Our first stay at the Poly

rriley25

AKUS & Bluegrass ~ Now that's music
We were booked at the WL using an AP rate, but because our May trip is only 3 nights and we have always wanted to try the Poly, I made the switch just minutes ago. I'm so pumped!:bounce:

So tell me all about the Poly. Will our 3yo DD enjoy it or is mostly an adult experience. What's not to miss? Can you see the MK fireworks well? How about the restaurants? Pool?

Waa-Hoo!:earboy2:

Congratulations on your choice! We stayed at the Poly last year for the first time and are definitely addicted. Your 3 year old is going to love it! Some definite things to not miss are:

* the Electrical Water Pagent that goes by every night. We stayed in concierage and the minute the music started my two DSs (ages 7 and 2) were out the door to watch it. It is also great viewed from the beach.

* watching the fireworks over the castle from the beach. My youngest DS still thinks that the fireworks are automatically associated with every castle.

* watching the ducks around the resort. My kids got a kick out of the fact that they seemed to be everywhere along with the rabbits and the lizards.

You are going to love it. Take the time to really explore the resort -- this was one of my DSs favorite part. There seemed to be something new everywhere you looked. Also, it was fantastic that you could get on the monorail every morning to take a ride over to the MK to see Mickey in just a manner of minutes! Enjoy!

The character breakfast at 'Ohanas is one of the best (keep an eye out for Chip), and they have fun "activities" for the kids for 'Ohanas dinner. Breakfast at the Kona cafe is also good, my son likes the Mickey pancakes, I prefer the Tonga Toast or the french toast. Don't miss the deserts! Rereading this, I seem to be obsessed with food today. :)

Take the launch to MK from the Poly's dock at least once. There are three beaches, maybe spend some time there and don't miss the Volcano pool though the slide might be a little much for littler ones. Spend a little time just walking through the resort, the themeing is the best on the property with the landscaping and tiki statues and all. Its a short walk to the TTC and the Epcot monorail just past the Tahiti longhouse, we love the convenience!

Have fun!

Great choice! Your 3yo will love the zero entry pool, beach, fireworks from MK, EWP, and much more. Make sure you take the time to walk the grounds (especially at night). Transportation to just about anywhere was great. The Monorail to Epcot and MK was a blessing. When the kids got tired, it was a quick ride back to the resort for a rest or swim. I wish we were going there on our next visit, but we are going to try the Yacht Club this time. Have a great trip. You are going to love the Poly!

John

The zero entry pool is wonderful. I also liked Kona's cafe for breakfast.

The boats to MK were really allot of fun for my 4yr old.

You picked a lovely hotel.

My then 3 year old (at our last Poly visit) loved the Electrical Water parade. We enjoyed sitting on the beach watching the parade and then watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. The character breakfast at Ohanna was our all time favorite and the food was great. Even my 7 year old loved the dance the kids did during breakfast. Also, the entire property is beautiful so any view you have is relaxing and magical. Don't forget to look for all the small lizards roaming the grounds of the Poly.

Can't wait til our next trip! Soon!:Pinkbounc

johnnyr: We usually stay at the YC and are now trying the Poly. I hope we BOTH have vacations to dream about!!:thewave: :goodvibes

Another vote for the character breakfast at O'hana's. Get one of the later seatings, they hand out maracas and the kids parade around the restaurant at the end! It was the highlight of our trip. We were also brought lots of seconds and not rushed in the least. The warm pineapple bread was yummy!

Originally posted by YCFAN
johnnyr: We usually stay at the YC and are now trying the Poly. I hope we BOTH have vacations to dream about!!:thewave: :goodvibes

YCFAN - This is cool! There is no question we both will have vacations to dream about. Have a great stay at the Poly! I'm jealous ::yes::

The Poly....................... Its truly MAGICAL:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

My first stay at the Poly was when my DD was 3 and I was 6 months pregnant with baby #3 (I left wild boy 20 months at home with DH). When we came home and someone asked her what she liked best about Disney she often said Dumbo, Monorail, Carosel, or Figment but one time she said the night. And you know there really is something so special about walking around at night (something she doesn't do at home too much) with the Tiki torches and the music.

A few other thoughts-its a very relaxing walk to the GF. At the pool you can get a life jacket for your DD. And don't forget to ask for a ride in the front of the Monorail.

Konas for breakfast or lunch.

Maccaw birds in the lobby.

Drinks on the beach while watching the MK fireworks and ELP.

Monorail & boat right at your hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter