Our week is early march - what to do?

2rad4u

Mouseketeer
So, we're booked for early March at the Fort! It's just the wife and I this time and we want to experience as much as possible without tying ourselves down with reservations (meals and shows don't appeal to us).

What would you do with a 5 day hopper ticket going Saturday to Saturday?

Any advice would be appreciated.

That sounds like a good idea. I'd like to enjoy the Fort one day and it would make sense to do that on Friday. I was thinking of taking a break in the middle but resting up for the ride home makes more sense.

TY

Any order that's better? Better parks, things to skip, can't miss, etc?

If you are early risers, I'd do the early EMH park and when it gets busy you can move to another park. If you are night owls you could do the late EMH park. We always plan our park days around the EMH.

We are also do all the thing without reservations people so I just made a list of 2-3 places in each park we want to eat at and we bring in sandwiches and snacks for lunch so we can eat and go.

We are there the first week in March as well and hopefully it won't be too Mardi Gras crowded :)

We are also do all the thing without reservations people so I just made a list of 2-3 places in each park we want to eat at and we bring in sandwiches and snacks for lunch so we can eat and go.

We are there the first week in March as well and hopefully it won't be too Mardi Gras crowded :)

Unless you planning on counter service meals, Disney park restaurants fill up every day, we tried to "wing it" once, Epcot and HS establishments were 2 hour waits, we ended up with really hungry kids standing at the take out pizza window on Boardwalk, and of course none wanted pizza (1st time in their lives), we would'a went back to the RV but it was our last chance for Illuminations

Unless you planning on counter service meals, Disney park restaurants fill up every day, we tried to "wing it" once, Epcot and HS establishments were 2 hour waits, we ended up with really hungry kids standing at the take out pizza window on Boardwalk, and of course none wanted pizza (1st time in their lives), we would'a went back to the RV but it was our last chance for Illuminations

Counter service is exactly what we plan on - hopefully taking advantage of the online ordering to boot.
When I ask my kids "what do you want to do at Disney?" They never reply "Sit down and eat at _____ for 1.5 hours" and my hubby did not want to go spend $100 on a meal that they may or may not eat all of.
For Epcot, we will get Fish N Chips again to watch Illuminations and pop into a few of the other places as we walk around :) The only place I considered splurging on was Skipper Canteen on our last day, but then decided that the food truck at FW is more our style haha.
From what I heard, in Feb/early March, I should still be able to pull open the MDE app and see if there is availability for a reservation the day of too since folks will have changed their minds and cancelled the week prior.

Also- we don't tend to eat at the traditional times: Breakfast is 8ish, lunch is 1:30 ish and dinner is 7ish, so we miss many of the large hangry crowds.

Counter service is exactly what we plan on - hopefully taking advantage of the online ordering to boot.
When I ask my kids "what do you want to do at Disney?" They never reply "Sit down and eat at _____ for 1.5 hours" and my hubby did not want to go spend $100 on a meal that they may or may not eat all of.
For Epcot, we will get Fish N Chips again to watch Illuminations and pop into a few of the other places as we walk around :) The only place I considered splurging on was Skipper Canteen on our last day, but then decided that the food truck at FW is more our style haha.
From what I heard, in Feb/early March, I should still be able to pull open the MDE app and see if there is availability for a reservation the day of too since folks will have changed their minds and cancelled the week prior.

Also- we don't tend to eat at the traditional times: Breakfast is 8ish, lunch is 1:30 ish and dinner is 7ish, so we miss many of the large hangry crowds.

you should be all good then!

you should be all good then!

I hope so! I thought about some sit down meals but then really thought about how long our 6 and 2 year old boys can sit and decided we would pack in lunches and eat quick :p
One day Hubs and I will have a parent's only trip and get some nice meals in.

So, we're booked for early March at the Fort! It's just the wife and I this time and we want to experience as much as possible without tying ourselves down with reservations (meals and shows don't appeal to us).

What would you do with a 5 day hopper ticket going Saturday to Saturday?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Since you have hoppers, you won't have to be as stuck on any specific park per day either. Some of the planning boards are good for picking which park on which day and thus which fast pass you want to get. I think our window for booking FP starts next week actually.

I would probably pick a down day in the middle of the week, depending on the weather. We like to go to one park in the morning--maybe have a QS lunch, then go back to the RV for a few hours and rest a bit--or just hang out. Then we go to another park most evenings. We aren't Open to Close types, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!