Our Magical "Memories" Vow Renewal 5/24/16 : VOW RENEWAL DAY TRIP REPORT (with pics-more to come)

ELLIE BADGES

We are going to kick off our vow renewal adventure by surprising our guests with a ride on Characters in Flight- upon which we will present them with the "Grape Soda Badges" from UP attached to cards we made (picture below)!

characters-in-flight-00.jpg

We made up up these cards to put the badges on so they look a little extra special when we hand it to them.
Once we board the hot air balloon we will give these to them!
My hubby designed them and I think they look amazing!
What do you think? Any suggestions?

up.jpg

And here are what the badges look like- we are going to attach them to the left of the balloon in the picture.
We chose ones with a key chain attached so that (hopefully) our guests will get more use out of it!

il_570xN.930437728_86kw.jpg

I know I said we weren't going with any "theme" but UP/ Adventure is slowly starting to naturally become our theme that is tying everything together. We also used UP/Adventure on our welcome brochures (still in the process of making them- will share them soon) and we are also incorporating it into our ceremony (which I will also share soon)! If you have any other suggestions on ways we can incorporate this theme more please let me know! Always open to suggestions :)
XOXO

Last edited:
Guest Itinerary/ "GUIDE MAP"

My hubby designed these "Guide Maps" for our guests so they would have an idea of the schedule for each day (some things we are leaving as TBA because we want to surprise them).

~The front is the pic of me and DH in front of the castle (as Cindy and Prince during MNSSHP).
~The inner flap will have the resort hours and some other fun facts.
~The back of the guide is a "thank you" to our guests and includes a collage of pics with each of our guests and us (and some Disney parks lyrics etc)
~The inside is the complete itinerary.

These will go in there welcome bags when they arrive.

We haven't printed them yet so I thought I would post it here to get some feedback.
How do you think they look?

(They are a trifold and will be double sided so it may look a little weird right now because you are viewing the outside and inside seperately and unfolded)

Brocure Outside.jpg brocure inside.jpg

Last edited:
So exciting. We were married in Disney 11/10/08 in Epcot and had our reception at Atlantic Dance Hall and are hoping to do a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary in 2.5 years. I love everything you are doing for this and we will be in Disney for your VR for my birthday, May 23. Reading along and loving all your ideas, especially the shirts and those great animal ears - I am going to be on the lookout for you guys while we are down there. Have a wonderful time.

So exciting. We were married in Disney 11/10/08 in Epcot and had our reception at Atlantic Dance Hall and are hoping to do a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary in 2.5 years. I love everything you are doing for this and we will be in Disney for your VR for my birthday, May 23. Reading along and loving all your ideas, especially the shirts and those great animal ears - I am going to be on the lookout for you guys while we are down there. Have a wonderful time.

Thanks for following along! Atlantic Dance Hall is amazing, if we had a big wedding reception is Disney that would be my choice of venue! Do you have pics anywhere?
I hope you have a magical birthday, and if you happen to see us please say hi! :)

Also, we opted to not do the animal ears (though they are cute). We condensed our theme to just ADVENTURE (with the focus being on UP). :)

Love your shirt idea and might have to borrow the one that says married since in the back. What are you putting on the front of that one. I don't see the picture of your dress, did you take it off your report? I'm on my phone at work so can't include any pictures and I never did a trip report but will try to post some pictures from my home computer. Will say hi if we see you in the parks.

Love your shirt idea and might have to borrow the one that says married since in the back. What are you putting on the front of that one. I don't see the picture of your dress, did you take it off your report? I'm on my phone at work so can't include any pictures and I never did a trip report but will try to post some pictures from my home computer. Will say hi if we see you in the parks.

All my pics are still up- not sure why you can't see them! :(
Also, all the personalized shirt pics have the front and back show in the picture. the one with "Married Since" has the "celebrating 10 Years" on the front- its the picture right above it.

Hmmm, only one I cant see is your dress. Oh well, things come up differently on my phone, and yes now I see the front and back of the tshirts. They are great.
Are you able to see my dress pics yet? Just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with my entry. ;)

Not yet. I'm on my work computer so some things are messed up but its funny, I can see all your other pictures. I'll have to check my home computer tonight. Thanks.

Not yet. I'm on my work computer so some things are messed up but its funny, I can see all your other pictures. I'll have to check my home computer tonight. Thanks.

Hmmm...someone else was having issues too. I just deleted them and re-uploaded them again. Let me know if it works! ;)

HAIR

I am trying to style my hair myself for the vow renewal (I have had bad experiences in the past with having a hairstylist for special events so I'd rather not have that added stress) so I would love your feedback on this style.

Here is my inspiration pic:

t swift.jpg

And here is my interpretation of the style on me (excuse the no make-up/P.J. look)

_20160418_201156.JPG

Screenshot_2016-04-18-20-02-44.png

Screenshot_2016-04-18-20-03-27.png

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Also, I made the hairpiece I am wearing. DH really wants me to have flowers in my hair and I wanted a little sparkle and a little blue. Here is a closer image of my hairpeice. Any comments or suggestions on this?

hair piece.jpg

Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:
Can I hire you to do my hair? :D

I think it looks great! I love that style! Also the hairpiece. I'm debating making one myself too!

Can I hire you to do my hair? :D

I think it looks great! I love that style! Also the hairpiece. I'm debating making one myself too!

Thanks so much! I am not sure I love what I created for my hairpiece...but I couldn't find anything that I loved online or in stores either! At least this one has all the elements I was looking for. I may still tweak it some more in the next couple of weeks. But if you are thinking of making one yourself - go for it... I think this cost me 4.00 to make! ;)

WELCOME BAGS

Since we only have 4 guests we were able to coordinate our flights so that we all arrive in Orlando International Airport at the same time (everyone arrives within a 20 min window).

We have all agreed to meet in the foodcourt in the main terminal. Once we arrive (we are the last ones to get in and 2 of our guests will be on the same flight) we will be giving everyone their welcome bags!

I made up this design which is customized with all of our names and found a shop on Esty that was able to print them onto these canvas bags:

icm_fullxfull.88819063_5yt73qcgmdgkc8wckkcg.jpg

IMG_20160421_125249306_HDR.jpgIMG_20160421_125236331_HDR.jpg

We bought a bunch of Disney themed goodies to fill the bags:

1.) Full size bag of Mickey Veggie Chips

IMG_20160421_125351702_HDR.jpg

2. Assorted Disney Candy/Sweets (my favorite of these are the Mickey shaped Lollipops)

IMG_20160421_125827337_HDR.jpg

3.) Mickey Ears and wrist bands

IMG_20160421_135638845_HDR.jpg

4.) Mickey Straw and Bubbles (who doens't like to play with bubbles???)

IMG_20160421_125451010_HDR.jpg

And these "wishing cards"- we will glue 2 nickles to the mickey icons at the bottom (cuz it adds up to 10 for our anniversary)
DH and I wrote this little poem for them:

wishing card.jpg

We will also be adding in the Guide Map /Itineraries (that I had already posted):

Brocure Outside.jpg brocure inside.jpg

Would love any thoughts and opinions if there is something I should definately add/take away!
XOXO

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter