Out of State Travelers Planning Thread- Disneyland Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have gone and cancelled our July trip over from England and pushed it 12 months, it may sound ridiculous to some but it was all so stressful constantly worrying if the trip would go ahead or not.
Here's hoping 2022 is totally different and things have returned to normal, it would be heaven to walk down main street again and hopefully without a mask on.

That's so frustrating! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will look more normal by next year :)

Who knows? We could be surprised in the coming weeks and the restriction could be lifted sooner. I'm happy we have this thread so any new information can be shared.

And for those that want to remain optimistic, it's helpful to remember they're still negotiating with the theme parks.... maybe things will change sooner than we think. Plus if we do see new CDC guidance come out for vaccinated people regarding travel that might have a trickle down effect on state's remaining travel advisories. 🤞

In CO our vaccination rates are moving quickly, our governor claims by April 1st everyone who wants one will be able to get one. I'm in the high risk phase (cancer survivor) and I was notified the day that phase went into action that I could go get mine. Things will get better!

Tips on reading government requirements documents:
Shall, will, must, required, prohibited -- the following actions are required and must be followed
Should, encouraged, may, discouraged, avoid, recommend -- the following actions are not required. Do whatever you want.
Strongly, x miles -- meaningless fluff. I mean, really, 120 miles? The only thing more random and meaningless would be 119.835901 miles.

So, the requirements from BadPinkTink's post are:
1) You must fill out a form if passing through three specific ports of entry. If you are coming through any other point of entry, you're good to go.
2) The USA border is closed to foreigners. Except when it isn't.

When it comes to Disneyland Christmas even if we don't have fireworks or parades (I think we'd see those return at WDW before DL sadly...) I really, really hope we get this. 😍 Our last time at Disneyland was Christmas 2019 and my son told me on our last day he wanted to just ride HM as many times as possible... so we rode it six times that day lol!

I think non-CA residents might benefit from their own space to discuss their Disneyland trip planning, speculations, etc. without worrying about stepping on any toes. If folks could respect that, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it!

When are you all hoping to come? I was originally hoping for summer but have adjusted to December in hopes that gives me enough time to plan. I'm debating just booking a room while prices look decent but I'm also wondering if staying on-site will come with its own perks that might justify cost....

We have a trip planned June 1- June 10. I don’t quite understand this travel advisory. Is it enforced? Will they arrest us like Hawaii did? We will be fully vaccinated, so quite frankly I find the quarantine offensive. I wish we could show proof of vaccination and go back to life as normal. Wishful thinking, I know! Anyway, I need to figure this all out before deciding if we are coming. If the theme parks aren’t accepting out of state visitors, we will use Newport Beach as our home base, rent a house on the beach, and do everything else we love in Southern California, including seeing friends in San Diego who are also vaccinated.

If we can go to the theme parks, we may just do Knotts and stay one night in a Snoopy room and the rest in Newport. We fell in love with Knotts last fall during their Halloween festival and Taste of Merry Wood. I’m not sure about Disneyland. We may save that for when life is more normal. We may also spend some time in San Diego.

We have a trip planned June 1- June 10. I don’t quite understand this travel advisory. Is it enforced? Will they arrest us like Hawaii did? We will be fully vaccinated, so quite frankly I find the quarantine offensive. I wish we could show proof of vaccination and go back to life as normal. Wishful thinking, I know! Anyway, I need to figure this all out before deciding if we are coming. If the theme parks aren’t accepting out of state visitors, we will use Newport Beach as our home base, rent a house on the beach, and do everything else we love in Southern California, including seeing friends in San Diego who are also vaccinated.

If we can go to the theme parks, we may just do Knotts and stay one night in a Snoopy room and the rest in Newport. We fell in love with Knotts last fall during their Halloween festival and Taste of Merry Wood. I’m not sure about Disneyland. We may save that for when life is more normal. We may also spend some time in San Diego.

CA is not enforcing any of it right now from what I can tell. No comparison to the measures that Hawaii has taken.

And for those that want to remain optimistic, it's helpful to remember they're still negotiating with the theme parks.... maybe things will change sooner than we think. Plus if we do see new CDC guidance come out for vaccinated people regarding travel that might have a trickle down effect on state's remaining travel advisories. 🤞

In CO our vaccination rates are moving quickly, our governor claims by April 1st everyone who wants one will be able to get one. I'm in the high risk phase (cancer survivor) and I was notified the day that phase went into action that I could go get mine. Things will get better!
Where are you seeing that theme parks are still negotiating with the state? Not arguing it - I just haven’t seen that anywhere.

congrats on becoming eligible for the vaccine!! 😍

And to get back on topic I agree with your other statement. I see advisories & restrictions being lifted sooner rather than later with more people getting vaccinated. I cannot wait to get back to my happy place.

I was really really hoping to go to DLR in June (from Colorado) but it looks like we'll be sticking with our traditional first week of November trip. Last year we went to WDW instead and it was super fun, but we do love DLR so much more and can't wait to get back there. In February we were going back and forth if we should go back to WDW in early May, or wait for DLR, and we decided to wait for DLR, only to get the in-state only news a few weeks later. I understand the logic but it's sure disappointing. Now I'm going back and forth if I should try to remain hopeful that the out-of-state ban will be lifted sooner than later, or just plan for November and let it go until then. Last fall stalking the news on DLR potential reopening was not good for my sanity!

It’s in the State’s hands now, so if DL is CA residents only, Knotts will be too. But as far as the rest, there are no consequences to not quarantining. You don’t have to show proof of anything. It’s nothing like Hawaii. People have been coming and going from CA for months- they just won’t be doing so for Theme Parks.

It’s in the State’s hands now, so if DL is CA residents only, Knotts will be too. But as far as the rest, there are no consequences to not quarantining. You don’t have to show proof of anything. It’s nothing like Hawaii. People have been coming and going from CA for months- they just won’t be doing so for Theme Parks.

Yes, I realize Knotts is part of the ban on out of state residents as well. I’m just saying I think we may skip Disneyland, even if we’re able to go.

Thanks for the clarification! We are rule followers, but this quarantine is just stupid. I also think it’s incredibly arrogant of the state to even implement it..... it’s cool for California residents to travel all over the country, and go to other states without quarantining, it’s cool for California sports teams to invade Arizona for tournaments, and Las Vegas for fun; but residents from out of state must quarantine for ten days in California. Besides the fact that travel can be done safely......

So this is one rule we will probably break. I don’t know. Honestly reading all of these threads is giving me PTSD and now I don’t know if I even want to go back. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
congrats on becoming eligible for the vaccine!! 😍

And to get back on topic I agree with your other statement. I see advisories & restrictions being lifted sooner rather than later with more people getting vaccinated. I cannot wait to get back to my happy place.

I will laminate and wear my vaccine card around my neck if they ask.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Wishful thinking, I know!

I will laminate and wear my vaccine card around my neck if they ask.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Wishful thinking, I know!

I was so excited to get mine I kinda just want to do this anyways 😂😂😂 I practically skipped the whole way through the line like a total nut!

I just keep thinking if it's realistic that all people can be vaccinated by May 1st, like the current administration says, we're going to see more changes.

Thanks for starting this thread. Sorry you were being attacked on the other one and I'm glad they followed your suggestion and closed the thread.

We are in Utah and rescheduled so many hotel trips to CA in 2020 that we finally gave up and went to WDW in November. It felt so great to get off the California Rollercoaster and plan with certainty with FL. We're going to WDW again next month. We love WDW and have a great time there and could for every Disney trip going forward, but DL still holds our heart. So, when we need a Disney fix if DL is open to us we will definitely go there, otherwise we'll continue to head to Florida. I may get us a hotel reservation for this fall or Christmas for Disneyland just in case, but I'm not going to actively plan a trip to Anaheim until I know we can go.

We are about a 10-hour drive to Disneyland (I think about as far as the longest drive for a CA resident) so I really wasn't expecting to be able to go to DL when it reopened anyway based on the old 120-mile radius rule. The ones I really feel badly for are those who are a much shorter drive to DL than some CA residents. Hard to be 3-4 hours away and can't go but someone 10 hours away can. That said, if there has to be a geographic restriction, I think the one CA came up with is the best. It is much easier to limit attendance to residents of a particular state: pretty quick to prove CA residency. It would be a pain for DL to have to enforce a mileage restriction and confirm distance on every sale. That said, I admit I don't see the benefit of a geographic restriction on DL but not on shopping at DTD on Disney property. From my window, a more reasonable restriction is simply the operating capacity one and leave it at that--why impose geography at all? Disney is going to do a great job keeping guests and employees safe regardless. I expect the mask restrictions at WDW to stay long after FL asks for it (if FL is even asking for it anymore... lol).

I agree too that from Disney's perspective and getting back on their feet it doesn't matter where people come from--they will fill the limited-capacity parks. And local hotels may even be able to fill the approximately same limited- capacity % as DL. What really hurts the Anaheim economy is not where people are limited to come from but the fact that there are limits placed on DL attendance. Not having seen the numbers, I'm imagining Anaheim doesn't start the road to recovery until the local attractions are allowed 100% operation. I feel so badly for Anaheim and other cities in CA that depend on tourists. CA as a whole may be fine but some local economies have paid a heavy price.

Best wishes to everyone on getting their Disneyland fix as soon as possible!

We are in Utah and rescheduled so many hotel trips to CA in 2020 that we finally gave up and went to WDW in November. It felt so great to get off the California Rollercoaster and plan with certainty with FL. We're going to WDW again next month. We love WDW and have a great time there and could for every Disney trip going forward, but DL still holds our heart. So, when we need a Disney fix if DL is open to us we will definitely go there, otherwise we'll continue to head to Florida. I may get us a hotel reservation for this fall or Christmas for Disneyland just in case, but I'm not going to actively plan a trip to Anaheim until I know we can go.

I feel the same way, we love WDW and enjoy so many aspects of it... but Disneyland is special for my family. I'm planning for Disney World this summer and am going to loosely plan for a Disneyland Christmas. Once they open bookings for the on-site hotels, I might just do a split stay between GCH and an off-site one. It's hard to actively plan a trip without knowing what's what... it's frustrating. I had to cancel our Disneyland trip last year so many times that it just took a toll, I don't want to go through that again either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter