Our No Plan Trip Report

RipperSB

Mouseketeer
For those of you who are just joining, my pre-trip report can be found here http://www.disboards.com/threads/our-plan-is-to-not-plan.3349618/. Briefly, our trip was to celebrate our 30th anniversary and so we booked a 5 night stay at the BWV followed by a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy followed by another 5 night stay at OKW. We departed on 12 Jan 15 for our first resort stay, embarked on the ship on 17 Jan 15 and disembarked and returned to the resort on 24 Jan 15 and returned home on 29 Jan 15.

Our plan for the resort stays was to do nothing in advance – no ADRs, no FPs – just see what is available on the day we arrive at the park. We did plan one event – we reserved a table for the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Review as we had never been before and really wanted to catch that show & dinner. So that was booked for 14 Jan 15. One other thing popped up – just a couple days prior to our departure, we received an email inviting us to the presentations for the new Poly Bungalows & Studios. We decide to attend and book that for 15 Jan. These two items would factor in our decisions on what to do on those days and, ultimately led to us abandoning the idea of playing the bus stop lottery and actually deciding each morning what we were going to do that day.

Departure Day

Following the advice to arrive 2-3 hours prior to departure (apparently they get quite busy with people trying to escape the Canadian winter) found on the airport’s website, we arrive at the airport at 5:AM only to discover a sign at the United check-in counter that says they open 2 hrs prior to departure. Fortunately, a worker sees us standing there and check’s our bags so we can, at least, go for bagels and coffee at Timmies. Boarding and departure go without a hitch and we are on our way to Denver.

Arriving in Denver we clear customs quickly, using the new self-serve kiosks. We recheck our luggage, go through security and make our way to Concourse B. It is now time for some lunch and, in what has become a travel day ritual for us, we head to Woody Creek Bakery and Café. DW orders a BLT Wrap and I get a Clubhouse Crossanwich, both are delicious.

The flight from Denver to Orlando was long and bumpy, especially on arrival as there was inclement weather in and around Orlando. We were very happy when it was over and even happier still to board the DME to BWV. Check in was a breeze (I did the online check in) and, having never stayed here before, we were anxious to check out the room which was on the ground floor with a view of the pool.

In our room, we were delighted to find a Happy Anniversary balloon, Boardwalk chocolates, an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie (wishing us congrats) and a phone message, also from Mickey and Minnie singing Happy Anniversary. All very nice, magical touches that we appreciated.

Compared to our home resort, BLT, the BWV Studio seemed to have a little more space but less or smaller furniture, especially for storage. BLT has the big bureau with the drawers and shelves and BWV had a single, 4 drawer dresser. There was no coffee table and no end table/shelf on my side of the bed. The safe was a wall safe, rather than the pedestal offered at BLT, so it may be out of the way we found it less roomy and a little more difficult to stack things on the vertical.

It’s time for dinner, so we head to the Boardwalk Bakery. DW gets the anticipated Lobster Roll and I opt for a Roast Beef sandwich, getting it served warm (my choice). Of course, it’s cupcakes for dessert and we get a Strawberry Shortcake and an Oreo. We heartily enjoy our meals as they are, as always, flavourful and filling.

Returning to our room, our order from Garden Grocer is delivered but there is no sign of our luggage. A phone call and some waiting later and 1 suitcase ea arrives (we each had 2) and it is not until 1:00 AM that we get all our luggage and are able to turn in after what has been a long and tiring day.

Last edited:
Some Pictures

Getting ready to go.

695.jpg

Our room at BWV.
193.jpg

Close up of the surprise.

194.jpg

First cupcakes.

704.jpg

13 Jan 15

We decided, this morning, to go to Hollywood Studios. Considering our late start (due to our sleeping in), I was feeling a little pessimistic about our chances with FP+ and dining reservations. Firing up the MDE on the iPad showed that, aside from Toy Story Midway Mania, there was FPs available for all attractions. The wait times were also reasonable, even for mid-morning, with TSMM and Rockin’ Rollercoaster with moderate waits. Dining also had a number of choices with tables available at 50’s Prime Time, Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s. We decide not to have a TS meal and plan on QS for lunch and dinner, Starring Rolls Café and Fairfax Fare being our chosen destinations.

201.jpg

They still have their tree up? I don’t feel so bad about those lights now!

We head to the park and report to Will Call to pick up our AP renewal. I am both shocked and amazed with the person tells us that our previous APs were mixed up – DW’s was issued to me and vice versa. No worries, she says… I’ll fix it (DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!). So we get our new APs, head for the gates and my magic band does not work (blue ring of shame)… shocking, I know. DW’s worked fine (what the…?), so I head into guest relations while she opts for a smoke break. It takes only a short time and everything is now functional and we recheck DW’s just to make sure. It is now just after 11:00 AM and a check of Wait Times shows just about all the ride attractions approaching or exceeding moderate, better book some FPs.

Selecting FPs, we opt for Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. We get decent timings with the opening windows at 1150, 1320 & 1500. First things first however, as being at WDW means getting to have one snack that we don’t get in Canada – Funnel Cake! We make a beeline to the Oasis Outpost for some of that deep-fried, sugary goodness!

707.jpg

Mmmmm… Funnel Cake!

After that it is over to the GMR. This one is a favourite of mine and I was happy to hear about TCM coming on board. I am hopeful for some sort of updating/addition to the attraction items, along with the announced new opening introduction and closing.

709.jpg

The Sorcerer’s Hat coming down.

711.jpg

Say, this looks like a nice place to stay.

We head on over to the TOT, I want to do that before lunch because I want to hold onto my lunch. DW announces that she is going to go on the ride! “Are you sure?” I ask, she says “Yes”! So, after a nervous smoke and a more nervous trip to the bathroom, we go on in. She had fun looking at all the details inside the lobby and started getting a little spooked as we made our way to the “service elevator”. Once she’s strapped in I point out the grab bars and she immediately takes hold. Once that first drop began, she started screaming and did not stop until the ride stopped. She’s a little shaky as we walk off and, having rode once, vows to never ride again… one and done but courage like that deserves a cupcake so it’s off to Starring Rolls Café for lunch.

713.jpg

Never again!

Over at Starring Rolls, as we stared at those monster sandwiches they serve (ham or turkey with fresh mozza, on foccacia), we decide to split one. Cupcakes selected are the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Chocolate with Banana Frosting & Caramel Drizzle, which I will just refer to as the Baymax cupcake. Both were very rich and tasty.

715.jpg

714.jpg

After lunch it’s over to Star Tours. We arrive ahead of our |FP return time and the SB is only 10 mins so DW camps along side the Jedi Academy and I head in. I do another run through on my FP and then DW hands me her band and I do another run through. We can have the moral discussion on the use/misuse of MBs in that manner another time. I was impressed with the three rides as I only had duplications in the opening scenes, only got to see Vader once and visiting Hoth twice. By the time I got out, DW had sat through the Jedi Academy and was impressed with the show they put on.

We make our way down to Fairfax Fare with a plan of grabbing some dinner and checking in with a FP kiosk to see what’s available. For dinner, DW gets the ½ Chicken and I get the Gourmet Pulled Pork & Coleslaw Hot Dog, both are fantastic!

716.jpg

Now, that’s a hot dog!

After dinner we check in with the nearby FP kiosk, hoping for TSMM but no joy. There are times for RNR, TOT or Fantasmic but they are a later than we would like and we are getting a bit tired. A combination of the long day yesterday and the fun-filled day today convince us it’s time to head back to the resort for the day.

14 Jan 15

Today we decided to go to AK as we have our reservations for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue and want to do a “less than a whole day plus evening” park. A check of the wait times shows it’s pretty much walk on for everything, at the moment, but we make FP selections anyway. First up is Lion King, a show we always enjoy and this time was no exception.

221.jpg

Festival of the Lion King

218.jpg

Love the monkey tumblers!

Next was Kilimanjaro Safari and we had a very entertaining driver. It was a very enjoyable ride even though some of the animals (black rhinos, warthogs, mandrills, etc) were no shows.

235.jpg

At least some of the animals were out!

Lunchtimes rolls around and we decide to finally try a turkey leg! Our first one ever was served with cornbread and beans from Trilo-Bites and was very tasty.

717.jpg

Smokey goodness!

Last FP was for Expedition Everest and I did another double ride-though having a blast both times. The only downside in using FP to whip through to the ride is making sure you don’t deprive yourself of one of the best queues in WDW. The exhibits and attention to detail is just spectacular. Time for a snack and then we decide to head back to the resort to get cleaned up and changed for the Hoop-Dee-Doo!

718.jpg

Fistful of churro!

268.jpg

The stage at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is, hands down, one of the best dinner/show that we have experienced since coming to WDW. The outstanding food and spectacularly entertaining talent make this experience worth every penny. Claire DeLune quickly became our favourite character as she welcomed visitors from overseas countries… like Canada. The servers then brought out the cornbread and salad, both of which were soooo good!

722.jpg

Mmmmm… cornbread!

721.jpg

And salad!

The cast dispersed throughout the audience looking for people celebrating their birthday and then introduced them to everyone in attendance and then sang Happy Birthday. Next were anniversaries so I immediately made eye contact with Claire and signalled her over. We gave our names and when she asked where we were from, DW and I both said “Overseas – Canada!” The cast then invited the anniversary couples to dance as they sang “I Only Have Eyes for You”. I was only looking at my wife, as we danced, but she told me we were the only ones who did. Next the cast invited veterans and serving military personnel to stand in recognition as they said thank you for service to the country. While DW (who is retired) and I (still active duty) are Canadian, we felt that as long-time allies and NORAD partners we have contributed to the defence of the US and so we rose as they sang “America”.

The servers then brought out the main course of fried chicken ribs along with sides of mashed potatoes and corn. It was beyond delicious. The fried chicken was crispy, the ribs were meaty and both were tender and juicy. I did not get any pictures as we were too busy eating and could not believe it when our server asked us if we thought we’d want more, there must have been a whole chicken in there AND a full rack of ribs!

The remainder of the show carried on and we found very entertaining including an over-the-top production introducing the Strawberry Shortcake Dessert. Song, dance, jokes and a little audience participation made for a very enjoyable experience that has become a magical memory that will not soon be forgotten.

P.S. – Returning to the BWV, there was entertainment going on in the lobby as Carlo the Great showed his talents at balancing and juggling, although we left as he was searching for volunteers for his “Juggling Babies” act.

276.jpg

You’re going to juggle what?

Sounds to me like you two have fun no matter where you go! Congrats on your anniversary, cant wait to read more (and see more cupcakes!)

15 Jan 15

Today we have the DVC Poly presentation to attend (at SSR) and so we decided to go to DTD. We did some shopping and a lot of looking around at all the construction going on – it’s going to be pretty spectacular when it is all completed.

278.jpg

A view of DTD, soon to be Disney Springs.

We checked the app for dining options and saw availability at the House of Blues and, having never eaten there before, decided to check it out.

286.jpg

Inside the House of Blues

283.jpg

Cathedral Ceiling

Checking out the menu, DW selects the Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese and I get the Juicy Lucy Burger with fries.

725.jpg

Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese

726.jpg

Juicy Lucy

After lunch we do some more wandering around and shopping. Eventually we make our way over to SSR, via the new walkway, for the Poly presentation. They put on a very entertaining show with a ukulele player and two hula dancers from the Poly luau show. After the presentation, which was pretty informative, they split us up into groups. Group 1 goes right over to check the model deluxe studio room. Group 2 goes for Dole Whips and meets with Stitch and Group 3 goes for snacks/appetizers. The groups then rotate. The studios are supposed to be the largest available of the DVC resorts (sorry, OKW, there go the bragging rights) and the bathroom set up is rather spectacular. A fold down bed also means the studios sleep 5 so I can see the immediate appeal for some families. However, because of the fold out bed there is no dresser. In fact the only storage area seen was a single drawer in the bed and the coffee table/hutch. So, Mom & Dad and the 3 kids all have places to sleep but they’re going to have to live out of their suitcases for a week?

740.jpg

Aloha!

So, a bit of a short day today but a fun and informative one!

Last edited:
16 Jan 15

Today we decided on Epcot but when I go to check MDE for dining and FP+, it looks like MDE has crapped out. So, we head off to the park and plan to find a FP kiosk and see what we can do. I guess here is the downside to not making plans prior.

Arriving at Epcot and the FP+ kiosk, we confirm MDE is down but the kiosks are alive and well. We select Soarin’, Spaceship Earth & Nemo. We make our way over to Spaceship Earth but, just prior to our FP time, the ride goes down. We’re not really interested in waiting around so we head off to Sunshine Seasons, in The Land, for some lunch. DW decides on the Turkey on Focaccia and I go for the Fish Tacos, both are very good.

744.jpg

Tasty turkey!

743.jpg

Fantastic fish!

And for dessert:

745.jpg

The Caramel Apple Crunch

After lunch, there is a short wait for The Land so we decide to go on that. I am continually impressed with the work and research they are doing there.

It’s time to take our trip ‘round the world! We head off to the World Showcase and our first stop is Mexico and the Fiesta Boat Ride. Curious - when going through the World Showcase, do you go clockwise or counter-clockwise? Enquiring minds want to know!

We arrive at Germany right at Snack Time, which means… beer and pretzel! This is quickly becoming a recurring event for us.

746.jpg

Mmmm… Pilsner!

Germany also means a stop at the Karmel-Kuche for tasty sweet caramel treats.

Stopping for a smoke in Italy, we suddenly hear a beating drum and blaring trumpet as we catch our first display of the new the flag wavers. It’s a pretty good show, made a bit more challenging with the “delightful breeze” that was blowing.

288.jpg

Concluding our trip around the world showcase, we see the chair stackers in France and stop by the Twinnings store, in the UK, for tea. It’s time to head back now as we have to do laundry, pack, grab dinner on the Boardwalk and get everything else ready for our cruise departure tomorrow.

295.jpg

I will continue the cruise portion on a DCL trip report thread and then resume here with our returning 5 night stay at OKW.

Last edited:

24 Jan 15 – Old Key West
768.jpg

Checking in from our cruise we find that, unfortunately (but not surprisingly), our room is not ready. I ensure they have my mobile number so they can text me when the room is ready. However, after consideration, we are not feeling like going anywhere due to our early morning wake up and so decide to camp out on a comfy loveseat in the lobby.

Lunch time rolls around and feeling a little hungry, I head to Good’s Food to Go for a little take-out. DW asks for the chicken noodle soup, which she loves. I get the jerk chicken pita and it is excellent, full of flavourful chicken.

It’s getting to be around 3:30PM and still no text. I go up to the check-in desk to inquire and (big surprise) the room IS ready. We head to Bell Services to get their assistance dude brings around the limo version of the golf cart and transports us to our room. We’re in bungalow 24 which is nicely located near the Hospitality House and has a bus stop nearby, as well.

680.jpg
Welcome home!

668.jpg
The view from the veranda.

671.jpg
Along the side.

675.jpg
The front yard.

The room itself is not too bad. As advertised there is a lot of space and a little more storage than BWV as there is a 4 drawer dresser that also serves as the TV stand. Once again, there is no end table on my side of the bed and the suitcase, when unpacked, will have to do.

Our plan for today is to unpack and get our laundry done (no charge for these machines!). We grab our stuff and go get started, planning on getting dinner at Good’s. DW gets the ham & cheese sammich and I get their chicken nuggets and fries, both are very good. As we are finishing our dinner, one of the CM rolls up a cart and announces there will be a movie/music trivia contest. This one was a lot less hard-core than the trivia contests aboard the cruise ship and everybody has a good time with it. Laundry all done, we head back to our room for a little TV before turning in.

25 Jan 15

To day we decide to go to Hollywood Studios, putting off going to the Magic Kingdom until the last two days of the trip. A check of the app shows FPs available for everything except Toy Story Midway Mania and the Anna & Elsa Sing Along.

We get to the park and, once again, I get the Blue Ring of Shame with our new magic bands (the AP card works fine). I head off to Guest Relations and they fix everything up after a phone call to tech support. I don’t know what the problem is but lately, it seems, every new set of MBs does not want to work for park entry but works for everything else. Anyway, it gets fixed and the CM gives us a Golden Fast Pass so we head straight for TSMM. The scores are close but I managed to squeeze out a few more points than DW.

509.jpg
What’s more fun than?

After that we decide to select some FPs as the wait times are starting to increase. We opt for Indiana Jones, Star Tours, and the Great Movie Ride. Passing by, the Sorcerer’s Hat is being further disassembled.
760.jpg

Lunchtime is at Starring Roles Café and, this time, we split one of those ginormous ham sandwiches but we each get a cupcake – Red Velvet for DW and Butterfinger for me.
759.jpg

758.jpg

The Indiana Jones Adventure is one of our favourites as an entertaining show. Even though there was a malfunction involving the boulder, the show was still an exciting and enjoyable one.

516.jpg

525.jpg

Star Tours is as thrilling as always and we enjoy the Great Movie Ride despite the fact that we got the Gangster treatment again. Next time, I’ll try to get inn the first car for the Western skit.

Dinner time and we want to check out the food trucks at Downtown Disney so we hop on a bus and head over there. Really hard to decide as it all looks so good. DW goes for the chicken nuggets and fries from one truck and I get a gyro and feta fries from another. After dinner we call it quits and head back to the resort.

Last edited:
26 Jan 15

Today we’re going to Epcot. Having decided that, DW says she would really like to have breakfast at The Crystal Palace, when we visit the Magic Kingdom. I check the app on the phone and get a breakfast reservation for 27 Jan 15. Next, I check our dining options for today at Epcot and, not surprisingly, there are times for lunch and dinner all over the world.
Next, a check of FPs and the only problem (if I can call it that) is that the only time for Soarin’ was at 1930 so I opt for Test Track instead. We add Spaceship Earth (remember to thank the Phoenicians’) and The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Spaceship Earth is first and is a classic, as always, although this time the ride itself seems a little bumpy. Next is Test Track and this is my first time. I can certainly see the attraction that others have for this ride, it was a lot of fun designing the car and striving for that balance between performance and conservation. The actual ride is thrilling, although the "stop & go" portion at the beginning was a little "jerky".

Nemo is a fun but I had forgotten how dimly lit the queue is there.

Time for a late lunch and we have a craving for German. A check of the app shows times available at Biergarten so we do a walk up. We are seated with another (elderly) couple and a family of four. The buffet is fantastic, made slightly better with the addition of a beer flight that we share. Between the two trips through the line I have potato & leek soup, bratwurst, schnitzel, spaetzel, two types of potato salad, saurkraut and red cabbage. The dessert line offered strudel, black forest cake and German cheesecake. We have a great dining experience with the fantastic food, the entertaining band and chatting with our table-mates.

We finish wandering our way around the world, stopping at the Twinnings store in the UK for more tea and then decide to head back to the resort.

27 Jan 15

The day starts with breakfast at the Crystal Palace. All my favourite breakfast buffet items are there: eggs, bacon, sausage & gravy, grits, Mickey waffles, French toast, etc. It’s all so good!

Eeyore and Winnie showed up to say hello:
538.jpg

539.jpg

540.jpg

After breakfast we try to have a look at our FP options but, once again, the app seems to have crapped out. We head over to Mickey’s Philarmagic, since you really don’t need a FP for that one. It’s been a while since we saw that show; I always liked how Donald interacts with the other Disney characters.

We head over to the nearest FP+ kiosk to try and book some FPs and we learn that, this time, it’s not the app that’s broke but the whole FP system. CM gives us a old-time paper golden FP, so we tuck that away. There’s a short wait time for “It’s a Small World” so in we go. We have never been on that one before, it’s an enjoyable attraction but that song sticks in your head for a while.

Next, we head over to Pirates of the Caribbean as the wait time says 40 mins. Turns out it moves much faster than that and we are in at about the 20 min mark. We get loaded in the front of the boat along with these two other dudes who repeatedly took flash photos with their phones despite my reminding them that flash photography was not permitted – maybe they did not understand English so well but the only other languages I speak are sarcasm and profanity! The boat odes the (relatively) small drop and we get soaked (WTH?!?!) liked we never have before. It’s so bad we have to return to the resort to change our clothes. I now see that POTC is now closed and a lot off the comments came from people who had similar experiences.

Returning to the park, we are just in time for the Festival of Fantasy parade and have a really good spot to watch the parade.
546.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

558.jpg

577.jpg
That is one scary float!

It’s especially magical when the characters notice our buttons (even from the top of their floats) and wish us a Happy Anniversary!

After the parade, we cash in our FP at the Haunted Mansion and it remains one of my favourites as I seem to notice something new each time.

We head on over to the Jungle Cruise despite the 40 min posted wait time. I convinced DW that it wouldn’t be that long, they said Pirates 40 mins but it was only half that. Well, I was wrong; it was 40 mins all right!

There’s a short wait to meet with Tinkerbell so we head on in. She is such a fun character.
584.jpg

It’s getting late and we’re feeling a little hungry so we head over to Casey’s for a hot dogs and fries. It’s a great, tasty hot dog that needs only ketchup and mustard!

We then walk down Main Street to catch the Electrical Parade and then walk back up Main Street and find a spot near the Crystal Palace to watch Wishes. We’ve seen Fantasmic and Illuminations and they are fine shows but Wishes is, without a doubt, our favourite fireworks show.

28 Jan 15
Today is our last full day here and, as discussed, we are going back to the Magic Kingdom. FPs are available for everything except 7DMT and Anna & Elsa so we get timings for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan’s Flight. Splash Mountain is closed for refurb so no Mountain Trilogy this time.
First things first, however, as we have to enjoy one of DW’s favourite snacks that we don’t get in Canada – Funnel Cake!
764.jpg

In between our FP times we search out attractions with no/low wait times and end up on: the railroad for a ride around the Magic Kingdom, Ariel’s Grotto, the Carousel, the Liberty Belle, Tea Cups and It’s a Small World.
610.jpg
A view of our home resort from the railroad.
623.jpg
Onboard the Liberty Belle.
766.jpg
On the Carousel.
We have a late lunch at Columbia Harbour House, one of our favourite QS places in the MK. I get the Fish & Chips and DW goes for the Shrimp & Chips and, once again, CHH does not disappoint.
We also get to meet ‘n’ greet with Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Minnie!
585.jpg

586.jpg

588.jpg

589.jpg

Interactions with the characters is always fun, and today was no exception as they all notice our buttons and wished us a Happy Anniversary. Daisy even expressed some envy as she, apparently has been waiting a long time for Donald to put a ring on her!
After our last FP ride, we stop by the Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) and grab some sandwiches, lattes and a cupcake to take back to our room and prepare for our departure tomorrow.
767.jpg
Mmmm… dessert!

Last edited:
29 Jan 15

Departure day goes without a hitch, thanks to Bell Services bringing by the limo golf cart so we can load up our luggage and drive over to do the resort airline check-in. Boarding passes, printed, luggage fees paid and we have plenty of time for lunch before DME arrives. At Good’s Food to Go, DW is happy to snack on a pretzel and I go for the Angus burger and fries.
After lunch there’s still time for a little lounging by the pool. We then collect our things and head over to the bus stop. A short while later the DME shows up and we begin the saddest ride in WDW – going back to Orlando International.

The flights go without incident (always a good thing) and we land in Regina, SK on time.
FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, it was a fantastic trip!
Put a Disney cruise on your bucket list as you will long remember the quality and service that DCL provides.
As far as the resorts go, we really missed our home at Bay Lake Tower. The other resorts were fine, mind you, and we could not have done this trip the way we did if it were not for the lower points required to stay at BWV and OKW. We bought in (and added on) at BLT for its contemporary look, the layout and furnishings of the suite, its connection to The Contemporary, proximity to the Magic Kingdom as well as transportation options whether walking, monorail, water taxi or bus.
The “No Plan” portion of the trip worked out pretty well. There are, I found, quite a number of things you can do on the spur of the moment. There are several attractions with no/low wait times and FP times we could get on the day of our visit. There are also plenty of dining options for snacking, QS, walk-ups and reservations that you can get a day ahead or same day. There were also, however, a number of attractions and dining experiences that we were not able to get. 7DMT, Anna & Elsa and BOG were never available, other popular ones like TSMM, Soarin’ and Jungle Cruise were gone quickly and their Stand By times grew exponentially.
So, I think it boils down to this: if there is something that you REALLY want to do, then plan ahead for it. Make that ADR at 180 days out or book that FP at 60 days out. If not, then relax and enjoy your time and have fun flying by the seat of your pants.

Last edited:
I love this trip report! Thank You so much for sharing. It was nice to see a laid back approach to a WDW when so many are so commando. I don't think I can do the no plan approach yet because I have young child at home, but I am buying into DVC for just this reason, to be able to do more relaxing trips in a few years. Glad you had a great Anniversary trip!

I love this trip report! Thank You so much for sharing. It was nice to see a laid back approach to a WDW when so many are so commando. I don't think I can do the no plan approach yet because I have young child at home, but I am buying into DVC for just this reason, to be able to do more relaxing trips in a few years. Glad you had a great Anniversary trip!

Glad you enjoyed it. Certainly, the "no plan" approach will not work for everyone just as the "plan everything" doesn't work for everyone. As usual the answer lies in striking a balance between the two. Cheers!

I think I would be quite a happy person to go on a trip with you and your wife, I pulled DBF over at one point to show him all of your pictures and promptly exclaim that you *must* adopt me for future trips! Great attention to detail, loved hearing about the cruise as well.

I think I would be quite a happy person to go on a trip with you and your wife, I pulled DBF over at one point to show him all of your pictures and promptly exclaim that you *must* adopt me for future trips! Great attention to detail, loved hearing about the cruise as well.

Glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter