Our Great Escape - Morocco/Canada/Attic/Sago Cay TR *DisneyWeddingBlog Nomination*

The pics are awesome, even though I can understand not wanting to have the photography there that particular night....can't wait to see more pics!! The menu sounds awesome too....it's only 9 AM and I feel like cooking up quesadillas :)

Oooh the food looks awesome! I like that idea of doing a light buffet in lieu of a dessert party - I hadn't seen that option before, and it looks so tasty!

The fireworks shots are great too!

thank you for the honest review! I'm excited b/c you have pics and have started your story!!!

Thanks:goodvibes It takes so long to upload all the prof pics...I guess because they are such a high resolution. I' still working on the next part, I don't have the patience to upload all the pics at once!

YAY! you started with pictures, can't wait until you get to the ceremony!

The pics are awesome, even though I can understand not wanting to have the photography there that particular night....can't wait to see more pics!! The menu sounds awesome too....it's only 9 AM and I feel like cooking up quesadillas :)

Thanks! :goodvibes Any happy long weekend to my fellow Canadians! It is super nice (and going to be really hot) here today, I hope you have good whether out east and west!

Oooh the food looks awesome! I like that idea of doing a light buffet in lieu of a dessert party - I hadn't seen that option before, and it looks so tasty!

The fireworks shots are great too!
Thanks! We loved the idea of the party @ Epcot, but, except for DH, myself and the rest of my guests could never eat that much in desserts to justify over $20 a person. Most of us are more appetizer than dessert people, so this just seemed more appropriate for us!

Thanks for posting the photos, cant wait to see more! Were are booked for Morocco this December for our dessert party, can't wait! All the decor is going to be Moroccan themed as well :goodvibes

The welcome party looks great! It's nice to see non-dessert options and everything looks really good. Your DPS pics in your signature look great, I can't wait to see more. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the photos, cant wait to see more! Were are booked for Morocco this December for our dessert party, can't wait! All the decor is going to be Moroccan themed as well :goodvibes
I'm glad you like the photos! The thing I like best about Morocco (over other Epcot DP's I have seen) is that the ambiance is so awesome, and it makes even the random pics look cool.

The welcome party looks great! It's nice to see non-dessert options and everything looks really good. Your DPS pics in your signature look great, I can't wait to see more. :goodvibes

Thanks:goodvibes DH and I are really happy with our pictures! We have 2 frames we bought in WDW, plus we get one enlarged through our DPS package. It took us about 5 hours to go through and decide which one to put in each frame and which one to have enlarged....it was such a tough decision!

The food sounds yummy. Sorry you had problems though. Can't wait to read about the wedding!

yay! more pictures. I'm glad the food was good! Sorry you had such issues with the gifts and didn't like the location that much. Can't wait for more!

First of all, I'd like to say Thank You for posting the reviews. It's such a big help to us who are still in the planning stages. :goodvibes
I'm so happy you got your DVD and your pictures. Everything looks beautiful and the food looks yummy! Can't wait to see more!:cool1:

I loved your Welcome party pictures. They are beautiful. The food looked so good, it made me hungry. I love the pictures in your signature! Can't wait to see more!

I couldn't remember if you already had it or not, but I can't wait until I see the rest of your pictures!!!:)

yay! more pictures. I'm glad the food was good! Sorry you had such issues with the gifts and didn't like the location that much. Can't wait for more!

The food sounds yummy. Sorry you had problems though. Can't wait to read about the wedding!

The food was really good! It isn't that I didn't like Morocco...I just wasn't aware of the awkward shape of it, and was kind of disappointed in it. I have always been a firm believer in open space (I hate clutter and small spaces) so that is really the only reason it bothered me. The location itself is quite amazing. I love Morocco at night!

First of all, I'd like to say Thank You for posting the reviews. It's such a big help to us who are still in the planning stages. :goodvibes
I'm so happy you got your DVD and your pictures. Everything looks beautiful and the food looks yummy! Can't wait to see more!:cool1:

I loved your Welcome party pictures. They are beautiful. The food looked so good, it made me hungry. I love the pictures in your signature! Can't wait to see more!

Thank you:goodvibes I really love those pics too! I'm really happy with my ceremony and portrait locations...the pics turned out beautiful!

I couldn't remember if you already had it or not, but I can't wait until I see the rest of your pictures!!!:)

I'll start uploading more now!:goodvibes

Day 3 Part 1 – Wedding Day!!!!

I made sure to set the alarm so that I had at least 20 minutes to jump in the shower, throw some clothes on and have a bite to eat. I should have paid more attention to other brides TR’s, as many reported Patricia had showed up early. It was only 5 minutes early, which is quite professional on her end, but it meant I didn’t have time to eat or drink…oh well!

Patricia came in and starting setting everything up. I have to say, she is one of the cutest, nicest people I have ever met! I showed her the picture of the hairstyle I wanted, and a few of the makeup, and she went straight to work. Since she uses MAC, and I have a mild (okay huge) obsession with that brand, she kept telling me which colours she was using, which was nice, so I knew what exactly was going on my face.

The big debate I was having when planning my wedding was whether or not to have the bridal portraits in the morning. I really wanted to get ready with my friends, so I was worried about missing out on this. My desire to avoid waking up early twice, and getting my hair and makeup redone, quickly settled the decision. It turned out to be for the best. I really enjoyed how quite it was getting ready. Patricia and I talked a bit, but we were mostly quite. DH discovered that the hockey highlights (which he kept trying to catch at night) were aired early in the morning, so he was quite pleased with that. As Patricia was just finishing up with my, all the girls arrived. She got right to work on my MOH, and the 2 others helped me into my dress. I took one look at the clock and realized it was time to go. I quickly put on my jewelry, grabbed my purse, my soon to be husband, put on my shoes, and put all the bags by the door that the girls needed to bring for my planner (guestbook, wine box, etc).

DH and I quickly moved to the BC lobby to find Joe and Regina. It suddenly occurred to me that I had no idea where our flowers were going to be. As soon as I said this out loud, a lady approached me in the lobby who had my bouquet and DHs boutonniere…so that problem was solved quickly! My bouquet was different than I expected. It was a lot longer and skinner than the picture I sent, but I loved the smell of it, and once I got used to it not being what I imagined, I started to love the look of it. After getting our floral in order, DH and I looked outside and saw Joe and Regina, so we went out to get in their van (which was so hard with my dress) and headed to Animal Kingdom!!!

OH I am so excited!! I know pics are coming soon!! I feel like when you post these updates it's like I'm living vicariously though you! It's so cool....Wedding day part 1 is great - can't wait for more....

Day 3 Part 2 – Animal Kingdom Portraits

We started driving to Animal Kingdom, and we were so excited! Being backstage is so cool, and this was the first time we got to do it for any park! We entered somewhere in Africa, I feel like it was by Tusker House (where you can see a big gate anyway). Almost as soon as we pulled in, we stopped right away to jump out for pictures.

There is one thing I want to point out here. Only a really small amount (according to my photographers) of brides have had portrait sessions here. Because of this, people that work in AK are not used to vans driving through, and although they were all nice to DH and I and congratulating us, we could hear them getting irritated with the photographers on multiple occasions. The only time it was actually irritating was when one of the cast members wanted us to leave after only 30 mins, because guests were going to be in the park for breakfast. Obviously, we couldn’t leave…we paid $650 (I believe) for this, and the photographers knew that, so we stayed. We attracted quite a crowd of guests (who also took pictures) which was kind of weird, and, happened again multiple times throughout the day (which we finally got use to)!

Anyway, back to where I was before. We arrived in Africa, and got out and took some pics there! These are some of my favourites:

PH186180410-0059.jpg

PH186180410-0060.jpg

PH186180410-0082.jpg

PH186180410-0092.jpg

We took a ton of pics here, then hopped back into the van and started to head towards Asia. We stopped along the way and got more here:

PH186180410-0120.jpg

PH186180410-0121.jpg

And then we arrived in Asia (I think these are all from Asia):

PH186180410-0106.jpg

PH186180410-0170.jpg

PH186180410-0162.jpg

Soon after, we went to a really cool area that I didn’t even know about, that I *think* was behind Flame Tree BBQ…but I’m honestly not really sure:

PH186180410-0175.jpg

PH186180410-0185.jpg

And of course a few around the tree:

PH186180410-0187.jpg

PH186180410-0066.jpg

We finished off and left for Epcot. I saw the time in the van, and realized we were going to be late. I knew it wasn’t really that big of deal, but I didn’t want my guests to be waiting, and I didn’t want to be behind on everything.
We pulled into Epcot and drove through the backstage area. DH and I were so excited to see it, especially when we saw the globe from illuminations. DH and I were given a tour from Joe and Regina who pointed out what a lot of the buildings were. Regina held other jobs at Epcot previous to DPS, so she was telling us about the characters she got to be “friends” with (which is apparently the technical term for who you dress up as).

Before we knew it, we pulled up behind the UK and were ready to head to the ceremony!!!

Up next, our home away from home…the Canada Pavilion!

Sorry for the changes in photo sizes...I realized the large ones take longer to upload, so I switched to smaller ones!

Ooo yay, wedding day started!! Sounds like your morning went well (aside from a couple people at AK). Your pictures are beautiful!! They did a really great job!

Oh and your bouquet is the most original thing that I have ever seen. It looks like it would be much lighter than a traditional bouquet, was it?

You look beautiful! The pics in Animal Kingdom turned out great! I am so excited to see the rest! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter