Out of State Travelers Planning Thread- Disneyland Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
I think non-CA residents might benefit from their own space to discuss their Disneyland trip planning, speculations, etc. without worrying about stepping on any toes. If folks could respect that, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it!

When are you all hoping to come? I was originally hoping for summer but have adjusted to December in hopes that gives me enough time to plan. I'm debating just booking a room while prices look decent but I'm also wondering if staying on-site will come with its own perks that might justify cost....

I am from Ireland, I currently have flights booked for June , a Disneyland 3 day one park ticket which is valid until January 2022 and a hotel in LA - Hilton Universal City walk.

I am waiting for the Prime Minister of Ireland to remove the travel restrictions and allow me to leave my county.

I am waiting for the President of USA to remove the Presidential Executive order and allow me to enter USA.

As soon as international travel is allowed I will be on a plane to California. If at that time, Disneyland is restricted to California residents, then I will just have to accept that I can't go. My plan is to go to LA and spend time with my friends who I havent seen since June 2019.

I am from Ireland, I currently have flights booked for June , a Disneyland 3 day one park ticket which is valid until January 2022 and a hotel in LA - Hilton Universal City walk.

I am waiting for the Prime Minister of Ireland to remove the travel restrictions and allow me to leave my county.

I am waiting for the President of USA to remove the Presidential Executive order and allow me to enter USA.

As soon as international travel is allowed I will be on a plane to California. If at that time, Disneyland is restricted to California residents, then I will just have to accept that I can't go. My plan is to go to LA and spend time with my friends who I havent seen since June 2019.

Here's hoping the travel restrictions are lifted soon for you! I'd be going nuts!

It's hard to discuss without diving into the political landscapes but I got the feeling from Biden's speech regarding the 4th of July as a date to 'hope for freedom from the virus' as a good attitude towards lifting restrictions?

Here's hoping the travel restrictions are lifted soon for you! I'd be going nuts!

It's hard to discuss without diving into the political landscapes but I got the feeling from Biden's speech regarding the 4th of July as a date to 'hope for freedom from the virus' as a good attitude towards lifting restrictions?

Its been a year since the travel restrictions began, currently I am not allowed to go more than 5km from my house for non essential reasons, including exercise.

It is what it is, while we are all in the same pandemic, we are not all in the same boat. I guess it must be hard for some people to accept that they are being told they cant do something by someone who is not their Governor.

If I want to be optimistic, I hope that the fact theme parks guidelines haven't been updated on the website yet (nor an official announcement yet from Disneyland) is indicative they're still working things out in negotiations. 🤞 Sometimes we need a little optimism.

Im not sure I'd want to switch my WDW trip to Disneyland though for summer even if I could go... it depends on Avengers Campus for us.. So planning for Christmas it is but I'd love to be able to start planning in a realistic way and not in a 'what if' way. That's half the fun for my family.

If I want to be optimistic, I hope that the fact theme parks guidelines haven't been updated on the website yet (nor an official announcement yet from Disneyland) is indicative they're still working things out in negotiations. 🤞 Sometimes we need a little optimism.

Im not sure I'd want to switch my WDW trip to Disneyland though for summer even if I could go... it depends on Avengers Campus for us.. So planning for Christmas it is but I'd love to be able to start planning in a realistic way and not in a 'what if' way. That's half the fun for my family.

At least you have the option to go to Walt Disney World, I don't. Disneyland Paris is also closed and even when it was open, I still couldnt go, due to not being allowed to leave my country.

Again, many people, all over the world have been living with very strict travel restrictions and Covid restrictions for almost a year. I guess it must be a shock to those who havent to be suddenly told Disneyland will be open but only to California residents.

At least you have the option to go to Walt Disney World, I don't. Disneyland Paris is also closed and even when it was open, I still couldnt go, due to not being allowed to leave my country.

Again, many people, all over the world have been living with very strict travel restrictions and Covid restrictions for almost a year. I guess it must be a shock to those who havent to be suddenly told Disneyland will be open but only to California residents.

I'm truly sorry for what you're going through but I hope you didn't follow me over here just to continue an argument I was trying to end peacefully and move on from.

I guess we have the ignore button for a reason... I suppose I'll start doing it... Never had to use it before on the Disneyland side of the boards though. :(

I'm truly sorry for what you're going through but I hope you didn't follow me over here just to continue an argument I was trying to end peacefully and move on from.
it is what it is is. You opened a new thread for out of state travelers planning to go to Disneyland. Well I don't live in California and I am planning to go to Disneyland. I have been following all the updates for the last number of months, posting about the travel restrictions into California, and things like the online form on LAX website. Theres alot of info I have posted over the last months for people who want to travel to California.

These restrictions to Disneyland should not be a big surprise to anyone who has kept up with whats been happening in California over the last few months.

Thank you for making this thread! I was hoping to go as soon as it reopened, but I don't think that'll be happening, unfortunately. I think we're going to plan for Christmastime. We'll probably end up going the week between Christmas and New Years, since that will be when all schedules line up.

I'm also watching for onsite. We've never stayed in any of the Disneyland hotels, but will probably splurge after more than a year away!

Thanks for making this thread! I'm from Canada so not only am I not a California resident, I have to wait for our border to reopen (technically we can still fly) and for our mandatory 14 day quarantine (which includes 3 days in a government appointed hotel) to be lifted. Sigh. Hoping by later this Fall. We have a 4 night Dream cruise for mid November but thinking of cancelling it and going to Disneyland that week. If not, maybe over Christmas. So as you can see my plans are tentative but I'm still trying to make some :thumbsup2

Thank you for starting this new thread! I’m in Washington and my 73 yo mom and I will be fully vaccinated on April 12. She lives with me which is why I got to get vaccinated earlier than others in my age group. I’ve been reading that health experts say the CDC guidelines still discouraging travel for vaccinated folks needs to change and I’m hopeful CA will lift their travel advisory soon with more vaccinations happening across the US. With that said we are tentatively planning/thinking early June and if that doesn’t work then September after Labor Day.

I am choosing to be optimistic this year since last year didn’t really offer a chance to feel that. 😍

Hi, thank you for starting this thread. I am from Reno, Nevada. While I can see both sides of the "California residents only" restriction for the theme parks, I feel heartbroken by it. I have no prediction for when the restriction will be lifted. Sometimes, I think it will be relatively soon and other times, I think it could be months or into next year. I would go to the parks, as soon as allowed, and as soon as I can score a reservation. I look forward to getting to know everyone on the thread and all of your ideas/reactions.

Thanks for starting this thread! We originally were hoping for a May trip, but booked WDW given it was more of a sure thing (this DL roller coaster is something! 😂)

As much as I want to get back (moved to east coast from LA in 2020 - missing ”home”), I’ve decided to wait until Christmas time in the hopes things are more stabilized (I fear they may have some capacity fluctuations if there is any movement back in the tiers), we can get multi-day reservation, others have reported back, etc.

It looks like everyone has the same idea: Christmas!! lol

Christmas time here we all come!!! 🎄🎄🎄

I love Disneyland at Christmas- it's my absolute favorite time to go! If we have to wait that long that's why I keep trying to talk myself into a splurge at the Grand Californian.... The budgeter in me is like "You're nuts!" but my frivolous side is like "Yolo!"

CDC guidelines still discouraging travel for vaccinated folks needs to change and I’m hopeful CA will lift their travel advisory soon with more vaccinations happening across the US.

I was hoping this too. I just got my first vaccine dose and I definitely feel more confident in traveling now. Same with anyone else I know that's been vaccinated- everyone wants to go somewhere! I keep seeing the term "revenge travel" being brought up on the WDW boards... the idea that the instant folks are vaccinated they're gonna travel!

While I can see both sides of the "California residents only" restriction for the theme parks, I feel heartbroken by it.

Me too. :grouphug:

Thanks for starting this thread! We have a Grand Californian 2 bedroom villa reserved May 8-11 and I'm not sure what we are going to do. I don't want to lose the points, but it will be hard to be that close without going into the parks. I have some time to figure it out! I will be watching this thread! Again, thanks for starting it!

I am hoping that the California resident restriction will be lifted at some point during summer. If not, we will plan for October. I still have tickets I am holding onto that I bought last February. We were supposed to be in Disneyland the day after it closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!