Our happy place & Dream Bday trip 3/29-4/9/11 UPDATE PG 44 - Final Day !!

How cute, it just clicked that she's going to be 11 in 2011, that means she can get all the '11 dated stuff to hold onto for years to come to remember that she celebrated that at Disney. :)

OT -- but this is WDW's 40th anniversary so there are lots of souveniry type stuff with 40th anniversary on them, which will be perfect for couples who are celebrating their 40th at WDW.

Lisa, I've enjoyed reading your introduction to your trip and reading a bit more about Jim. It sounds like you and Megan will have an action packed birthday celebration. Let the Memories CONTINUE.

Lisa - that is so wonderful that you have those ties with the other people who were with Jim. I pray that you and Megan can help the others to try to move on a bit with their lives too! It will be nice to spend some quality time with them in GA and NY!!!! :grouphug:

Your trip is going to be super special!!!!:goodvibes

I hope it will be a good healing time for us all!!!

OT -- but this is WDW's 40th anniversary so there are lots of souveniry type stuff with 40th anniversary on them, which will be perfect for couples who are celebrating their 40th at WDW.

Lisa, I've enjoyed reading your introduction to your trip and reading a bit more about Jim. It sounds like you and Megan will have an action packed birthday celebration. Let the Memories CONTINUE.

thanks, I know our trip sounds super busy, but we will have down time too!

here is a picture of my Jim....its in Megan's room with her daddy shelf...

P1050290.jpg

it includes our last family photos right after xmas 09 went snowmobiling in Leavenworth WA...a picture of his puppy Charlie when he was a little boy...a VW, Jim's fav car, the giant shark tooth he found while working at the Charleston SC golf course the day after Megan was born...his room key to the Hotel Montana and a little golfer statue Megan had given him a few bday back! along with the pink bracelet he had given her from a trip that has her name on it.....and finally a small copy of his grave marker..

Thanks Lisa for sharing with us about Jim! That is really wonderful that you and the other families are keeping in touch after the loss of your loved ones. That common bond is something that will help you all through this grieving process.

What a nice tribute shelf that Megan has in her room for her dad!

Have a nice visit in Georgia! You and Megan are going to make a lot of fun memories celebrating her 11th birthday. Your plans for your trip looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

God bless,
Gail

I'm so teary eyed seeing the display in Megan's room. It's beautiful, but so bittersweet. I hope Goofy's gal and girl have the greatest Mother/Daughter trip ever. You two so deserve it.

thanks Gail and Andrea.....Megan put it all together herself! I love that Jim photo is looking over her every night!

so all our new stuff is washed a put aside so it doesn't get worn! going to bring my list to Megan's dance class tonight to update and double check!!

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures of your Goofy Man Jim. I am so sorry that you have endured such a loss, and so happy for you and Megan that you are working toward healing. This trip will be a great step in that direction with both your Georgia visit and your amazing plans for your Disney World vacation. I can't wait to hear all about it, you both deserve to have a magical and memorable trip.

Lisa thank your for sharing more of Jim. :goodvibes

That memorial shelf that Megan did is so sweet.:grouphug:

I am so glad you shared more about Jim, I always think the best way to honor a lost loved one is to share who they were with others. I love your daughter's shelf, just perfect!!

We had to buy all new clothes for my son for our trip (he needed a new size in shorts etc) and it made packing so much easier. I swear I wish I could do it for myself every time I travel :)

Your trip is coming up fast, how exciting!!!! Love all the last minute energy :banana:

Dearest Lisa,

Of course I already knew Jim's story from our wonderful phone conversation; however, it was also wonderful to finally see a picture of Jim and Megan's Daddy Shelf...let her check the mail Thursday...:rolleyes1

I am glad you shared with everyone, I know there were some that knew already what had happened to your beautiful family, now others can know just how strong you have been through this difficult time. I am praying Disney and Georgia IS your time to heal!! :flower3:

Thank you much sharing your pictures and your story I sit here teary eyed reading I can't say I understand how you all fill but I know how hard my 9 months were when my husband got avtivated and sent to Afghanastan it taught me one thing you cherish every moment you have and waiste no time with family or the ones you love and care about you never knw when God will pick your special flower. I also loved the story about tinkerbell she is my favorite too. We stayed at animal kingdom lodge Kidana right after it opened it was awsome it was just my hubby and me and it was very special. I hope with all my heart yall have a wonderful time and make lots of memories and by what I hve read your goofy man would want yall to do exactly what yall are doing have a wonderful time.
Sheri

Subbing!

So glad you are doing a PTR!!!! So does this mean we are going to get a TR too???? :surfweb::surfweb: :rotfl2:

I will be back later to catch up! :goodvibes

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures of your Goofy Man Jim. I am so sorry that you have endured such a loss, and so happy for you and Megan that you are working toward healing. This trip will be a great step in that direction with both your Georgia visit and your amazing plans for your Disney World vacation. I can't wait to hear all about it, you both deserve to have a magical and memorable trip.

thank you Ellen for your sweet words and also for the wonderful shirts you made for us it will make our trip just that more special!
Lisa thank your for sharing more of Jim. :goodvibes

That memorial shelf that Megan did is so sweet.:grouphug:
Your welcome, it actually helps to talk about what happend! Megan is so proud of her daddy shelf too!

I am so glad you shared more about Jim, I always think the best way to honor a lost loved one is to share who they were with others. I love your daughter's shelf, just perfect!!

We had to buy all new clothes for my son for our trip (he needed a new size in shorts etc) and it made packing so much easier. I swear I wish I could do it for myself every time I travel :)

Your trip is coming up fast, how exciting!!!! Love all the last minute energy :banana:

thanks, I have to keep his memory alive for us both!
I love travelling when the temps are different too, it does make the packing easier!
only 11 days until we leave!!

Dearest Lisa,

Of course I already knew Jim's story from our wonderful phone conversation; however, it was also wonderful to finally see a picture of Jim and Megan's Daddy Shelf...let her check the mail Thursday...:rolleyes1

I am glad you shared with everyone, I know there were some that knew already what had happened to your beautiful family, now others can know just how strong you have been through this difficult time. I am praying Disney and Georgia IS your time to heal!! :flower3:

more mail ??? She will be excited...I'll remember to have her check it after school!
thanks for your prayers my friend!

Thank you much sharing your pictures and your story I sit here teary eyed reading I can't say I understand how you all fill but I know how hard my 9 months were when my husband got avtivated and sent to Afghanastan it taught me one thing you cherish every moment you have and waiste no time with family or the ones you love and care about you never knw when God will pick your special flower. I also loved the story about tinkerbell she is my favorite too. We stayed at animal kingdom lodge Kidana right after it opened it was awsome it was just my hubby and me and it was very special. I hope with all my heart yall have a wonderful time and make lots of memories and by what I hve read your goofy man would want yall to do exactly what yall are doing have a wonderful time.
Sheri

your welcome! is your DH still in the service??? please thank him for his service to our country!!!
we are very excited to finally get to stay at AKL, but it will be bittersweet too!

I so appreciate everyone's support and prayers, its means so much to us to have them!
Our last Christmas with Jim was pretty perfect....we had no issues, family fights (we have always come up to WA since Megan was born for Christmas) with anyone....I know it was God's gift to us...we had 5 days back at home just the three of us before he left to go back to NY...was spent at home, hanging out and spending time together...time we both cherish!

Thank you for sharing the story and photo.... it'll be exciting to go to WDW and take a little bit of him with you!

yes, we made a mickey head countdown with my cricut!
Megan loves to decorate our POP window....I made her this to celebrate her birthday, will attach it with suction cups to the window

P1050493.jpg

she also puts any of Minnie Mouses that she buys for her collection in the window

The birthday banner is fabulous.

Lisa thank you for sharing your story. I hope you have a great time in Georgia

subbing.
Thank you for sharing your story. I can't even imagine the loss you and your daughter have felt. Your strength is inspiring. :flower3:

Thank you for sharing Jim with us. I had seen your siggy and prayed it didn't mean what I thought it did :grouphug:

I can't wait to hear about your trip :lovestruc

Thank you for sharing the story and photo.... it'll be exciting to go to WDW and take a little bit of him with you!

The birthday banner is fabulous.

Lisa thank you for sharing your story. I hope you have a great time in Georgia

subbing.
Thank you for sharing your story. I can't even imagine the loss you and your daughter have felt. Your strength is inspiring. :flower3:

Thank you for sharing Jim with us. I had seen your siggy and prayed it didn't mean what I thought it did :grouphug:

I can't wait to hear about your trip :lovestruc

thank you everyone :goodvibes your support means a lot!!

did last bit of shopping today, a few pairs of new socks, meds, sunscreen! so all my shopping is complete!!!

I actually really love doing that last minute "stuff" shopping. To me it means the trip is almost here.:cool1:

thank you Ellen for your sweet words and also for the wonderful shirts you made for us it will make our trip just that more special!

Your welcome, it actually helps to talk about what happend! Megan is so proud of her daddy shelf too!

thanks, I have to keep his memory alive for us both!
I love travelling when the temps are different too, it does make the packing easier!
only 11 days until we leave!!

more mail ??? She will be excited...I'll remember to have her check it after school!
thanks for your prayers my friend!

your welcome! is your DH still in the service??? please thank him for his service to our country!!!
we are very excited to finally get to stay at AKL, but it will be bittersweet too!

I so appreciate everyone's support and prayers, its means so much to us to have them!
Our last Christmas with Jim was pretty perfect....we had no issues, family fights (we have always come up to WA since Megan was born for Christmas) with anyone....I know it was God's gift to us...we had 5 days back at home just the three of us before he left to go back to NY...was spent at home, hanging out and spending time together...time we both cherish!

No when he came home he retired he had been in reserves for 21 years he got his 20 in and they extended him because he didint have his letter yet that was in sept 02 in jan 03 they got activatied his letter came in june while he was there when he got off the plane in sept the were waiting trying to get him to reinlist he told them no thank you I sent on person over there and someone else came back we have 3 daghters and what they did to them over there really messed with him he just retired from the texas prison system he was with them 23years i retired from the prison system last june after 20 yrs yall have a blast

I actually really love doing that last minute "stuff" shopping. To mean it means the trip is almost here.:cool1:

I know, it is really almost here! since I planned this back in August, has been a long time counting down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter