Our kids' happiest cruise moment

Guess you need to stockpile some Happy Meal toys and give them out at the MDR each night!

Lol! Happy Meal toys. My now 27 year old son loved them. in 1999 they were giving out pieces that when you collected them all you would have an Inspector Gadget man. I was running all over the place to get Happy Meals because he wanted to build an Inspector.
Several weeks later, he had his Gadget all put together and was done with it real quick and in the toy box it went.
I wish I had saved it for his little boy now. He is too small for Happy Meals right now, but soon enough.

was when they received their Happy Meal Toy at the McDonalds in port!

Don't get me wrong, we still love our Disney cruises, but it was pretty funny and surprising to see how happy they were playing with their new McDonalds toy.

I get it. We did a 4 day Universal trip with a 4 night cruise this past April. The day before we headed to the cruise, after 4 days at Universal, we ventured out for lunch off site and stopped at Target. There was a 10 week old puppy at Target and seeing that puppy was the highlight of the entire trip, the only thing my 13 and 11 year old kids talked about when we got back. It was like we just went to Orlando to see this random puppy for 15 minutes and didn't do anything else.

So, we left the kids behind on the next cruise! Well, we did leave them behind, just not because of that.

I took my kids to Washington DC. We saw the Supreme Court, the Washington Monument, the Smithsonian, etc. Their favorite part of the trip? Riding the metro.
On their first cruise on the Disney Wonder, they loved being able to get chicken nuggets and fries by themselves at the counter. Sometimes it's the small things in life that satisfy.

When now-adult DN was small we stayed at the Contemporary. Fireworks from our balcony, parks, meeting Mickey? No - his top memory was standing in the middle of pool right in the center of the "target".

I read a story about how this Mom spent months planning a road trip for her family. She painstaking combining educational and fun things to see and do. Nation parks, amusement parks and other top line adventures. After the trip she asked her two kids what was the favorite part of the trip. Their response was the ant hill when they stop for gas out in the middle of nowhere.

it's the little things that they remember. When we were in port at Nassau, my 5 yr old son and I walked to McDonalds and got him a happy meal... he loved it and still remembers it 5 years later :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter