to experience it first hand and be surprised. After I watched it I was actually glad she didn't watch it with me. She would be mighty disappointed on our trip (in a few weeks) to not also have a cabana and private alone time with the characters like this lucky family had. While our time will be magical and wonderful I am glad to know she doesn't know any better yet. Whew! LOL!

That's how travel used to be BEFORE the internet...lots of surprises! Of course, not all were good. :-)

Cake Boss family did a vow renewal on The Dream when it was pretty new.
They had the works, nothing an ordinary couple would get. There reception was held in Cabana's.
When I had my vow renewal on The Magic in 2012, there really wasn't a true reception available.
You had a champagne toast and cut the cake.
But it was a big Disney commercial, then couples inquire and get disappointed they can't have that.

I mentioned to my mom that we just missed them. We were on Feb 10-14 Wonder, rather than 11-15 Dream! She was very happy we dodged that bullet (she thought the girls were cute as babies but pretty bratty now).

I liked watching just for the "Disney fix" but agree it was unrealistic - from the BIL suggesting the vacation, to Hazel "picking" it, to the timeline, to the lack of anyone else around in many scenes.

But I am glad
not to move! They really need family around.

I liked watching just for the "Disney fix" but agree it was unrealistic - from the BIL suggesting the vacation, to Hazel "picking" it, to the timeline, to the lack of anyone else around in many scenes.

Oh my gosh, I completely agree. I love this show but knowing how a DCL vacation 'works'.....everything about it seem too phoney and staged. Uncle Dale saying "ha, it's ok Buzz (meaning Adam) can pay for it." As IF. TLC picked up the tab 100%.

They were suppose to be enjoying the cruise but it seemed like the whole time they were talking about the job In Dallas. Enjoy your cruise even thou the cruise was free.

Oh my gosh, I completely agree. I love this show but knowing how a DCL vacation 'works'.....everything about it seem too phoney and staged. Uncle Dale saying "ha, it's ok Buzz (meaning Adam) can pay for it." As IF. TLC picked up the tab 100%.

I highly doubt that TLC picked up the tab 100 percent. My guess is the DCL gave them a free cruise and others in their family.

I highly doubt that TLC picked up the tab 100 percent. My guess is the DCL gave them a free cruise and others in their family.
Yes, agree. Assuming the Busby's paid for the Cabana and the BBB, etc. Still, those are incidentals compared to what the cost of the cruise would have been. The Busby's themselves had two connecting Deluxe Family oceanview with verandah cabins due to the sheer size of their family.

I enjoy the program because they seem like a nice family. Good friends and family support. They appear to genuinely love one another. Not like the Jon and Kate fiasco. Anyone could see from day one where that was headed, lol. All that being said, of course it appears to be staged at times. I believe all so called "reality shows" are staged to some extent. We were in restaurant in Brandenton Fl, when an episode of Siesta Key was being filmed. We were told before we were seated (in case you didn't want to sit near them). It is entirely staged. They had parts of dialogue repeated, because of so called "continuity". A glass was a lower level of water than the previous shot. A person who was quietly weeping at the table during what appeared to be a serious conversation, was laughing when they would break to adjust lighting, make up or other changes.

I agree with the PP, they do seem like a very nice family and they are chill with those kids. I don't know how they can handle five three-year-olds; having had three of them, at different times, was bad enough! Those girls are barely more than toddlers and behave like, surprise, three-year-olds. My younger daughters have not yet been on DCL (we're taking care of that in November!) and so I warned them it would not be like this when they were on the ship! Overall it seemed like a nice family vacation and I'm enjoyed the show, though seeing Hazel trying to watch the show was heartbreaking.

I agree with the PP, they do seem like a very nice family and they are chill with those kids. I don't know how they can handle five three-year-olds; having had three of them, at different times, was bad enough! Those girls are barely more than toddlers and behave like, surprise, three-year-olds. My younger daughters have not yet been on DCL (we're taking care of that in November!) and so I warned them it would not be like this when they were on the ship! Overall it seemed like a nice family vacation and I'm enjoyed the show, though seeing Hazel trying to watch the show was heartbreaking.
Aw, I agree about Hazel, the poor baby. Her vision struggle broke my heart as well. I'm glad overall that they had a nice time. They are a sweet family.

I watched just to see the ship ...I have seen the show before though.

Being on the ship before you know everything is out order...lol plus things were done just for them. I don’t think I have seen all the characters on the beach at one time. Or getting to see the princesses after BBB, with no one around. Maybe it was a port day.

The girls were so cute all dressed up.

Hazel did break my heart when she couldn’t see with out the glasses.

If I’m remembering correctly, the beginning of the show it appeared that they booked a cruise three weeks before sailing. Huh. And they had a cabana on CC as first timers. Yep. DCL and TLC arranged that cruise for sure. I cannot imagine how much that cost for a 26 person group!

They called it a 'Dream' vacation. I called it a 'Fantasy' knowing all I do about the logistics of planning a Disney cruise and getting one of those coveted cabanas. From what I heard on another social media site, they didn't have just have one cabana, but 3 or 4. Truly a fantasy :)

I agree. And I certainly hope no one new to DCL thinks that the experiences they had are common to everyone.

Right??? I had that thought too. I'm hoping it doesn't build up people's expectations too much when they sail for the first time. I know how disappointing it can be when you are super excited to book something on your trip and do not get it because you sailing DCL for the first time.

I will say I'm surprised they weren't concierge. I highly anticipated seeing them in a 1 bedroom connecting to a family concierge room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!